Beta Image Release

Mickie the boot screen fits perfect on my TV
the url sits nicely about 10mm from bottom of screen

although ellie has said to me that his miss's too

in the next release (if there is one) ill bring it up further

Well to be honest there will need to be some work done for satellite boxes anyway, I would guess it needs different menu's aswell, I do not know what is involved with editing menu's and I will be really honest would not have the time to learn this.

Is ellie the only person that can edit the images (clever fooker lol) because it would be asking allot for him to make all the changes that I would look for in a satellite image.

But one thing is for sure it was very stable when I had it on, much more stable than the pli images they jump about the place with remote actions... and do what they want sometimes :(

And the pli images reboot at random.

I think we could build a fantastic satellite image just do not know if its not asking to much.

Mickie

obviously ellie will speak for himself when he sees this

but I know he enjoys playing with box's (in his spare time) and I also know he HATES enigma lol

I now have the box back so unless he can play with the files he already has from it I don't know ?

not only that as you know my 600 has a cable tuner

I do not know about what is involved in each revision of dreambox ie 500, 600, 800 etc.

But I would imagine the menu system would be the same... if we can evolve a menu system for the 500 (for satellite) then hopefully (and this is guess work here) we can use the same menu system.

hopefully what I said above makes sense.

-------------------------
Ok i need to try the image on this post because the cable one is pretty useless for satellite as you cannot install cams as its kinda hard coded to use the ones that is with the release

I am installing the image above via dreamup as i fooked it lol last night and had the red and green flashing lights lol.

I will see If i can get the CS working on the image above and manually install cams etc (as I have them) and go from there.

Thanks very much for the replies its nice when you keep a post going

Mickie

im about to sort out a TM for the bedroom, so ill have a mess about with the DM600 as well

dont suppose anyone who can see this has a PSU for a 7020 they dont need lying about?

lol

talking about things laying about :Hit: did you once say you had a 600 sat tuner somewhere ?

Right the image from the top post has been installed and its a little different :)

Can I install mgcamd on this?

It does not work with the DW 500 folder but I am pretty sure ellie knew this and said it would be this way :)

So I will manually try and install the cams but I am not holding my breath lol as I am pretty useless lol - I will get there :)

@ digi sorry mate do not even know what psu it would take ?

@ digi again how do we install the cams and newcs manually ?

Mickie

John what happened to your name _ :)

Mickie all the blue button digitalworldz menus can be changed.

I get the same with the bootscreens and always have, it's the tv autosensing, we could have a black border around the bootscreens to get around this, a recompile to change these is easy enough.

If you throw mgcamd, rqcamd (the rqcamd.conf is in /usr/bin) and gbox in /usr/bin they should work if they don't then I will need you to run some tests via telnet to find out was is going wrong.

Can put an update plugins feature in the blue button, digitalworldz menu. Did look at it but wasn't sure what you were after.

What do you mean by rotor setup ?, never using a sat one i'm not sure what you mean.

If I recompile can get it to ask you the pal, timezone etc. I cheated and set it up for me :)

Thats great news ellie I thought I was going mad lol when it never asked me a thing lol for the setup.

Rotor = moving satellite dish setup.

With the blue button menu this is the most important feature for the end user... of course the hard work of the images and the stability is much more important but and end user will be interested in the blue button.

What I would like on a personal touch lmao.

1) Is a section for the emu/cams where you can pick which one you use (remove, add, change ???)
2) choose which emu for a certain channel
3) plugins and being able to download and install them from DW
4) Would also like to install cams etc (for testing only) I do not mind paying for hosting on another network just for this and away from dw :)
5) I love the fact that on my old blue button I could get to the main menu where you adjusted all the settings etc for the tv aspect and sound
6) I want the blue button to be a menu and not say plugins (Dream Menu (anyone ?))
7) i love the genuine dream feature would this work as its not on mine
8) plugins should be called from another colour button (green will do ;))
9) The menu needs to be set out as easy as possible for people to use,

Example

DREAM MENU

CAMS & EMU's (must be top most important)
Downloads and Plugins (this is where they go to our site)
Manual File Install (install cams, plugins, channels, bouquets, etc)
OTHER MOST IMPORTANT PARTS HERE
------------------------- (nice to have some kind of barrier, line, etc)
Main Setup (where we goto mess with the tv settings, network etc)
Satellite Setup (the page where we pick what setup we have, single lnb, rotor, etc)
Satellite Searching (this will link direct to the satellites and transponder search)
Network Settings (direct link to our network page where we know dhcp etc)
-------------------------
About us (yes we get a mention lol ;))
help pages (i dunno maybe some help pages if we have some)

There is more I just need to think about it.

Sorry If I went on too much lads

Mickie

Last edited:
the nabilo one has options to read forum topics and enter text into the forum shoutbox, this would be cool if it could be added as well :)

@ellie I can put the mgcamd files in there but what about newcs stuff ?

Regards
Mickie

Cannot get mgcamd to work with newcs.

I put all the files in /usr

I think it wants me to put them all in /var

I can see allot of shortcuts.

But still not sure how to restart the card server as there is no options for this

Mickie

do you have a card m8? if not then you dont really need newcs

There is no option to turn on mgcamd ?

I checked in telnet with the ps and cannot see mgcamd is running ?

So mgcamd is not on but I do not know how to turn it on either ?

Would be nice to have it on today lol - football on sky sports tonight lmao

Will have to watch it up stairs lol

Mickie

if it works then
blue
digitalworldz menu
then there is one called cams or something and there should be a list of 4 emu's
evocam
mgcam
rqcam
gbox

only the evocam setting has been tested.
mgcamd needs to go in /usr/bin

to test if it works
telnet to the box
cd /
cd /usr/bin
./mgcamd

post here what it says and if it works or not.
you never mention newcs so it's not setup for it (yet).

Sorry ellie got in from work and found we had trouble with the site.

Should I put on the latest file at top of post or should I put the cable version you lot have in the beta stage ?

Mickie

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/218953/#post1619678
the cable one has the option to run the different cams.

I need to have tested each cam to see if they work then we can go on to the next stage.

cable/sat makes no difference except the pre configured channel lists which are easy deleted.

No worries Ellie I am waiting for digi at the moment to get back to me because it might of worked and I had the wrong settings will know more tomorrow and will start again.

Thanks again

Mickie

Last edited:
Right now I have my file setup and backed up lmao ;)

I will try this again in the next 30 mins, see how it goes.

Mickie

Back