Bombs 'probably work of Britons'

Status
Not open for further replies.
ivrm said:
@hamba

just remember who is doing these killings in IRAQ, don't blame everything on the British/American involvement. fanatics are killing their own people.

Would you rather have Sadam Hussain back incharge there?

I did not support the intervention in IRAQ I think it was miss guided.

but that is not an excuse for anyone missguided groupe hiding behind religion to attack inocent people of any religion . :FLAG:

I am proud to be ENLGISH as others are proud to be of other nations.
But if I choose to go and live in another country I live by the standards and respect there religious beliefs.

I do not try to attack the country that is then protecting and providing for me.

This is a democracy, no one forces anyone to live here If they donot like how life is run here, then vote the Government out of office or leave for a country that you do support,

but do not resort to violence and attack inocent people giong about ther normal life.

Most Muslims in this country do just that! The problem with linking the terrorism specifically to Islam is that the tar brush is spread too wide.

Have a look at the website I quoted. One thing to note is that before the invasion the main causes of death were as they would be in most countries - heart disease etc.

hamba said:
Most Muslims in this country do just that! The problem with linking the terrorism specifically to Islam is that the tar brush is spread too wide.

Not really Islam is going through an internal conflict with two sides fighting each other and both think they are the right one's. Problem is the evil side want the whole bloody world melded like Iran. They also see all non believers as infidels. Muslims who constantly go on about what the west is doing though play right into there hands and plenty of people see this too

Sao Paulo said:
Lots of people keep going on about Iraq wonder why though so anyway I'll repeat too. These attacks started long before Iraq and Afghanistan. They started before even 911 and Saddam killed hundreds of thousands of his own people. Most killings in Iraq now are the idiots following this dam religion too. Why why do so many Muslims keep bringing this up but forget to mention the true facts

This remark is insulting to Muslims. These terrorists are not following Islam: they are using it to justify what they do. If I was so inclined I could pick bits out of the Bible to justify killing others.

It's easy to talk about true facts - we could argue forever about facts: you select yours and I select mine. There are so many facts but we are all selective in which ones we chose to give credence to.

The point I was trying to make about the deaths in Iraq was that here are thousands of human beings dying.

I am continually impressed by the goodness of most of the people I meet and often brought to tears by various stories of the bravery of people who put their own lives at risk in order to save others - all over the world.

A great part of what makes us human is our ability to feel for others - when we start to regard some people as somehow less important or even less human than others then we make ourselves less human.

It was the ability to see Africans as not quite human that made the slave trade possible.

How in the hell can it be insulting to Muslims when clerics and imams are peaching it. Go on tell them they are not Muslim

Sao Paulo said:
How in the hell can it be insulting to Muslims when clerics and imams are peaching it. Go on tell them they are not Muslim

Of course it's insulting - " this dam religion " you said: that won't insult Muslims???!!!!

The Muslim Council Of Great Britain condemned the London bombings.

How about saying, " some clerics and imams are peaching it."

hamba said:
Of course it's insulting - " this dam religion " you said: that won't insult Muslims???!!!!

The Muslim Council Of Great Britain condemned the London bombings.

How about saying, " some clerics and imams are peaching it."
Some that we know about are preaching it hows that ;)

Sao Paulo said:
Some that we know about are preaching it hows that ;)

Some moderation at last! Although I do sense a reluctance there :O)

i had this email come through this morning from a friend thought it mite be of everyones intrest to read so i have copied and pasted it please read let me know what u think.

A Letter to the British People from a daughter of Iraq

Iman al-Saadun
Friday, 8 July 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sending this letter to the British people and in particular to the
residents of London. For a period of hours, you have lived through
moments of desperate anxiety and horror. In those hours you lost a
member of your family or a friend, and we wish to tell you in total
honesty that we too grieve when human lives pass away. I cannot tell
you how much we hurt when we see desperation and pain on the face of
another person. For we have lived through this situation – and
continue to live through it every day – since your country and the
United States formed an alliance and laid plans to attack Iraq.

The Prime Minister of your country, Tony Blair, said that those who
carried out the explosions did so in the name of Islam. The Secretary
of State of the United States, Condaleezza Rice, described the
bombings as an act of barbarism. The United Nations Security Council
met and unanimously condemned the event.

I would like to ask you, the free British people, to allow me to
inquire: in whose name was our country blockaded for 12 years? In
whose name were our cities bombed using internationally prohibited
weapons? In whose name did the British army kill Iraqis and torture
them? Was that in your name? Or in the name of religion? Or humanity?
Or freedom? Or democracy?

What do you call the killing of more than two million children? What
do you call the pollution of the soil and the water with depleted
uranium and other lethal substances?

What do you call what happened in the prisons in Iraq – in Abu Ghraib,
Camp Bucca and the many other prison camps? What do you call the
torture of men, women, and children? What do you call tying bombs to
the bodies of prisoners and blowing them apart? What do you call the
refinement of methods of torture for use on Iraqi prisoners – such as
pulling off limbs, gouging out eyes, putting out cigarettes on their
skin, and using cigarette lighters to set fire to the hair on their
heads? Does the word "barbaric" adequately describe the behavior of
your troops in Iraq?

