Back to basics with my s10

cdy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
James! Manic! Exos! et al!
As previously posted I've always had some glitching and freezing, almost always on sub channels. I realised a couple of months after I fitted the dish (once the season had changed) that a bush in my neighbour's garden may have been causing line-of-sight issues. Been meaning to move the dish since then, and finally got round to moving it this past weekend. Since moving it I've lost over half my channels, and virtually all the sub channels that are working are glitching and/or regularly freezing. Signal intensity on fta channels is generally 90% and signal quality 50%-70%. However, on the sub channels, though 'intensity' is around 80%-90% 'quality' is between 5%-45%. I've never been able to use the box to record, and the EPG rarely populates, so I'm thinking that tomorrow I'll flash it with the latest f/w and do a new scan. Basically start from scratch.
Any pointers on when the 'best' s10 f/w and what I can do to sort this out?

Wish I hadn't bothered moving it ... It/'s far worse now than it was before!!! FFS!

The signal quality levels are very low. Are you sure dish is aligned correctly?

The signal quality levels are very low. Are you sure dish is aligned correctly?

Hi mate, no I'm not sure to be honest.
All my standard def FTA channels are 90% intensity and 70%-75% quality. Most sub channels are at 90% intensity but less than 30% quality. No matter what I do with the dish I just can't get the sub channel quality to improve.

i don't think you can back up the cccam on the later firmwares.
Do a full dump via rs232 instead.

i'm going to have another crack at this today.
i really hope i can sort it. i guess i'll keep tweaking the dish mm by mm!

Some channels have a stronger signal than others which is probably why you are picking up the fta ones and not others, bbc in particular is very easy to find but a bit of extra tweaking may be required for an acceptable signal on other channels, can someone watch the tv while you are adjusting the dish?

Some channels have a stronger signal than others which is probably why you are picking up the fta ones and not others, bbc in particular is very easy to find but a bit of extra tweaking may be required for an acceptable signal on other channels, can someone watch the tv while you are adjusting the dish?

howdy james. yes, the misssus is watching the tv whilst i tweak. getting all the standard def sly movie channels know (40%-50% quality), however no other sub channels! lol

Any luck mate? :)

No, mate. Just as above. Most FTA channels are around 70% and most standard def Sly movies are around 40% (just about watchable). Nothing else working really except the odd channel here-and-there, eg, Sky Sports 2 at 40% but no other sports channel working!

A loss of signal is occurring on the weaker channels time to check the f connectors and cable, check no water in connectors on lnb, no fraying of cable and lastly the connector on the cable going into stb has not been pulled a little therefore slight loss of contact or shorting with the sheilding.
Good luck.

Back