Brand New Sunray Solo2 - Advice needed regarding flashing images etc

Unrar then Ftp this over to ect then reboot your box and you will get your plugin feeds back

Mick

Attachments

• opkg.rar
    1.5 KB · Views: 17
as long as i see there is no support site to download any new latest build image for this sunray solo2 clone, all image as i read here should be old & no new image allowed to be downloaded for this clone, also i cannot see any new update tool to support new images for this box , so this box has a limited end time & that was fast coz it reached end of support since it was intredouced in the market to make some money , better to go for Lonrisun boxes for more support

Vix Apollo 024 original image installed and working OK. From feedback on "not being able to brick the device" I've so far attempted 3 times to do so with newer images USB recovers back to a good known build (Apollo 024 in my case). The CPU fan is a bit of a joke, but the device isn't getting any hotter than my Duo. Info says 50c but clearly isn't that hot to touch. Still likely I'll be modding the fan(s) ie add another.

Think I'll get myself one to play with :)

If I (or anyone else finds an upgrade path / tools) for this box, please share! For now, Vix Apollo 024 is more than adequate for most needs.

as long as i see there is no support site to download any new latest build image for this sunray solo2 clone, all image as i read here should be old & no new image allowed to be downloaded for this clone, also i cannot see any new update tool to support new images for this box , so this box has a limited end time & that was fast coz it reached end of support since it was intredouced in the market to make some money , better to go for Lonrisun boxes for more support
The thing is that Sunray are same team as Sim2. Sim2 team provide assistance with DreamMultimedia boxes. Therefore I like to think the reason why it seems there is no support for Sunray on VU is that this box was never impacted by clone bomb unlike Lorison which had constant flash updates. In fact up until recent the kernel/driver updates this box worked fine without any worry on all images so Sunray/Sim2 never had to do anything.

If I could register with dreamoem (still having issues) I would start a thread about whether there will be an update for the flash now to accept newer kernel/drivers.

Last edited:
did u try to flash latest bh with new kernal or any latest new images with new kernal & did it brick the box? or box doesnt boot?

the telnet command to the drivers folder / driver files doesnt work, when new drivers came out / kernel change still bricked box

Thinking about this, if you chmod-ded the driver files in the extra folder via telnet (i.e. chmod 0444 /lib/modules/3.x.x/extra/*.ko), would that not prevent any updates from overwriting these driver files?

did u try to flash latest bh with new kernal or any latest new images with new kernal & did it brick the box? or box doesnt boot?
The box refuses to fully boot when using original image with new kernel & drivers if you have it connected to the internet. If I unplug ethernet then it boots fine. The date is wrong obviously at this point which is why I think maybe the box doesn't like the new kernel so doesn't allow box to boot fully if ethernet connected in case date is updated which could potentially mean bricked box.

Box boots fine first time with image prior to new kernel/drivers.

Hello, I hope you can help me? I have a Sunray Vu Solo2 new version with USB service. After an update and reboot anschlißenden the Blue power LED lights up only the front, the display shows nothing. If I will but connect the USB to the PC service a device detected "Sunray bootloader V.1"

Does anyone have the right software or knows a source?

No one yet has yet, to the best of my knowledge, managed to clone bomb this box.

What image and version are you using?

What exactly did you do after the flash update?

Newer images which have newest Kernels do not work on these boxes.

Can you see if you can do a fresh/virgin flash with this image. It's Vix 024 and I know myself it works on sunray solo2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the BlackHole 2.1.1 flash. It was all perfectly normal to me to be reset of the box. From then on, ran out. I have got to flash drive tried, but this is so not read. Just sign of life is about minis usb duty. But I have no driver or software.

That version has the newest kernel/drivers included.

Can you try that link I provided (for Vix 024) to see if it works (and boots) fine. Just a test, you don't need to continue to use it.

If Vix 024 works fine then you will need to look at older Blackhole image before the kernel/driver change.

Ensure you flash via usb during bootup.

So is the consensus that Vix 024 is the best image to run on the Sunray?

So is the consensus that Vix 024 is the best image to run on the Sunray?
Yes, as it's the latest version available that didn't include the new Kernel/drivers that don't work fully on Sunray.

Yes, as it's the latest version available that didn't include the new Kernel/drivers that don't work fully on Sunray.

What's the difference between "Vix" and "OpenVix" - I'm new to this.

There is none. They're both the same just OpenVix abbreviated to Vix.

Ignore that, re read thread.. oops

Last edited:
Can someone point me to the download for Apollo 24 please , Ive got a sunray solo2 and ive been using Helios 17 and would like to get onto Apollo like my ibox cloud 3

Regards

Can someone point me to the download for Apollo 24 please , Ive got a sunray solo2 and ive been using Helios 17 and would like to get onto Apollo like my ibox cloud 3
For Apollo 24, see here.

This is an original image with original drivers as dated for v24. It will work with a Sunray Solo2 clone v2 as I have one and it's working fine. I've never had a Sunray Solo2 clone v1 (nor have I ever seen them) so can't guarantee it will work for v1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone confirm this is a sunray unit? Dead, except the power led on and ethernet lights active. Not mine, but as far as know, image updated then dead.

tia

2cq0ksp.jpg

f1ys6b.jpg

Back