Blurr on screen ?

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me for sure (yes or no) if a monitor to pc video cable (standard) could cause any kind of blurr on the screen if it was somehow faulty ?

Ive got a blurr going up the middle section of my screen from top to bottom and about 3 inch wide, I have 2 identical 21inch monitors and both have the same fault, I dont have a spare video cable so I have to use the same cable to try both monitors, thats why iam wondering if it could possibly be the cable ?
The other parts of the screen are crystal clear but as I say, roundabout the middle section things are a little blurry.
Ive tried latest drivers etc, ive even tried another graphics card but still the same result....the only way I get a good result is if I hook up my old scabby 14" monitor that has its own built on video cable, theres no blurr on that one.

So, when it comes down to it, it must be either both the monitors have the same kinda fault or its the cable ???

Could it be the cable, yes or no ?

Appreciate your help, anyone ?

P,s
The fault shows in safe mode too.

cant be showing up on picture then...the picture is a deep pinky red colour and the picture is kinda dark looking like as if the contrast needs turned up but if i look at my desktop icons they look kinda like the way they look if the contrast is up to far.

the other 2 moniters i would say r ok
try a diff video card
i would say that is the problem
the pink moniter is fooked

lol.....you are not going to see monitor problems on a screen dump are you lads......:)

as the dump is made by software on the colour hex codes sent to the graphics card.

the only way we can see what he is seeing is by him taking a picture of his montitor but even then we arenot going to see it properly.....

Davidh, I tried another graphics card with the first 2 monitors mate, that was one of the first things I tried, same result, fecked !!
As for this other one I just got hold of, its in the feckin bin..... :mad:

Iam back to the one now with the bit of blurr on it, ive got the wee 14inch one which works fine but Its as bad trying to look at that tiny screen as it is lookin at this blurr on this one so I'll opt for this one just now till I get another, at least I'll have the little one if I need it.

:Cheers:

i got a second hand moniter from the computer fair

cost me £100
with 12 mths guarntee it is a 21" iiyama vision master 502
it is great
perfect colour clear what more can i say
i could have got a brand new 17"
well they say but it is about 15" lol cheats
plus it would have cost me more than the £100 so i think well know i got a bargain

I recently got a TFT for a machine but noticed when it was just installed that the coulour temperature was wrong. I had a look in the OSD and changed a setting to "User RGB" or something like that.

Looks nice now but do check that as it really makes a difference.

Back