breaking news: £80m for ronaldo from Madrid

logic_187

Inactive User
Reaction score
Taken from BBC website:
Man Utd accept £80m Ronaldo bid
Manchester United have accepted an offer of £80m from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

"United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player," said a statement from the English club.

It added that the decision followed "Cristiano's request - who has again expressed his desire to leave".

United described the offer for the 24-year-old as unconditional and added that they expected the matter to be concluded by 30 June.

More to follow.

Well well i didnt see that comming........first of all has the club gone mad £80m for a player WTF!!!! Its all gone a bit silly if this is true.

How do all the Manu fans feel about this and his desire to play for Real Madrid. Personally i believe no player is bigger than the club. BUT undeniably he has been crucial to your success

Last edited:
yea i didnt expect to wake up to that news..
its quite sad as the bid is accepted and so i think most of us Man Utd fans can finally admit that he is leaving..

they say it should be done before 30th June.. if he does leave i just hope its done b4 that so we have more time to rebuild our team..
Ronaldo is a major part of the squad and one that WILL need replacing..
the question is who is available to fill his boots?

I think ManU got an unbelievably good deal, a player can be replaced and with that much money you can get a really good player and still balance the books.

im hoping for ribery and benzema to come in.... newcastle @ £100m, ronaldo @ £80m lmao...

oh well theres goes 35 goals a season and countless assists

berbatov is a waste of space and u need shot of him

i heard your going for ashley young

oh well theres goes 35 goals a season and countless assists

berbatov is a waste of space and u need shot of him

i heard your going for ashley young

fans are gonna be disappointed if a world class player like ron isnt replaced with a another world class player... Young is good but certainly not world class.. Neither is valencia...

I was well surprised and it is again disappointing that Ronaldo has once again turned on his word and wants to leave Man United.
I didnt want him to go, but the way he was acting near end of season and what he said after champions league final about ferguson I had bad feeling that there was bigger chance he would be on his way out.

His ability and goal scoring will be missed at Man United no doubt, on a positive is the 80 mill and maybe Wayne Rooney can take up place as main goal scoring spearhead for man united like he has been doing for England

As for some sort of replacement only player at moment who can be persuaded away from their club is Franck Ribery

I was well surprised and it is again disappointing that Ronaldo has once again turned on his word and wants to leave Man United.
I didnt want him to go, but the way he was acting near end of season and what he said after champions league final about ferguson I had bad feeling that there was bigger chance he would be on his way out.

His ability and goal scoring will be missed at Man United no doubt, on a positive is the 80 mill and maybe Wayne Rooney can take up place as main goal scoring spearhead for man united like he has been doing for England

As for some sort of replacement only player at moment who can be persuaded away from their club is Franck Ribery

rooney's only been scoring against the likes of andorra and kazaksthan so i dont think we should get too carried away, no way will he ever be as good as ronaldo or score as many goals as him... Im gutted to see ron leave, he's a genius. We need big signings and ribery definitely falls into that category. Benzema and maybe david silva??

goodbye ronaldo and good luck,yes he will be missed but i am sure SAF has a few tricks up his sleeves

Of course no one can replace Ronaldo, but i think with Ronaldo gone it will be up to Rooney to pick up some of the slack and I believe is more than capable to score at least 20 goals a season (alongside his countless assists).
Hopefully Berbatov will be fully settled and play his better football, and bring in couple quality players (like Ribery and Benzema) and your looking at another side with great goal scoring potential.

fans are gonna be disappointed if a world class player like ron isnt replaced with a another world class player... Young is good but certainly not world class.. Neither is valencia...

i agree valencia is crap leave him at wigan lol, i cant believe anyone is surprised about this though even when he said he wants to stay at utd hes been lying out his teeth its been obvious as soon as he mentioned madrid last year it was only a matter of time.

you can spend £30m on a player and that should get you a good player and still have money left over to cover some of your debt. unless ofcourse all clubs are now pushing for over inflated prices!

Gutted what a player to lose but he was always off we knew that just sooner rather than later, his football will be missed in the prem 80 million suids tho thats just sick we need buy a couple of massive players now.

Last edited:
Good ridance!

He's a great player but a shit person, certainly not a team player its all about me me me with him

We've had his best days out of him so it would be stupid to turn down £80m

Messi and torres to replace him;)

Last edited:
you can spend £30m on a player and that should get you a good player and still have money left over to cover some of your debt. unless ofcourse all clubs are now pushing for over inflated prices!

the way transfer fees are gonig £30 m wont get you a championship player if you know what i mean all i can say its bad day for the sport

Good ridance!

He's a great player but a shit person, certainly not a team player its all about me me me with him

good sale for utd but you must be dreaming Messi will cost double of what ronaldo worth so no chance of geting him you might get tevez and valencia

Good ridance!

in ur dreams
put £20m and u may get messi

as for torres why would he want to step down????

wonder what Blatter and Platini will say about this... nothing I expect as its not a british club spending the money and 'ruining' football...

looking at previous record buys most have been done by Real M.

Back