Brand New Sunray Solo2 - Advice needed regarding flashing images etc

Hard to tell from such small images. The sunray solo2 v2 clones have a sticker on the top of the box not far from front power button that reads something about getting new software from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to tell from such small images. The sunray solo2 v2 clones have a sticker on the top of the box not far from front power button that reads something about getting new software from

there's a couple of sunray stickers on the main board, had used the add attachment option but the photos came out huge.

Also the fans dead on power up, waiting to hear about any version stickers on the casing.

I think I can make out a usb service port on the back there. I think it is Sunray as Sunray is the only clone that has usb service port (I could be wrong though).

What image and version did they just flash?
Where did they get image from?
Was it a case of they flashed image and on next boot it showed no sign of life or was it a little while before it showed no sign of life?

Last edited:
The info I have is that Vix build 42 was tried, from WOS, didn't go by 99%, so build 32 flashed fine, but blank screen, no fan etc on reboot.

He then installed build 29 from the vu-hd site on the advice of his supplier, flashed fine the a hard drive was installed then the problems happened on reboot.

Now after reading info on here, build 24 was attempted, but won't read the flash drive.

I'm now beginning to wonder if the HD is causing an issue.

There is usb service port on the back.

there's a couple of sunray stickers on the main board, had used the add attachment option but the photos came out huge.

Also the fans dead on power up, waiting to hear about any version stickers on the casing.

i think it is sunray, but pictures too small to be sure

I read vu-hd images don't work on sunray as it's designed for other clones.

The last official image that works is 24 so I would remove hard drive then flash with 24 and if it works after restarting a few times then introduce hard drive and if it fails then it's likely hard drive to blame.

This is for sunray solo2 clone v2. Other clones may result in a bricked box without clone safe images.

I read vu-hd images don't work on sunray as it's designed for other clones.

The last official image that works is 24 so I would remove hard drive then flash with 24 and if it works after restarting a few times then introduce hard drive and if it fails then it's likely hard drive to blame.

This is for sunray solo2 clone v2. Other clones may result in a bricked box without clone safe images.

Yeh, hes removed the HD once i started talking to him, problem now seems to be it wont reflash, which would indicate its bricked, the last working image on the box was build29, which by all accounts shouldnt be bricking the box?, it just wont work.

Unless the issue is the image is from the vu-hd has bricked it?

Its the build24 from this thread he cant get flashed.

Any original image after 24 would just refuse to fully boot which is what u previously said. It could be the other clone safe one that was tried. can u not get 24 from the archive section of WOS ?

Are they getting any message once they turn on from a power down with the usb stick in? Like the one along the lines of press power button to flash message or is there no action from it all?

Last edited:
Was the patched build29 from the vu-hd site, worked then went black after the hard drive was installed.

Hes trying build24 from this thread which works, problem is that the box won't read the usb drive.

Im bit confused. He has managed to flash 24 and is working again but it's not reading usb. Is that same usb he just flashed from or a usb hard drive

Im bit confused. He has managed to flash 24 and is working again but it's not reading usb. Is that same usb he just flashed from or a usb hard drive

No, as far as I can gather, he flashed 29, that went fine, he added the hard drive, rebooted the box, then thats when the box failed.

I've suggested 24, the version from here, but the box is not reading the usb, no output, no front display nor fan activity.

What I've found is that with regards to Vix, anything 25 or higher either resulted in locking up on booting or it booted to a blank screen.

To get passed this, you had to remove ethernet cable (ie so not connected to internet) and remove satellite feed and it would boot up fine with 25 or higher however I believe this to be an anti-clone measure to prevent date from being changed (which is done via internet and/or satellite feed).

Therefore, ask him to turn box off at power switch on back, remove ethernet (or turn off wireless if connected via wireless) and remove satellite feed and turn back on and see if that shows any sign of life.

If still no sign of life then it sounds like the flash has gone on it; most likely from the 29 clone safe that was designed for other clone models.

Can he not approach supplier and say it went after flashing with a different clone safe image than what the box was meant for as did you say he was advised to try clone safe from vu-hd site?

Yeh, all thats been tried, looks like the flash is done.

Hes gonna have to a replacement flash id imagine.

I've today managed to flash latest Vix image 74 and using a patched driver courtesy off ramiMAHER from sim2/sunray team.

It boots fine and date/time has been synced. I will continue to check this out (feeds are down at moment) and if successful shall post a backup of this image for other Sunray Solo2 (v2) owners like myself.

@ketmp, this sounds good! Could you please explain how did you manage to do this?

@ketmp, this sounds good! Could you please explain how did you manage to do this?
I used original Vix 73 (not 74 my bad) and replaced the driver that came with it with the patched driver courtesy of sim2/Sunray team.

I used original Vix 73 (not 74 my bad) and replaced the driver that came with it with the patched driver courtesy of sim2/Sunray team.
Do you have ipk with patched drivers or you did replacement manually?

Do you have ipk with patched drivers or you did replacement manually?
Replaced manually. I will do a bit more testing to see if I notice anything and then upload for others to use.

I have just added to the download section here Vix Apollo 073 for Sunray Solo2 clones.

Back