May we ask why the Security Council did not condemn the massacre in
al-Amiriyah and what happened in al-Fallujah, Tal`afar, Sadr City, and
an-Najaf? Why does the world watch as our people are killed and
tortured and not condemn the crimes being committed against us? Are
you human beings and we something less? Do you think that only you can
feel pain and we can't? In fact it is we who are most aware of how
intense is the pain of the mother who has lost her child, or the
father who has lost his family. We know very well how painful it is to
lose those you love.

You don't know our martyrs, but we know them. You don't remember them,
but we remember them. You don't cry over them, but we cry over them.

Have you heard the name of the little girl Hannan Salih Matrud? Or of
the boy Ahmad Jabir Karim? Or Sa`id Shabram?

Yes, our dead have names too. They have faces and stories and
memories. There was a time when they were among us, laughing and
playing. They had dreams, just as you have. They had a tomorrow
awaiting them. But today they sleep among us with no tomorrow on which
to wake.

We don't hate the British people or the peoples of the world. This war
was imposed upon us, but we are now fighting it in defense of our
selves. Because we want to live in our homeland – the free land of
Iraq – and to live as we want to live, not as your government or the
American government wish.

Let the families of those killed know that responsibility for the
Thursday morning London bombings lies with Tony Blair and his policies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop your war against our people!

Stop the daily killing that your troops commit!

End your occupation of our homeland!

@Bilals

Powerful stuff. It is important to hear other voices.

Shame you dont post something from an iraqi who's glad to be free of Saddam. As for,

"in whose name was our country blockaded for 12 years?"

The United Nations done this the same United Nations Saddam made a laughing stock off.

And now

Bomb officers carry out explosion

A controlled explosion has been carried out by army bomb disposal experts at a house in Leeds as part of the hunt for the London bombers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4674463.stm

@Sao Paulo

Surely even you can see that too many people have been killed by western bombs in order to free them from Saddam!

Come on Sao Paulo life is not that simple.

yes lots more by Saddam and his cronies too but like I have already said I find it amazing that some British Muslims go on about Iraq striaght after the explosions in London.

What would the excuse have been if iraq never happened because as you should know attacks were happening before that ?

Sao Paulo said:
yes lots more by Saddam and his cronies too but like I have already said I find it amazing that some British Muslims go on about Iraq striaght after the explosions in London.

Come on! How can you be suprised - over twenty thousand dead in the past couple of years! Of course that doesn't justify the London bombings but as I said before: people are people. Is the life of an Iraqi, an African or any of the others who die because of wars and famine(and their causes) worth less than the life of a Londoner?

hamba said:
Come on! How can you be suprised - over twenty thousand dead in the past couple of years! Of course that doesn't justify the London bombings but as I said before: people are people. Is the life of an Iraqi, an African or any of the others who die because of wars and famine(and their causes) worth less than the life of a Londoner?

I'm not saying US and British force's haven't killed innocent people in liberating Iraq but after NO. You have Muslim fanatics to thank for that. If you wont to talk about the terrorist excuse's I really think another thread would be appropriate oh and perhaps you should ask what the Iraqi's think

[DLMURL]http://armiesofliberation.com/archives/2004/04/10/liberated-iraqis/[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sao Paulo

If you want to win a battle then first identify your enemy. If you go around picking fights with everyone who has something in common with your enemy, ie., same religion; same shoes; same colour eyes; same taste in music, then you will have too many enemies and will never win.

The only way to defeat this terror is to not let them achieve what they want to achieve - one of those things is to convince moderate muslims to join them.

I as a British christian find your views immoderate - how would a muslim feel? As I said before, the problem is not Islam, but fanatics and bigots who use the Quran to justify what they do.

The vast majority of muslims in this country and around the world would not want to believe that they have anything in common with these evil, murdering fanatics.

I agree with you that anyone found trying to incite racist and religious hatred should be stopped from doing so.

The reason I brought up the deaths in Iraq was in response to a particular post. I think we should all be appalled at any unneccessary death - no matter who causes it.

Sao Paulo said:
Wise word's hamba but you should also know the enemy within

Of course you should! But be careful where you point your finger.

hamba said:

Have a look at the website I quoted. One thing to note is that before the invasion the main causes of death were as they would be in most countries - heart disease etc.

I think you see the world though convenient glasses.

I seem to remember others bleating on about the attrocities Sadam and co had reaped on the population of Iraq.

I donot agree with or support and have never supported the intervention in Iraq.

I did not vote for Labour but I do abide by the democtratic decision of the polulation to re elect them to power.

I do not turn to terrorism to remove them from power. b
because you do not agree with the government does not justify terrorist attacks againts civilians

It is time this thread was closed.

I remember watching a documentary a few months back which was about Muslims and made by a Muslim Man. It shown how they got most of there Imams and Clerics from abroad but why. Muslims have been here for 40yrs. I know there are Muslims who love this country and would die for it but why do we put up with these idiots. Doesn't the Muslims population see what could happen if this carries on.

I listened to Talk Sport last night and a Muslim taxi cab driver came on and he was put down for his views. He thought they should be all deported for being anti british. Send them to Iran this is the kind of country that they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back