" Bigoted Woman " Gillian Duffy How Much ?

stevie1ball

Inactive User
Reaction score
It has been quoted on the TV today that Gillian could be in for a payout of £100,000 from a News Paper and a further £150,000 for a TV Interview.

How much would you want to be called a Bigot by the Prime Minister.

It would have to be at least £500.000 under the circumstances for me which would include a written apology personally wrote and signed by Mr Brown himself. That has to be worth a few bob extra in the future.

Think Gillian would be silly not to publish her story of the apology meeting, unless Mr Brown is going to pay her for her silence!!!!!!!!

I'd accept being called a bigot by him for a fish supper.

Why do we let the media set the agenda and tell us how to think - it's ridiculous.

TBH mate I thnk it is shocking if she sells her story to the Sun or any other rag. The Prime Minister spend 40 minutes with the woman and obviously done his best to sort it out. If she sticks the knife in, I think it will make her look really bad. I don't mind her making a few bob but I would really hope she doesn't speak to any of the Murdoch papers, or if she does then lets hope they don't put words in her mouth.

I'd accept being called a bigot by him for a fish supper.

Why do we let the media set the agenda - it's ridiculous.

It is ridiculous, it’s a non story. He made the comment and it shouldn't have been played in public, it was a preach of privacy as the comment was obviously made while he was off the record.

I couldn't believe that it was the top story everywhere even though the European economy was almost about to nosedive. The media decide everything in this country and people just accept it. Democracy suffers when the real issues are hidden underneath this type of media driven sensationalism.

if he did it to me, I'd be straight on to my lawyers

oh! wait I don't have a lawyer

need to settle out of court.

a bottle of Irn Bru and a macaroon bar it is then.

a case of cold beer and a chinky! mmmm. chicken fried rice washed down with a cold heineken.

he could call me all the bigots under the sun!

cat123how can you say any of what you said ?
he said it with a mike on so why not broadcast it (muppet) Brown not you lol
she sells her story (call it compensation)
any paper thats not owned by Murdoch (go with who offers the most cash girl)

If its off the record then why was it heard by others things said off the record are usually said in private not with a microphone.
The 40 minute apology was his way of putting himself back in the public eye again the man to vote for.

Sorry but this don't make me want to vote for him especially with the smirk he had on his face when the press and media interviewed him as he left.

The bottom line is Gordon Brown has said what an arse-hole he thinks Gillian Duffy is, and has more or less shown that is what he thinks of the ordinary "man on the street".
So if Gillian Duffy can make a few bob out of the situation then good luck to her.
Politicians are supposed to be representing the ordinary people, but they are Career Politicians trying to make as much money as possible and attain as much power as possible and really do not care about those they are representing. We are just an irritation they have to put up with until they have achieved their career goals.

The bottom line is Gordon Brown has said what an arse-hole he thinks Gillian Duffy is, and has more or less shown that is what he thinks of the ordinary "man on the street".
So if Gillian Duffy can make a few bob out of the situation then good luck to her.
Politicians are supposed to be representing the ordinary people, but they are Career Politicians trying to make as much money as possible and attain as much power as possible and really do not care about those they are representing. We are just an irritation they have to put up with until they have achieved their career goals.
so we have a claiovoyant
who knows what ppl think??

it was stated on the bbc news she told brown what she thought and then he said what he thought

the problem on here and the digs brown gets is u dont like him
well everybody has a choice and you are wellcome to it
but the shit that gets thrown about

example is in another post
about the womens mother dieing in hospital and gordon brown was to blame work it out
the sun wasnt shining today so it must be gordon browns fault
my car needs repairing must be gordon browns fault

why dont u all just come out and say you dont like him u dont want him and leave it at that

me personaly wont be voting
why

i think all politcions and councilers are all there for them selves
the spout shite saying we are going to do this we are going to do that and what do they do the first thing is when elected is to vote on a 25% pay rise for them selves

they are all a gang of arseholes

so dont blame me when it all goes tits up

I felt really sorry for the old dear, you could see when the recording was played back to her, she was genuinely shocked and hurt by Browns comments.

If she had been ranting and being racist on the immigration issue, then you could understand Browns comment, and the "Bigot" comment might've been justified. But the fact was, IMO anyway, that she only said what many are thinking (rightly or wrongly) and it was not said in a racist way from what I heard.

I'd have told Brown and his crew to stick their apology up their arse and not had them back. She's clearly more tolerant than I would have been in the situation.

What gets me, and it has been said elsewhere, is that seemingly according to Gordon Brown, if you dare question the Labour party and their policy on immigration and the economy etc it makes you bigot FFS. No, I really take offence to that summation, and it's simply arrogant and plain wrong.

Last edited:
What gets me, and it has been said elsewhere, is that seemingly according to Gordon Brown, if you dare question the Labour party and their policy on immigration and the economy etc it makes you bigot FFS. No, I really take offence to that summation, and it's simply arrogant and plain wrong.

He said that he didn't mean to call her a bigot. The fact is the Tories would do nothing to stop EU citizens coming into the UK and she was talking about EU citizens. I have personally lived elsewhere in the EU and freedom of movement is vital, I think that he thought she was much more derogatory towards the eastern Europeans than she actually was, he apologised what else could he do?

