bitcoin worth over $60k

In fairness, and in hindsight, we all wish we had got in and saved them. I've had about 12 btcs in my time. But I spent them all on ummm.....

Yeah anyway. If we're all realistic here, none of us would've still had the coins now, after the meteoric price rise, then we would've sold them way before this $60k price range.

The reason they're going so high so quick, is that institutions are buying them as a bond of value, and they're buying up all the supply they can get, and just storing them. That is naturally increasing the value of them as it goes, and with the supply diminishing because of this, then the demand increases and so does the price. Also btc has gone much more mainstream than it ever was, and lots of people are now aware of this virutal currency, and that it can be used for other things bar drugs! Wow :)

I know @bilabonic has been mining, and done quite well from it all. He can likely say better than I can about the bubble, and the increases he's seen in the market. Im sure he sold lots of his coin to pay his mortgage off too.

Personally, atm I am in the crypto scene. Not heavily, but a few little things. I've been quite lucky in that I was buying monero at around £45 a coin, and they're now worth £160 per coin, and I have 3.5 coins of that, so that's a nice little profit. But i've also been buying little bits of other coins too. XRP, XLM, ADA are my main holdings, although ADA is my highest amount of coins atm, and that seems to be doing ok, with lots of projects coming along, and likely going to be a good long term bet.

You can get free crypto from coinbase for watching some videos and such, you can also get some other free coins from a few links i've posted in another thread, although I think admin took one of them down :/

If anyone wants links to some free coins, then drop me a PM, and i'll happily share some additional information with you guys.

I have a small amount of Ethereum in a tracker fund which is doing very well, I believe you can't buy it anymore in the UK. Also, I bought some Coinsilium after watching a segment about NFTs on BBC Click which I think is bonkers, but there is always money to be made no matter how extraordinary the idea is!

I have a small amount of Ethereum in a tracker fund which is doing very well, I believe you can't buy it anymore in the UK. Also, I bought some Coinsilium after watching a segment about NFTs on BBC Click which I think is bonkers, but there is always money to be made no matter how extraordinary the idea is!

You can still buy etherum in the UK. The gas fees are crazy though, so it's not really worth it imo. Not heard of coinsillium, but DYOR is what I would say to anyone looking to venture into the crypto world.

My Ethereum in is a fund that tracks ETH, IF I put the money into the BTC tracker fund instead it would of been +2345% CoP on Thursday 😳
My investment in Coinsilium is in shares that seems to be only available on H&L platform, nothing via Binance, Coinbase, Kraken, etc.
The above investments are in blockchain technology, as Janobi stated in his post DYOR, please don't invest without reading or understanding what the product is and what it does.
Good luck to anyone buying or not buying Crypto currency/technology.

were do yu guys think bitcoin will stop ?
It wont. Bitcoin is now massively mainstream, and institutions are buying it as a value of asset. So that will only increase, but it will put most people out of the project, bar for tiny bits of coin here and there. Blockchain is the future, which coin will be using going forward, who knows.

But I would suggest it won't be bitcoin, I would think it would be something like ADA/XLM, but I don't see that happening for another 10+ years.

Tbh i‘m a fan of bitcoin but i dont see it as a real currency. Think of the guy wo bought a pizza years ago...
The limited number is to problematic. Like someone said as a asset its pretty impressive.

maybe the other cryptos have the potential to be used as a currency.

i also follow a few coins but binance (bnb) has done well for me so far. i just hold my mate seems to trade all day long and doesn't make much. he has no patience

@janobi are you staking your ada

@janobi If I buy some ada or xlm is best to store it in a hardware wallet and would you suggest in staking any of it.

i would always stake a coin if it has option as it is free money. storage depends are you holding for a long time or not. also do you own a hardware wallet. if keeping short term depending on withdrawal fee might be worth just leaving on a exchange

i would always stake a coin if it has option as it is free money. storage depends are you holding for a long time or not. also do you own a hardware wallet. if keeping short term depending on withdrawal fee might be worth just leaving on a exchange
I was looking at long term and was thinking of storing it on a Ledger nano S...

best for staking reward is algorand as its 6% i am getting a coin every 5 days with 1230 coins

best for staking reward is algorand as its 6% i am getting a coin every 5 days with 1230 coins

@avid - Yes I am staking my ADA. I am currently using a Guarda wallet, as it has lots of coins in one wallet. I currently have 422 ADA, recently increased my stake. I am now able to vote going forward, I am not sure on the staking side of things, I am part of the ever green pot, and i've made 1.5 coins since the last epoch.

With regards to staking, it's 100% worth it, as it's free money basically. Other wallets that can be used are deadalus and Yoroi wallets, but there are fake ones so please be careful. There's a couple of good threads on reddit, but DYOR, and don't buy into the pump and dump schemes. Pick a project you like, has potential, invest what you can afford to lose, and sit back. Don't check your portfolio every few seconds, or this will send you cuckcoo.

I check mine once a day at most, I use coingecko, but others are readily available. I looked at a hardware wallet, but I saw one was £180, I didn't check out th eledger nano S though. Never keep a good amount of coin on the exchanges, always move it to a cold storage wallet.

Also check out betfury and publish0x for free crypto, also aridrops.io

Last edited:
Wait i'm sorry? Wasn't one bitcoin like $5000. Jeez, I gotta get this stuff

In fairness, and in hindsight, we all wish we had got in and saved them. I've had about 12 btcs in my time. But I spent them all on ummm.....

Yeah anyway. If we're all realistic here, none of us would've still had the coins now, after the meteoric price rise, then we would've sold them way before this $60k price range.

The reason they're going so high so quick, is that institutions are buying them as a bond of value, and they're buying up all the supply they can get, and just storing them. That is naturally increasing the value of them as it goes, and with the supply diminishing because of this, then the demand increases and so does the price. Also btc has gone much more mainstream than it ever was, and lots of people are now aware of this virutal currency, and that it can be used for other things bar drugs! Wow :)

I know @bilabonic has been mining, and done quite well from it all. He can likely say better than I can about the bubble, and the increases he's seen in the market. Im sure he sold lots of his coin to pay his mortgage off too.

Personally, atm I am in the crypto scene. Not heavily, but a few little things. I've been quite lucky in that I was buying monero at around £45 a coin, and they're now worth £160 per coin, and I have 3.5 coins of that, so that's a nice little profit. But i've also been buying little bits of other coins too. XRP, XLM, ADA are my main holdings, although ADA is my highest amount of coins atm, and that seems to be doing ok, with lots of projects coming along, and likely going to be a good long term bet.

You can get free crypto from coinbase for watching some videos and such, you can also get some other free coins from a few links i've posted in another thread, although I think admin took one of them down :/

If anyone wants links to some free coins, then drop me a PM, and i'll happily share some additional information with you guys.

I've been mining/trading since early 2013, love ADA, detest XRP as it's a centralised bankers coin, SEC are onto them etc.

Paid several mortgages of so far and retired at 42.....lol

I've been mining/trading since early 2013, love ADA, detest XRP as it's a centralised bankers coin, SEC are onto them etc.

Paid several mortgages of so far and retired at 42.....lol

Good work! XRP is going nowhere in fairness, even with the SEC going after them. From what i've read the SEC are losing badly in that case, hence the coin going up to over £1 a coin from around 34p in a few weeks.

Back