Beta Image Release

how you getting on with this Digi ?

at the moment m8, im not :(

things have gone hectic, but from wednesday i have a few days off and the kids are coming up, so ill get it flashed by this weekend

and hopefully have a new triple tuner TM7100HD receiver to play with as well :proud:

ok m8 ..just wondered thats all as it was a bit quite

As you are aware I have been doing the security and the tv guide for the site.

I will get this up and running again on the weekend... should have some time to myself.

We can go from there.

Ellie did you think about any of the things I listed in a earlier post are they doable ?

Regards
Mickie

one step at a time we need to get all the cams to work 1st.

Ok ellie footie was on tonight and I got involved with the bloody tv guide i am making :(

I will put the image back on tomorrow mate and see what happens.

One thing pal, how will I know if the other cams work ?

I will know if MGCAMD works but not the rest mate

Mickie

for which box would you want this for as all that u requested can be easly put inside a image

cheers
osborne82

Thats great news ellie I thought I was going mad lol when it never asked me a thing lol for the setup.

Rotor = moving satellite dish setup.

With the blue button menu this is the most important feature for the end user... of course the hard work of the images and the stability is much more important but and end user will be interested in the blue button.

What I would like on a personal touch lmao.

1) Is a section for the emu/cams where you can pick which one you use (remove, add, change ???)
2) choose which emu for a certain channel
3) plugins and being able to download and install them from DW
4) Would also like to install cams etc (for testing only) I do not mind paying for hosting on another network just for this and away from dw :)
5) I love the fact that on my old blue button I could get to the main menu where you adjusted all the settings etc for the tv aspect and sound
6) I want the blue button to be a menu and not say plugins (Dream Menu (anyone ?))
7) i love the genuine dream feature would this work as its not on mine
8) plugins should be called from another colour button (green will do ;))
9) The menu needs to be set out as easy as possible for people to use,

Example

DREAM MENU

CAMS & EMU's (must be top most important)
Downloads and Plugins (this is where they go to our site)
Manual File Install (install cams, plugins, channels, bouquets, etc)
OTHER MOST IMPORTANT PARTS HERE
------------------------- (nice to have some kind of barrier, line, etc)
Main Setup (where we goto mess with the tv settings, network etc)
Satellite Setup (the page where we pick what setup we have, single lnb, rotor, etc)
Satellite Searching (this will link direct to the satellites and transponder search)
Network Settings (direct link to our network page where we know dhcp etc)
-------------------------
About us (yes we get a mention lol ;))
help pages (i dunno maybe some help pages if we have some)

There is more I just need to think about it.

Sorry If I went on too much lads

Mickie

HI Osborne :)

I thought I was going mental when I got this emailed to me lol.

ermmm... Give me an hour I will see what things I was going on about back then.

Thank you for updating this post.

Mick

The more the merrier ;)

Sorry I never updated this yesterday.

I have a dm600s I dunno if that is any good but I believe we could make the pli image much better, I am not an image maker and really only every used the pli image, if anyone else has an image or knows of one - we could make an image that would best suit the UK based users.

It would be really great if we could work on something for the users of the dreambox.

I only mentioned pli because that is all I have used and its a pretty decent image (in my opinion) and think we could make the pli image much better.

Mick

i have a 600s too so all good :) we can use pli as a base and edit to suit no problems
may i ask though if uv ever tried a e2 for the 600 as this little box is able to boot both e1 and e2 :)
with e2 we can have decent epg and nice panel with ur fav in :)
e1 is good though if prefered

cheers

osborne82

i have a 600s too so all good :) we can use pli as a base and edit to suit no problems
may i ask though if uv ever tried a e2 for the 600 as this little box is able to boot both e1 and e2 :)
with e2 we can have decent epg and nice panel with ur fav in :)
e1 is good though if prefered

cheers

osborne82

what makes the dm600 possible to boot e2 is it linked to added storage possibilities or more with hardware used ? would it be possible to get a tm600 booting e2 ?

for testing and whatever, i have the following

DM, 500, 600, 7020, 500clone, 800
TM 500, 600, 500Super, 800

If as a team we're going to get right into this, then after xmas id get another Vu+ Duo for testing on, or if anyone here is VAT registered and can put it to expenses (somehow lol) then i can get one for £269-289

TO be honest lads I do not even know the difference between E1 and E2 but I would be willing to test anything :).

One thing though I think a very small amount of people might use the dm600 would it be easy to port over to other versions - if no then I would suggest we please the masses and do something for the most used boxes.

What you guys think ?

Mick

easy enough to port e1 panel to all boxes dm600/500 tm500/tm600 /itgate220/200
e2 should be easy too for tm800/dm800 vuduo/solo and as dm600 can run both e2 for the 600 aswell

cheers

osborne82

Sounds like a plan then.

Obviously we would need to credit the pli team, but could we give the image a new name ?

I do not know the legal aspects.

Regards
Mick

but could we give the image a new name ?

something like digitalworldz image :)

then we'd need to include in the writeup something along the lines of 'based on modified open PLi image source' or something like that, as well as 'thanks to....blah blah'

i think

I dunno if osborne has a site, if he is doing some / most of the work maybe he would want to cross reference the title ?

I just want to be fair to everyone and also make sure that we thank / and mention every site, image, involved.

Mick

Back