iphone 6s stuck apple logo

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a few phones lying about all in decent nick and I thought it's time to sell time and make a few bob.
So I roots out this old iphone 6s in immaculate condition and tried turning in on but its dead. So got a known working charger lead/ plug and tried charging it for an hour but nothing it just sits there cycling on off the Apple logo.

I tried home button power button all that to try get it into recovery mode but its not having any of it. I can't sell it as it is as I'm not sure if its apple ID locked or anything. Is there anything I can do before I smash it into oblivion ?

Thanks, I've tried all the button pressing jobs but no joy but I've not tried any software yet. has anyone got any like the Tenorshare ReiBoot ? I'll take it that the one in the link isn't free

I got a few phones lying about all in decent nick and I thought it's time to sell time and make a few bob.
So I roots out this old iphone 6s in immaculate condition and tried turning in on but its dead. So got a known working charger lead/ plug and tried charging it for an hour but nothing it just sits there cycling on off the Apple logo.

I tried home button power button all that to try get it into recovery mode but its not having any of it. I can't sell it as it is as I'm not sure if its apple ID locked or anything. Is there anything I can do before I smash it into oblivion ?
You need to get it into DFU mode. Then you can recover the thing, they can be a pain to get into DFU mode sometimes. There should be some 3rd party software that will auto DFU mode for you, but im not sure what it's called anymore, as the 6 is quite sometime ago, and software changes all the time.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

You might've alredy read all that article though.

Strange thing, all the tutorials mention holding down the home and power / lock button then plug into pc , I did but nothing. So I tried them all in different combo's and low and behold (like Android) holding the home and VOL- in made the phone go into restore mode. I then tried restoring it but I tried straight after I'd updated my itunes I got an error 2009 so I rebooted pc and it seems to be upgrading the IOS ,well hopefully it sorts it

If it has an apple ID you have forgotten it wont let you recover it unless you have the details.

Fell foul of this myself recently with an Apple ID linked to a closed email address.

The problem is, it was originally booting straight to the apple logo then it went into a logo boot loop but only when plugged in via a charger or pc once you took it off charge or off the pc you get absolutely nothing when button pressing.

So eventually I got to go into restore mode now it wont come out of that everytime it's plugged in straight to restore mode, take power out ? dies.

I'm at the stage that when it's connected to iTunes and recognised its saying I must must factory reset it first.
It downloads the IOS for it but says at the end cannot restore, factory reset first.

if I take the charger out or pc at any point it dies, and no combo of button pressing gets it started again it has to have a power supply plugged in or nothing happens.

I'm beginning to think its the battery that's toasted so when the restoring going on and it gets to reboot it can't because the batteries dead. It's been in the draw a about 12-18 months so.

I'm gonna take a chance on a new battery and see what it does.

The problem is, it was originally booting straight to the apple logo then it went into a logo boot loop but only when plugged in via a charger or pc once you took it off charge or off the pc you get absolutely nothing when button pressing.

So eventually I got to go into restore mode now it wont come out of that everytime it's plugged in straight to restore mode, take power out ? dies.

I'm at the stage that when it's connected to iTunes and recognised its saying I must must factory reset it first.
It downloads the IOS for it but says at the end cannot restore, factory reset first.

if I take the charger out or pc at any point it dies, and no combo of button pressing gets it started again it has to have a power supply plugged in or nothing happens.

I'm beginning to think its the battery that's toasted so when the restoring going on and it gets to reboot it can't because the batteries dead. It's been in the draw a about 12-18 months so.

I'm gonna take a chance on a new battery and see what it does.
You're in the reset loop, it's a pain in the ass to get out of. There are some tools that allow you to kick it into/out of DFU mode or recovery mode. Also make sure your itunes is upto date, this can sometimes cause problems, and also try another laptop/pc just in case.

Will do,

Will this be why it's not working as soon as any power cables removed ?. If anyone's got any SW that can sort please let me know , thanks

I've 3 all in good nick I was thinking around £40 for the S6 then I've an S8 top nick and a Huawei. There all just sat there so their better off just getting shut.

I always get rid of my old phones as soon as possible as they are depreciating laid about.

Well it's not worth much as it is, if anyone's got any software that might do it ketone know. Going to try it on the laptop tonight.
I hate throwing stuff if it can be repaired.

I tried it on my laptop and when it comes to restore it ping pongs twice then on the 2nd one it fails and gives an error 2009.

After doing a bit of reading on error 2009 and iPhone stuck in restore there's mention of a few different bits of software out there that might sort it but the value of the phone does warrant spending on these software downloads

Back