Best Value Newsgroup Site

mrmachinegunn

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi there i used to use hitnews for getting my xbox games but there prices have gone up and not sure if its the best deal available does anyone know what server is the best value for money

I use Astraweb, mainly because I like that you can do one-off payments.... you dont have to pay monthly subscripions
110GB for $25 (this is the one I go for)
25GB for $10

Or for $15/month you can have unlimited downloads (their plans are very reasonable if you download alot)

Last edited:
Astraweb seems the same as the rest of them, $15 is a typical price point for unlimited bandwidth, and yet again Ngroups.Net is a penny cheaper ;)

Astraweb for me as well. The one off payments are ideal for me! Only really get 360 games so no point paying for a monthly service!

What is a 'one off payment' compared to a 'monthly service'? :err:

I pay Ngroups.Net about £8 a month for unlimited bandwidth, what are you guys doing different?

I pay $25 (£13 ish) and am allowed to download 110 gig of crap at top speed. When it runs out i pay again, if i want ought at the time!

I pay $25 (£13 ish) and am allowed to download 110 gig of crap at top speed. When it runs out i pay again, if i want ought at the time!

Fook, I'd use that in a week ;)

£8 for unlimited downloads is better for me.

Fook, I'd use that in a week ;)

£8 for unlimited downloads is better for me.

Exactly! Only good if you only get certain things! Although the amount of games for the 360 lately its been nuts!! lol

I use giganews, 240days retention, no download limits, its around £15 a month.

im currently with giganews but thinking of changing, don't get me wrong there good! but the price keeps going up (as the US to GBP rate increases) and i use it less now than i did

here are there current accounts available..

Account Type Selection

Service Level .....................................GB/month...Connections..........Price

Diamond Single User Account + SSL.......Unlimited....20 simultaneous....$29.99
Platinum Single User Account................Unlimited....10 simultaneous.....$24.99
Silver Single User Account + SSL...........25GB/mo....20 simultaneous.....$17.99
Silver Single User Account....................25GB/mo....10 simultaneous......$12.99
Bronze Single User Account + SSL.........2GB/mo......20 simultaneous.....$12.99
Bronze Single User Account..................2GB/mo......10 simultaneous......$7.99

im currently on

Diamond Single User Account + SSL.......Unlimited....20 simultaneous....$29.99 (=£17.81 this month)

is there anywhere i can get the same sort of account at a cheaper price? i don't need the SSL as my software doesn't support it, i would prefer paypal but if not credit card

any help would be gratefully received
thanks
mike

im currently with giganews but thinking of changing, don't get me wrong there good! but the price keeps going up (as the US to GBP rate increases) and i use it less now than i did

here are there current accounts available..

Account Type Selection

Service Level .....................................GB/month...Connections..........Price

Diamond Single User Account + SSL.......Unlimited....20 simultaneous....$29.99
Platinum Single User Account................Unlimited....10 simultaneous.....$24.99
Silver Single User Account + SSL...........25GB/mo....20 simultaneous.....$17.99
Silver Single User Account....................25GB/mo....10 simultaneous......$12.99
Bronze Single User Account + SSL.........2GB/mo......20 simultaneous.....$12.99
Bronze Single User Account..................2GB/mo......10 simultaneous......$7.99

im currently on

Diamond Single User Account + SSL.......Unlimited....20 simultaneous....$29.99 (=£17.81 this month)

is there anywhere i can get the same sort of account at a cheaper price? i don't need the SSL as my software doesn't support it, i would prefer paypal but if not credit card

any help would be gratefully received
thanks
mike

try newshosting m8

i'm with them, nice speeds and connections.

thanks for that Highlander that's another one to look into,

any more suggestions anyone?

thanks
mike

In regards to astraweb, i haven't heard of them before. What sort of content to they have? Are they reasonably quick at getting things new?

I would say ngroups
Upcoming periods: each 3 Month(s) à GBP 14.99

i`m with HIGHLANDER he put me onto newshosting 2-3 yrs back and never had a prob with them i pay $83-00 for 6mths ( about £40) i can download 32 files at once just the job for me !

+1 on astraweb with SSL. Found it to be good. Retention is not as good as giganews tho

Back