Azurues help

dandare

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey folk im using azurues to d/l things, do you have any tips to speed up the d/l. ive got a list of things to d/l but it only ever d/l the top 2 items is that normal.
my connection is 2mb but it only ever seems to d/l at about 25kbs i guess it will depend on how many folk are seeding, but is that a normal d/l speed?
any tips helpful
ta

in azureus go to view at the top then configuration and then queue and you can adjust the amount of downloads as for the speed there are options in the config section but its never got much faster than 25k and sometimes its pretty crap so cant help you there mate, if you do figure it out be sure to let us know

I ditched Azereus 'cos of the slow speeds, try something like Shareaza, tops out my connection!

so is that the general opinion of azuerus. there are better, faster programs to use? like the above mentioned? its the only one i've ever used and don't us eit that often and know little about how it all works and the best ones to use, so i guess anything that can get the info down quicker is a bonus.

so is that the general opinion of azuerus. there are better, faster programs to use? like the above mentioned? its the only one i've ever used and don't us eit that often and know little about how it all works and the best ones to use, so i guess anything that can get the info down quicker is a bonus.
nothing wrong with it ok i have a 10mb connection but if the seeding is ok i have had downloads of over 450kbs

first off use a diff port
i use 50500

on transfer i have setting as
max upload as 25kbs
max download as 0
max upload slots as 3
max connection per torrent as 50
max connection globally as 250

these work for me

obtw
open the port to get top speed

nice one davidh i followed your advice and its hunky dory. only thing is i had to move the folder where the files are d/l to to free up space, i used the options in azu to change the d/l location but all of the torrents that are part done are now coming up error missing data coming up from the old location, is there any when to change the torrents so that they can somehow pick up where they last stopped in the new location?
or will i have to just delete and start them again?

it also depends on what people are uploading if they are only uploading 25k in total then thats all youll get even on a 100mb line. i find utorrent alot better.

it also depends on what people are uploading if they are only uploading 25k in total then thats all youll get even on a 100mb line. i find utorrent alot better.
so if ppl r uploading at 25k it doesnt matter what client u use u will only get 25k

yeah your download speed is determined by what the speed people upload. you could be connected to 100 people and the total upload of them 100 people could be 30kbs. this is the speed you will get to download at.

Back