Blurr on screen ?

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me for sure (yes or no) if a monitor to pc video cable (standard) could cause any kind of blurr on the screen if it was somehow faulty ?

Ive got a blurr going up the middle section of my screen from top to bottom and about 3 inch wide, I have 2 identical 21inch monitors and both have the same fault, I dont have a spare video cable so I have to use the same cable to try both monitors, thats why iam wondering if it could possibly be the cable ?
The other parts of the screen are crystal clear but as I say, roundabout the middle section things are a little blurry.
Ive tried latest drivers etc, ive even tried another graphics card but still the same result....the only way I get a good result is if I hook up my old scabby 14" monitor that has its own built on video cable, theres no blurr on that one.

So, when it comes down to it, it must be either both the monitors have the same kinda fault or its the cable ???

Could it be the cable, yes or no ?

Appreciate your help, anyone ?

P,s
The fault shows in safe mode too.

Ye, thats what I thought when I seen it too :)

I took you guy's advice and went for a Iiyama and I thought What the heck, in for a pennie in for a pound, in other words, if yer goanna spend some serious cash on a screen might as well get something half decent, know what I mean ?

:Cheers: :) :Cheers:

Be wearing a mask and point a little something at the clerk :)
Or just go to PC World and do the mask trick there :)

You'll have more luck at the bank m8, all you'll get at Pc World is some twart trying to sell u an upgrade to what ever u stick in front of em, then i won't fit when you get home. You'll have to take it back and they will offer to fit it for you at a cost and in the process render it useless.....He He LOL

Guys, can you tell me what's the exact name/type of digital cable I need to connect this Iiyama monitor that we'r speaking about to my ATi 9800 graphics card, I see some different cables for sale but iam not sure, seen one that says something about a DVI-D 24 PIN DUAL LINK CABLE, is that the one ?

It has to be the one that gives 100% quality ?

:Cheers:

Back