Cable for sat system

Diddy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there again peeps. Its soon to be my turn on the sat system install after the successful install (With lots of help from you guys) of my mates motorised setup. Now this all leads me to my next question. The cable that is used to go from the dish to the receiver - on the complete systems from egay ect you get a standard 20m of cable supplied. Looking atr my house and where my box will be going I am thinking I will need quite a bit more than that - prob closer to the 30-35mtr mark. My mate works for VM - and get his hands on some "Free" coax that they use - My question is - Is the VM coax suitable for a motorised sat dish install - Is it of a good enough quality ect ?

it should be fine m8 but get the black cable thats used outside as the white stuff is a bit thinner and really needs crimp-on f-connectors not the screw on types that are supplied with kits., although if you just contact your kit supplier and ask him for a extra 15 meters he should do it for a extra fiver.

and add a signal booster for good measure (inline amp) about 3 quid

Hi bod,wheres the best place to fit the booster,behind the receiver or the lnb?

IF youre fitting an inline amp (which if not really needed can cause more problems than it solves) fit it close to the dish, otherwise itll also amplify any interference picked up by the cable, increasing the noise in the signal

IF youre fitting an inline amp (which if not really needed can cause more problems than it solves) fit it close to the dish, otherwise itll also amplify any interference picked up by the cable, increasing the noise in the signal

Hmm think i'll give it a miss then.

I know some1 who worked for sly and kelly group/ntl , and they told me cable used better coax than sly, Not the white stuff the use inside tho.

Im still learning about sat systems and my question is,do sly boxies amplifie the signal form the lnb,??And if so whould a 3rd party box work the same.?

a stb amplifies the rf signal but it doesnt amplifie the sat signal

I pinched a 100meter RG6 black cable reel from work lol

Seems thats the stuff most sat places are sellin so I stole the right kit at least

Ive used up almost half of it alone today and Ive decided to finish off my 1st cowboy install till tommorow since its dark/raining at 5pm :(

Hi there again peeps. Its soon to be my turn on the sat system install after the successful install (With lots of help from you guys) of my mates motorised setup. Now this all leads me to my next question. The cable that is used to go from the dish to the receiver - on the complete systems from egay ect you get a standard 20m of cable supplied. Looking atr my house and where my box will be going I am thinking I will need quite a bit more than that - prob closer to the 30-35mtr mark. My mate works for VM - and get his hands on some "Free" coax that they use - My question is - Is the VM coax suitable for a motorised sat dish install - Is it of a good enough quality ect ?

you will get 100m roll from pearsons at the barras m8 £20

Back