BNP ordered to accept ethnic minority members or face prosecution

nara

Who?
VIP Member
Reaction score
In a letter from the Equality and Human Rights Commission, Nick Griffin, the BNP leader, was told that he had less than a month to provide written undertakings that the party would abide by race relations legislation.
John Wadham, legal director of the Commission, said that the watchdog was concerned that the BNP's constitution and membership criteria could be in breach of the law.

Party membership was said by the Commission to be restricted to those with white skin and a small number of other ethnic groups.
In a statement, the watchdog added: "This exclusion is contrary to the Race Relations Act which the party is legally obliged to comply with. The Commission therefore thinks that the BNP may have acted, and be acting, illegally."
There were further concerns over the requirement on new staff to be party members, and fears that elected BNP representatives would be unwilling to provide help and support to non-white constituents.
If the BNP does not provide written undertakings by July 20 that it will make the changes required by the Commission voluntarily, then the watchdog said that it would apply for a legal injunction which would compel them to comply.
Any breach of a court order would be a criminal offence and leave the party's leaders open to prosecution.
Mr Wadham said that the Commission had a legal duty to ensure that political parties were not breaking the law by discriminating against ethnic minorities.
He added: "The legal advice we have received indicates that the British National Party's constitution and membership criteria, employment practices and provision of services to constituents and the public may breach discrimination laws which all political parties are legally obliged to uphold.
"Litigation or enforcement action can be avoided by the BNP giving a satisfactory response to our letter."
The BNP has been ordered to provide a written undertaking that it will not breach race relations laws in its "employment, recruitment, procedures and practices".
On the BNP's website, applicants for party jobs are asked to supply a membership number. The Commission said that this amounted to a potential breach of laws which ban parties from refusing employment on the basis of non-membership of an organisation.
Earlier this month, two BNP members, including Mr Griffin, were elected to the European Parliament, the highest office enjoyed by party representatives to date.
The Commission said that it was concerned that they and the party's local councillors did not intend to provide their services on an equal basis to all constituents irrespective of race or colour.
A spokesman for the BNP said that the party would not be commenting.

Source:BNP ordered to accept ethnic minority members or face prosecution - Telegraph

You make a good point emarald, re name any of those Associations with the prefix "White" and it would be branded Racist, how come they are not seen as Racist when by their very name they exclude White people ?

You only have to visit some british towns or citys and whites are the minority nowadays.

I was under the impression back in 2004 they already had a black member?

I might have misheard and policies may have changed over the years.

The world today is well and truly fecked up. Kids killing, people being tortured, burned alive. And all the governement is bothered about is not offending a creed, race or religion.

This country needs a good shake up and some stricter laws and punishments bringing in. The vicitims always suffer more than the offenders, a life for a life.

The reason for a lot of these groups that Emarald has pointed out,are for guidance and help as ethnic minorities are just that, a minority group of people.
If you are a British white person joining the police its quite easy to integrate and advance as you are in a majority group.
How can you expect to tackle ethnic crime with a force that is mostly white British people who do not understand a minority culture.
Therefore its essential that as much guidance is given as possible to the minority to help them progress and help us all co exist.

This does not apply to the BNP in my opinion as they are a bunch of boneheaded, racist, thugs who will never progress in any society.
So the only good thing is they will not be able to comply with the Commissions rules and will get booted out.
Which is fine by me...

many times in the local paper and job centre ive seen jobs required at the local council that state Ethnics only, what would happen if they wanted it the other way ?.

I'm not being funny but why should we change our laws and rules to accommodate other races, that would not do the same for us?

Great Britain has been open for too long, close the gates now and stop all this politcally correct nonsense.

Freedom of speech is a universal right, not just for minorities.

I prefer suffix, it reminds me of old televisions - Black and White Police Association

Excluding whites from an organisation does not make it racist, the very reason some of these types of organisations were formed were to combat institutionalised racism.

How can you expect to tackle ethnic crime with a force that is mostly white British people who do not understand a minority culture.
Therefore its essential that as much guidance is given as possible to the minority to help them progress and help us all co exist.

i'm working with a Polish guy at the moment who's been in the country 3yrs and can speak almost perfect English, Some "ethnics" have been here a damn site lot longer and can't speak a word of it because they live in towns surrounded by their own type with NO intention of mixing.

i'm working with a Polish guy at the moment who's been in the country 3yrs and can speak almost perfect English, Some "ethnics" have been here a damn site lot longer and can't speak a word of it because they live in towns surrounded by their own type with NO intention of mixing.

I think that is a different point you are arguing mate!!
I was only pointing out why these groups are essential in forces and such, where they need to speak English and integrate with the general public.

Are there people who have no intention of integrating??
The answer would be a yes i think.
But thats down to our politicians, not someone trying to make a few quid.

For what its worth, i have many mates from different country's who have lived here a long time and work hard and integrate just fine..

Black and Asian Police Association . WHITE and EUROPEAN Police Association ?????

Black & Asian Police Association

Black and Asian Studies Association. WHITE and EUROPEAN Studies Association ?????

http://www.blackandasianstudies.org.uk/

National Black Police Association . National WHITE Police Association ????
National Black Police Association UK - NBPA - Home

If it's as bad as they say why would they want to be members.

l want one !! fat white mechanic association www.fatwhitemechanics.com

Excluding whites from an organisation does not make it racist, the very reason some of these types of organisations were formed were to combat institutionalised racism.
so in my thinking about this post is race is only about black???
and to have a black orginisation what doesnt allow whites isnt racist

as for assocations
why not police association

you join the police to be a policeman/woman
not to be a black policeman/woman
or to be a white policeman/woman

i have only seen that being racist is being against the blacks
in my eyes you can be racist againt anybody of any colour or creed

as for assocations

Good point and well made.
You should be a politician.lol.

as for assocations

It has already been proved that the police are a racist organisation. If I were a black copper and felt that I had been discriminated against the last body I expect justice from is the police itself, or they would be the wrong people to fight for your corner should a complaint be made. It is here that professional bodies have been set up to look after your best interests, I don't see anything racist in that. These bodies were set up to react to growing concerns about black people in the police force.

In the case of the BNP, should they be forced into taking on non white members? I personally wouldn't support that. If their organisation is based on some kind of 'white is right idea' and they win public support on that ideology then it would be wrong to force membership by law of a non white into their party.

The whole reason the BNP have been doing well is their strength in unity, something that would be broken if non whites were to join their organisation and thus dilute their agenda.

I'm not being funny but why should we change our laws and rules to accommodate other races, that would not do the same for us?

Great Britain has been open for too long, close the gates now and stop all this politcally correct nonsense.

Freedom of speech is a universal right, not just for minorities.

Someone voted BNP...

Back