Audio/video issues via ethernet

yes I do, but when I turn off/on the receiver again it does not connect.
When I check ip settings ip address still reads as 192.168.001.212 , gateway address still also has 001 etc...

Not on front of one now but in cccam set up is there somwhere to switch on active or auto connect for the specific server you are using.

Not on front of one now but in cccam set up is there somwhere to switch on active or auto connect for the specific server you are using.

Yes, I can connect or disconnect to server via my remote. Many thanks for your patience by the way.

your welcome its not a problem I get far more help here than i can give.

So when you do connect with the remote all is working and chanells are clearing but when you reboot it dosent auto connect.

your welcome its not a problem I get far more help here than i can give.

So when you do connect with the remote all is working and chanells are clearing but when you reboot it dosent auto connect.

that's right. strange thing is happening now, if I change the last 3 digits in ip address randomly then it connects again. this is doing my head in:eek:

When you connect with the remote does it stay connected untill you reboot.

yes, it's fine. I have been watching tv for the last 20 minutes no problem.
If I switch off/on receiver I can guarantee that it won't connect until I randomly change last 3 digits on ip address.
If I change DHCP USAGE to on it connects automatically when I switch on receiver.
I am beginning to wonder that I may need to change a setting on my router.

go to 8281 then go to timeout and put it to 1 sec and after that reboot your resiver and see how it gose if it dont work then you have somthing worng with your router m8.

i have 3 tms connet to my cs and in my router i have never done know changed anything on it all i did is a cat5 cable form the back of the router to the back of TM and off you go with know problems if i was you i would try to get a diffent router a diffrent make so if you got a friend to lend you one then you can test it out and if it dose the same again then you can conferm that you have somthing wrong with your TM M8

Last edited:
I really appreciate everyone's feedback but I have been messing about with my own ip settings( we both have linksys router) all fipping evening to understand issue with my brother's and am convinced that I there is no hardware issue with router and it's just a question of having correct settings.

One more time before I retire for the night, DHCP set to ON with my technomate works fine and has done since I bought receiver ( ip address shows as 192.168.1.102)
If I set DHCP to OFF and change ip address to 103 etc... channels clear until I turn receiver off/on and then it does not connect to cccam. BUT if I manually change last three digits of ip address to to 104,105, etc and then turnoff/on cccam it clears channels again until I turn receiver off/on again and so it goes on. Groundhog bl--dy day or what?

Problem with my brother's system is that on DHCP set to ON it shows ip address to be 192.168.1.101 and am now pretty much convinced that's why he has conflict issues with his laptop. All I am trying to do is to manually set his technomate to a different static ip to resolve issue but wanted to experiment with my set up so that I could resolve it at his end quickly.
I'm going to take my son down there with me tomorrow, I bet he'll show me up within five minutes:night:

the resiver of your brother are you testing it in your house m8 if you ate testing it in yours house is it working ok in your house beacouse if yours working fine then his should be working fine to in your house just to conform if its a tm problem m8

Just to add some extra info in here :
The IP problem is A BUG. I have been testing the tm5402HD a lot and it comes down to this every time
If you use only 1 CS line in the 8281 Menu then everything works fine

If you are using multiple CS lines the following odd behaviour occurs :
The first CS line connects fine ....
The rest of the CS lines do no connect UNLESS you change the fixed Ip Adress By one Number, SAVE & RE INPUT the correct IPadress
Then
The rest of the CS lines get connected.

If you happen to reboot the receiver you will have to do this again.

Digi Told me this solution, it works flawless in all cases (changing IP)

PS:
I use an internal private IP and external Dynamic Name CS lines in the tm5402HD
and
I'm using a fixed internal IP/DNS setup.

hi Wolftje,
You are indeed correct mate, each time I increased fixed ip address by one number then it would reconnect.
I have two CS lines and so has my brother. As I said last night I don't have an issue with DHCP USAGE being ON, it is my brother that has the problem.
When I have DHCP USAGE to ON on my Techno my ip address defaults to 192.168.1.102, but my brother's receiver shows as 192.168.1.101, and I am now thinking that why he is getting conflict with his router/laptop and I am not.
Is possible to change ip settings on his router(we both have linksys routers by the way) to resolve issue.

I would suggest to use fix ip's. is there a reason why he should use DHCP ?
In my pers view you have musch more control over yr settings when using fixed settings ?

I agree with you wolftje, but fortunately for you, you don't know my brother.
He is a complete knob when it comes to computers etc...., and I have to set up everything for him( I am far from being an expert myself) that's why
I want to make it as idiot proof as possible.
Sorry to keep on, but are you able to tell me why my receiver on DHCP defaults to 192.168.1.102 and my brother's defaults to 192.168.1.101 because I am pretty sure that's why he's getting conflict on DHCP. I tested my receiver last night on my system with FIXED ip set to 192.168.1.101 and after a short while sound went off and then receiver froze when I tried to change channel.
Is it worth trying to swap receivers as we both have same techno 5402HD?
Many thanks for your patience.

You can determine a fix ip of choice in the DHCP server settings of your router.
You router DHCP server knows and recognises all devices connected by its unique Mac adress.
So everything with a rj45 ethernet connector has an unuique mac adress.

of course if you have an IP conflict when using 101(same ip of yr brother) it is normal that 2 devices using the same IP will come in conflict and cause crashing behaviour....

Hummm ok, I think that I understand. So are we conluding that he has to go the fixed ip route?

Do you have any other device on your brothrers network with a fixed ip address like another pc or xbox or somthing.

have you tried your brothers box at yours to see if it works ok to rule out a possible box fault? as yours works perfectly on your network.or take your box to his to see if it his network
just a thought but it might save lots of frustration and pulling hair out etc

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
Just for the record, all my brother has is a linksys router, Techno 5402HD connected with rj45 cable and a laptop connected wirelessly.
Yes, I will try it at my home tonight and see what I get, but I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with receiver.

Some feedback for everyone who have been kind enough with suggestions.

I have just comeback from my brother's house after spending the evening there chasing red herrings!
1.We gave my brother's laptop a fixed ip setting, lost sound and then picture after about 20 minutes.
2. We assigned a fixed ip address to Techno -ditto problem within ten minutes.
3.Disconnected lan cable from box, tuned in to a free to air channel, same poxy problem within a quarter of an hour!!!!
4. Swapped his receiver for mine, connected by lan again with a DHCP address, watched second half of footie on you where, not a a single glitch for over an hour.:banana:
5.Have left my receiver at my brother's for the night and brought his up to mine for a couple more tests before we send it back for exchange.
I am going to factory reset and patch with Techonmate's latest firmware then test on a free to air channel just to satisfy myself that I didn't load receiver with an iffy patch to start with.

Back