Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best card for DS Lite

UsamahKH

Banned
Hi there,

I need two cards for a Nintendo DS lite, and prefrably they should be able to take 2GB cards.

I don't know much about cards, or which are there best, but Im sure loads of people out there know wayyy more than me! Could you please help me?

Could you please tell me which card is the most reliable and from where should I purchase? with quick delivery (pref in time for christmas :))

Thank you! :)

EDIT: I have done a bit of reading on the forum and find that there is both a lot of good and bad on the R4DS. I am confused. I also seemed to infer that Curly is a pro on this subject and in this forum, would love your advice mate, as well as everyone elses! :)

personally i would buy the R4DS card from the official site at least that way you know your getting an original and not fake card
or you can go for a m3 simply card which are just as good

ALL R4DS CARDS ARE NOW FAKE, AND HAVE BEEN FOR MANY MANY MONTHS...

stopped production at the start of this year if i remember

DSTT is being raped by fakes at the min, stay clear of them i am sure u have seen people having trouble with them on here, aslong as u get a genuine one u are sorted :)

Just been on www.model-gadget.com

They have R4DS - V2 for £12.95 & R4 SDHC for £14.95

What's the differences and what's the best to buy??

And is this website the best?? I got the link from the official R4DS website

i have ordered loads of R4 cards from this site M3 Lite - KLICKstore : and not had 1 !! problem with any of them so would recommend to any if wanting to buy an R4 card some cards i have ordered have 1.21 firmware that work ( which i am informed is a cloned card correct me if wrong not sure ) and others take 1.18 firmware but will only take up to 2gb cards were as the 1.21 versions take 4 , 6 & 8 cards i guess like some said in another post most are fake now nut as long as they wotk then thats all that matters to me and not 1 has let me down yet !!
ps spot on delivery as well

i have ordered loads of R4 cards from this site M3 Lite - KLICKstore : and not had 1 !! problem with any of them so would recommend to any if wanting to buy an R4 card some cards i have ordered have 1.21 firmware that work ( which i am informed is a cloned card correct me if wrong not sure ) and others take 1.18 firmware but will only take up to 2gb cards were as the 1.21 versions take 4 , 6 & 8 cards i guess like some said in another post most are fake now nut as long as they wotk then thats all that matters to me and not 1 has let me down yet !!

You are correct Dee, original R4 cards are 2g and only up to 1.18, this can mean that some of the latest games need patched, personally I would not hesitate to order a clone but if I need another cart I will order the dstt, less than £5 and just as good.

the r4 was a great cart but not much happening now for updates there are clones now don't know much about them as only ever used original r4 moved to ttds now and when you get a real one there's been no problems yet :drink:

i think we need a sticky to stop people talking about buying R4DS cartridges, as too many people are recommending them and others having trouble with them, they used to be good, yes, they where the brand name of their time for DS flash carts, their time is done, they are now flooded with too many fake variants riddled with hardware problems

Hi, in my opinion even if lots of people use R4 I prefer the supercard, it's very simple to use and never gave me problems I know fakes r4 can give.

SuperCard_DS_one_4GB.jpg

I agree brendon83, the one thing you can be sure of with supercard is getting updates for the latest games, they are doing updates for my old SC-CF card after 3 years!

The interface tho is sluggish on the DS-One, but a few tweaks in the .ini file speeds it right up. I use my DS-One-SDHC with a transcend 8 gigger and a 3-1 bootup system that gives me the normal OS or DSTT and Y's whenever I want...i love it.

But as far as the original question it's widely said in the flash cart world that the Cyclo-DS is the best cart but it costs a lot.

They not selling cards anymore m8, here is text from there site:

We announce cease trading on all type of multimedia card includes R4DS, M3 and DSTT.

All outstanding orders which made prior to this notice and have not received the items from us will receive a full refund within 7 working days commencing from the date of this notice. We apologies for all inconviniences.

Probably best to avoid the R4 as it has so many doubts associated with it, & to some extent that goes for the DSTT too!, although I've had two of these that worked fine, (only doubts to authenticity raised by slightly differing builds)

Far better to go for something that is highly regarded that is also supported by frequently updated firmware.

Probably the most highly regarded card out there is the CycloDS, although it's pricey!, they do say you get what you pay for!

There is a card out there that is increadibly similar to the CycloDS but at a fraction of the price. It's the Edge Card.
The only functions that the Cyclo had over the Edge were 'in game slow motion' & 'real time save'.
The Edge Card can be found here; DealExtreme: $15.07 Edge DS Card for NDS and NDS Lite (Supports SDHC)
at $15.07 (approx' £10.20) & free postage. The firmware on this card seems to be updated monthly so only shortlived compatability issues with the very latest roms.

Also up for consideration should be the the Supercard DS One (bit more money) and the AceKard 2 (quite a fanbase but suffers from poorer build quality).

bootpod, all the problems with dstt nearly always are with fake dstt's, buy a genuine one and ur fine ;)

CycloDS is one of the best cards you can get for the DS but its a bit more expensive, theres also Acekard 2.1 etc, ive never seen a bad quality acekard 2 to be honest bootpod

Plexo,

yeah I bought both my DSTT cards about 3 months appart, and both of them were from the "genuine" tag at DX. When I got the first one, it checked out at the ndstt.com website and it worked fine.
Then I decided to get another, but when it arrived I noticed the build was different, so again I checked this one out at ndstt.com and again it checked out. But here's the rub, although they showed some alternative, earlier models (also genuine), the card that I had originally bought was now highlighted as a fake!, as was the packaging it came in!

The peeps that make the genuine DSTT also make the DSTT Advanced if their cloned websites are anything to go by! Although the genuine DSTT site states that Theirs is the one and only, & does not endorse the Advanced version.

It's all very confusing, but if you look at all the DSTT sites & read in-between the lines you will see that they could all be argued as genuine, and that this is a turf war after the orignal company split into two factions in mid 2008.

It's a blummin' minefield this rom card business, and the DSTT situation is a confusing mess!

(I'm actually considering getting a DSTT Advanced (for my youngest as it has a side loading TF/SD slot) and trying the "genuine" DSTT firmware on it as I've heard that the fake bricker does not harm it, which I can well imagine if DSTT Advanced & "genuine" DSTT are indeed still one & the same!?)

I've never actually held an AceKard so I couldn't personally vouch for the build quality, I was only going by reviews, although by all accounts user-wise it's a cracking card with many fans.

i have used GBAMP V2 (patched to run NDS!) and V3, M3 simply, and am currently settled with my Supercard DSONE - it has the best features of all of the cards i have used, but the M3 simply really was what it said on the label... simple!

Hi,

What is the best card for a DSlite at the moment ? just roms i'm interested in.

anywhere that sells cards near to sheffield ?

Hi,

What is the best card for a DSlite at the moment ? just roms i'm interested in.

anywhere that sells cards near to sheffield ?

I got some dstt+2gb mem cards here... £20.00 inc postage

I can set them up if prefered ready to plug.n.play, just pm me.

Last edited:
Back