Best Box

J

janettemair

Is there a best box, does it matter,Ive heard the phillips box is not as good as pace or pioneer et al. Is there any where on the web that does comparisons.
Nearly there, I going to buy one at the week-end. ;)

I have a Pioneer box, along with some of my relatives. I've never experienced or heard of a problem with one yet :)

Wolverine

[ 31 May 2001: Message edited by: wolverine ]

I have Phillips, Pioneer, Nokia,

they all work gr8 but i do have a favourite

first of all the Nokia remote locks up more than the other 2 (but belive me the nokia has hidden talents)

the phillips seems to be the same as the pioneer just in a different box, but not exactly it seems to me that the box is not as good for reception sometimes as the pioneer (just my opinion)

the pioneer looks gr8 the remote control for the pioneer will work your TV and Video (that is my favourite choice) and the reception seems better than the phillips but the same as the nokia

hope this gives u some useful help on the subject

the nokia is what everybody wants

but the pioneer looks Gr8 and the remote control is a delight to have

i do like the phillips but not my cup of tea

Have not tried any of the other box's out there

I started with a Philips box with no probs, I then got hold of a Nokia box for a very cheap price, but it kept locking up mainly on the free to air channels.
Last weekend I bought the Pioneer box and in my opinion this is the best of the three.
I have been told to avoid the pace boxes as they don't like au cards. :eek:

My pace stb likes them no probs at all and i think it looks better than me nokia stb.......Gazer :p

:eek: Hi Gazer, I was not dissing the pace box as I have never seen or had one, I am only going off what i have heard from others. :rolleyes:

I've got a pioneer STB and I agree with everything that's been said about it so far.......Looks good,...Works good.
The only slight criticism I have is that the remote seems to be very directional and you have to point it directly at the box and make deliberate key presses.

Question for Mickie here.

I've heard that the early version of the nokia (the one with the flap that don't shut on PCB cards)is supposed to be more resistant to ECMs. Does that only apply to AU cards as DMBG2 is very solid against them anyway.
Also the firmware is supposed to be a bit unstable and causes crashes. Has this got anything to do with the "hidden talents of the nokia box" that you were talking about?

Ive got a Nokia, apart from it locking on 2 sometimes ive had no problems. Also think the Pace box is good. :D

Back