Best Value Newsgroup Site

im also with astraweb but i pay $11, get 160 days retention not as much as other providers but more then long enoughr for what i download, unlimited downloads, 20 connections and ssl included.

i got the above deal by signing throught a partner of theres, and the price is fixed at $11 for ever.

if anyones interested ill try and find the link

Heres the link ;)

news.astraweb.com - Signup with us

yep thats the one, allthough i signed up via newzleech but both the same deal

yeah my aunt uses it aswell obviously dont both use it at the same time.

I've been with GIganews for about 6 years now, never had any problems, good retention and great speeds too.

news.astraweb all i get is pics and messages no full films ,using river with it and so far waste of money.BUT i must be doing somit wrong.:Dunce: unless thats all uget is a few pics and messages ?//

Hi lads, good thread.

I signed up for astraweb yesterday, finding it a lot better than the last time I used newsgroups a few years ago, it takes advantage of my bandwidth better than torrents.

My question is, are there any forums that post .nzb files so you can just download that to get the movie, game etc. Thanks.

Edit:mad: srgberian, try this link m8. Should tell you everthing you need to know.

http://www.slyck.com/ng.php

Last edited:
Can someone explain the diffrence between a paid news group and virmin media newsgroup as i use the virmin media one and get all the binarys ok the retention isnt very good but i max out my 20 meg

Can someone explain the diffrence between a paid news group and virmin media newsgroup as i use the virmin media one and get all the binarys ok the retention isnt very good but i max out my 20 meg

I think the retention thing is a biggy, vgen i think is 7 days max, whilst i am on astraweb, 160 or giganews with 240. My news server has SSL so although vgen know I am maxing my bandwidth they have no way of telling with what.

Yup. I can confirm that Virgin has a retention of only 7 days, however its very good and maxs my 20mbit connection out. Carrys a nice range of binaries.

I use alt.binz to download and newzleech.com for my nzb's. Couldnt be easier once you set it all up !

I use newsgroupdirect.com, £7 a month unlimited, 20 connections and ssl

Back