The fact is we have just come out of a recession, there is a lack of jobs and people are looking for someone to blame. They see polish and other eastern European immigrants working and they start to think that they have taken jobs which they feel they have the right too. It is wrong and politicians should not go along with it. This kind of thing fuels parties such as the BNP.

cat123how can you say any of what you said ?
he said it with a mike on so why not broadcast it (muppet) Brown not you lol
she sells her story (call it compensation)
any paper thats not owned by Murdoch (go with who offers the most cash girl)

I have read comments from guys who have worked in TV and have stated that they wouldn't have been able to use comments made while the person didn't know they were being recorded. It was wrong for Sky to air the comments but he can hardly complain as it would simply make matters worse for him so he has to get on with it and I think he has, he was the strongest IMO during the BBC debate.

A lot of people hate the guy and I’m not sure why, I prefer him to Blair, he is a decent guy who has done well for the country but people nowadays just want someone who will look good in front of cameras.

i would not accept nothing less than his resignation. He said it FACT and then on radio 2 he said he said those things because he was asked question he couldnt respond to. well sorry but your job is to respond to difficult situations let alone difficult questions.

How anyone can defend him let alone vote for him OR his party is beyond me!

but i guess most ppl will vote for him/party because their parents voted lanbour! and not their policies.

He has shown what he thinks of the ordianry voting public.

He said that he didn't mean to call her a bigot.

Yeah, and I'm the tooth fairy living in Lord Mandy's back garden.

He got turned over by a granny and she rattled him. Speaks volumes if you ask me, about him and his thoughts towards Joe public who dare question Gordy the great.

The fact is he said it in private, we all say things we don't want people to hear. I've got to laugh at everybody acting like they are saints, he could have said a lot worse but what he said was nothing and it has been blown up to damage him.

the spout shite saying we are going to do this we are going to do that and what do they do the first thing is when elected is to vote on a 25% pay rise for them selves

I agree with this. I'm 29 and have never voted. Politics to me means you are trained in the art of lying, half trues, skating around the truth, shallow & shamless money grabing two-facedness and staring the camera right down the lense and telling massive porkies. Why on Earth would I give support to any of them?

Modern day politics is a shamless and dishonerable trade, and I don't know how any of them would be proud to admit they're one.

I think a lot of them are frustrated wanna-be rock stars who seen their only way to fame and fortune making it as a politican; they care nitto about making the world a better place.

Then you get people giving you the guilt trip for not voting. A vote to any of them at this point is a vote to the dispicable moral examples they all set with their dishonesty. Give me a politician who can directly answer a on News Night without going all round the houses like a coward.

As far as I'm concerned, they can consider my non-vote as a vote against all politicans.

I agree with this. I'm 29 and have never voted. Politics to me means you are trained in the art of lying, half trues, skating around the truth, shallow & shamless money grabing two-facedness and staring the camera right down the lense and telling massive porkies. Why on Earth would I give support to any of them?

Modern day politics is a shamless and dishonerable trade, and I don't know how any of them would be proud to admit they're one.

I think a lot of them are frustrated wanna-be rock stars who seen their only way to fame and fortune making it as a politican; they care nitto about making the world a better place.

Then you get people giving you the guilt trip for not voting. A vote to any of them at this point is a vote to the dispicable moral examples they all set with their dishonesty. Give me a politician who can directly answer a on News Night without going all round the houses like a coward.

As far as I'm concerned, they can consider my non-vote as a vote against all politicans.

Maybe some are corrupt I would agree but they do make a difference and without voting you may be letting people who you agree with less into power. If everyone who didn't like politicians didn't vote it would be the extremists who would win elections and our way of life would be heavily compromised.

so we have a claiovoyant
who knows what ppl think??

it was stated on the bbc news she told brown what she thought and then he said what he thought

the problem on here and the digs brown gets is u dont like him
well everybody has a choice and you are wellcome to it
but the shit that gets thrown about

example is in another post
about the womens mother dieing in hospital and gordon brown was to blame work it out
the sun wasnt shining today so it must be gordon browns fault
my car needs repairing must be gordon browns fault

why dont u all just come out and say you dont like him u dont want him and leave it at that

me personaly wont be voting
why

I do partly agree with you David, as whomever gets in will raise taxes for there own benefits and will give handouts in one and and take it back by another method. But to not vote is not helping the situation.

By sitting back and allowing things like this to continue with a 'nothing to do with me' attitude isn't going to help the country. And although by not voting some people would say then you are not entitled to your opinion on the govenment as you clearly didn't care at the time.

If there was an option for 'None of the above' and more people that didn't vote actually did vote for that, then perhaps we would see a different story.

I will be voting for the BNP, not for racist issues, but purely as a way of protesting about the other parties.

Back on topic. Gordon Brown, or anyone in fact could call me what they like and if I could sell my story, I would. Good Luck to her, she may even get her own show! :)

The media love things like this. You get paid to appear on Jeremy Kyle FFS, so surely it's not too bad for her to accept a payment for this.

Back