Choosing appliances\electrical items - any tips?

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I dont sign up to any which etc type subscriptions as Im always a little sceptical of them but does anyone have any tips when it comes to buying things like dishwashers fridge freezers even TV's?! I know its always budget based but prices these days are reasonably competitive plus there's that many different brands and models of different brands it all gets confusing.

How do you tend to do it?

Random question I know but I start to look make note of a few and then get fed up doing it and give up :D

We always buy a decent brand tbh.
Buy cheap buy twice.
We have LG tv. Neff oven and hob.
Bosch washer and extractor fan.
We have an Electrolux fridge freezer which is a brand we don’t usually buy but we got it really cheap.
The one we had before that was a Fisher and Paykel and we had it for twelve years.
We gave it to some friends three years ago who use it in their outside bar and it is still working now.

We always buy a decent brand tbh.
Buy cheap buy twice.
We have LG tv. Neff oven and hob.
Bosch washer and extractor fan.
We have an Electrolux fridge freezer which is a brand we don’t usually buy but we got it really cheap.
The one we had before that was a Fisher and Paykel and we had it for twelve years.
We gave it to some friends three years ago who use it in their outside bar and it is still working now.
Haha buy cheap buy twice - and then we have an Electrolux fridge freezer which is a brand we don’t usually buy but we got it really cheap ;)

My faith in LG went when my panel went on my previous (I have a naff heafty 42" LG which is just going and going so maybe I was just unlucky).
And as you say about the decent brands - they all seem to be in bed with each other when it comes to components so again you never know what you end up with. I do like manufacturers who offer longer warranties as that shows faith in their products

Haha buy cheap buy twice - and then we have an Electrolux fridge freezer which is a brand we don’t usually buy but we got it really cheap ;)

My faith in LG went when my panel went on my previous (I have a naff heafty 42" LG which is just going and going so maybe I was just unlucky).
And as you say about the decent brands - they all seem to be in bed with each other when it comes to components so again you never know what you end up with. I do like manufacturers who offer longer warranties as that shows faith in their products
The the Electrolux fridge freezer should’ve been 1100 quid and we got it for £350 through my wife’s work. No brainer really.
The Fisher and Paykel one we had before was 800 quid.
I like the Lg Oled TVs that’s why I have one. We have had it five years now, and it has been great tbh.

Back