Bodged iphone 4 repair - seeking advice

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening All,

I had an iphone 4 which had a drained battery, misty rear camera and temperamental home button.

Bought the parts online to replace and fix these items, all went well until it came to the home button!

Whilst attempting to fix this, I managed to rip off the socket which the home buttons ribbon slots in to :(
There is not way of fixing this unless you have some superb precision soldering skills, even then I reckon it would be a challenge!!

After kicking myself a few times, I decided to put the phone back together, whilst doing so I managed to rip off one of the ribbons attached to the digitiser which connects to the main board - now I am royally p*ssed off with myself.

Now I am assuming that I need to get me another LCD digitiser assembly and a lower charging dock assembly in order to get the phone working again?

Anyone got any advice for me apart from don't try and fix it yourself again??

Anyone here got any experience with repairing these devices or recommend anyone that may be able to sort my phone out for me at a reasonable price within the London area?

l have done a bit the last phone was the 4s and that was very hard.its not too hard the hardest part about iphone 4 is when you are about to put new screen on.there is 2 ribbons and a small hole just makesure they are pulled tight through the hole.i had a video from tube on when i was doing mine.i would do a bit then pause video then do another bit and pause again.its not to hard if your patient and take your time.i have a pair of glasses i bought from pound shop which i wear when doing small jobs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

If you can get the parts, give me a shout mate. i've done many of these and other phones with even smaller parts.
what part of london are you?
dont worry about cost or anything i wont charge you.

l have done a bit the last phone was the 4s and that was very hard.its not too hard the hardest part about iphone 4 is when you are about to put new screen on.there is 2 ribbons and a small hole just makesure they are pulled tight through the hole.i had a video from tube on when i was doing mine.i would do a bit then pause video then do another bit and pause again.its not to hard if your patient and take your time.i have a pair of glasses i bought from pound shop which i wear when doing small jobs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I did the same but I guess I lost patience after removing all those screws and getting to the home button stage, putting the phone back together was annoying too, I won't be trying that again anytime soon, thanks for the reply!

If you can get the parts, give me a shout mate. i've done many of these and other phones with even smaller parts.
what part of london are you?
dont worry about cost or anything i wont charge you.

Thanks for the offer, will PM you shortly.

Back