Bedroom tax

My inlaws have bought my wifes mothers house because at the age of 82 she was told she needed to pay £80 a month because she still lives alone in a 3 bedroom house she brought up a family of 11 in this house it had been adapted for her disabled husband (it had a lift installed not a stairlift) so the council have now lost for ever a house in a very low council house area

Tory voters take note this unjust tax does not help housing needs

Perfect! Glad to hear a good outcome for your mother-in-law

rotten stinking Tory tax, If you have a spare room rent it out as Secure Heated Storage, lots doing it, or use it to make home-brew lager and punt it to the drunks, every**** else is on the take so take what you can get pple

Last edited:
Great post @shaun127 you are keeping us all informed and giving hope to those who are affected.
I'm fortunate that I am not one of those affected yet, but as it stands many in social housing will be affected at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Government is breaking its own contracts in my view and so the 18th of September, 2014 can't come quick enough......

It cant come soon enough!!!!! Lets hope Scotland get there independence to save England the welfare bill we are lumped with not to mention the Liebour Comunist party will NEVER get in power in England again, woop woop!!!! Hurry up 18th

It cant come soon enough!!!!! Lets hope Scotland get there independence to save England the welfare bill we are lumped with not to mention the Liebour Comunist party will NEVER get in power in England again, woop woop!!!! Hurry up 18th

keep taking the pills and please do some homework before spouting your pish/non helpful posts,,

Specsavers is a tad busy at the minute ;)
@m4rkyw - not best put but true. I only hope the majority of Scots are awake come voting time.

Pity Wiz dropped out - had the makings of a good discussion...

wtf?
this is the first i'm hearing about this
Welfare reform may see families lose homes | Society | guardian.co.uk
Bedroom tax warning

so my 79 yr old mother in law will be moved out of the council house she has lived in for 40+ years and raised all her six kids in, watched her two sick husbands die in?

just because she now lives alone in a three bedroom house?

FUKC YOU TORIES!
Labour let in Millions, and did not build enough houses even for the indigenous population during this time, and this so-called tax is costing Britain around 20 Billion, which is really Housing Benefit; so now we have a situation caused by Labour where the taxpayer pays more for people to live in a house that is bigger than required, and numerous other people living in overcrowded places and sheds. The more people Britain let in with nothing, the more the benefits will have to be shared, and with 500 Million people in the EU there is an open border. So when politicians talk about controlled immigration it is really a load of nonsense.

My inlaws have bought my wifes mothers house because at the age of 82 she was told she needed to pay £80 a month because she still lives alone in a 3 bedroom house she brought up a family of 11 in this house it had been adapted for her disabled husband (it had a lift installed not a stairlift) so the council have now lost for ever a house in a very low council house area

Tory voters take note this unjust tax does not help housing needs

I thought it didn't apply to people over 65 living in the house by themselves!!!

Appealing against the Bedroom Tax

Full details of first bedroom tax tribunal rulings | News | Inside Housing

Scottish

How to appeal the bedroom tax ? its so easy and so right! | SPeye

And this is the English/Welsh legislation. Section 326 Table II.
Exactly the same. Everybody should be appealing on this ground if any of their 'bedrooms' are less than 70 sq feet.

Housing Act 1985

Dave Nelson just lives up the road from me and he says this has opened lots of doors to people...so get appealing!!!!

Back