Attention tm800hd owners

Re: tm800 deal?

like i said before time you ellie looked at your position, you have this impossible habit off being impartial time to move aside for the better of the forum , and now your trying to be little fellow mods and also admin , seriously look in the mirror and do the decent thing step a side

That would then leave the only one moderator on the TM section. The person having been threatened with legal action by TM on a personal level as well as to close the forum.

The one thing about this forum was your freedom off speech it seems that is not the case anymore

If its darkman your talking about Jimmy then your wrong m8,
He has a vested interest in slagging of his competition,so his opinion is null and void here,same goes for any seller/trader or company owner who tries to do the same,

If you mean something else then sorry I'm not aware of it m8

If its darkman your talking about Jimmy then your wrong m8,
He has a vested interest in slagging of his competition,so his opinion is null and void here,same goes for any seller/trader or company owner who tries to do the same,

If you mean something else then sorry I'm not aware of it m8

No No dave what i mean is we the members / mods & admin had freedom of speech , but with trigger happy, deleting crazy, thread cleansing ellie we dont get the freedom anymore

Last edited:

That would then leave the only one moderator on the TM section. The person having been threatened with legal action by TM on a personal level as well as to close the forum.

thats all it needs one moderator thats not biased to the product

No No dave what i mean is we the members / mods & admin had freedom of speech , but with trigger happy, deleting crazy, thread cleansing ellie we dont get the freedom anymore

Ah ok Jimmy thanks for clearing that up,

But I cant say I have seen the behaviour you are talking about unless its in one of those threads were it all kicks of,and tbh I'm probably as much likely to delete stuff,but I always try only to delete stuff thats damaging to this forum,even if it doesnt seem like it at the time,

tbh I think the original version of this thread was cleaned up as it had started to have nothing to do with the op's original request,

jeez its getting too hard to have laugh around here anymore :(

That is very hard to achieve.

The best person placed to moderate would be one who owns the receiver as they would have more experience. By having a receiver, the person is then seen as biased when they post positive things or equally moderate negative things wjhen they are not in context/appropriate.

In my opinion, Ellie has been fair and impartial. He has not prevented anyone from posting negative things about TM and their support. Nor has he been glorifying TM. Do we not remember him warning Dr Linux and also giving him infractions?

As with all mods, if they make decisions we think are wrong, we should approach Admin. Sometimes this has a result, sometimes not. Challenging them in public is not appropriate in my opinion.

Im just about to remove myself from this section
as I expressed earlier I have no interest in any TM receiver and will never own another so I have no knowledge of new receivers

I will however pass on my experiences if and where needed

@Ellie

The ONLY way to keep the threads truly impartial is to allow both sides of the argument to be expressed, not by company directors pretending to be someone else or trashing a competitor, and not by people who have never owned one and have never experienced it themselves. There's enough owners/ex-owners to put across on here to post accordingly without 3rd parties sticking their oar in. Also things don't need to go ott in these threads and as an ex-owner I'm guilty of doing this myself, but only because of provocation due to the failure of moderators to stop the corporate and allegiance trolls from winding things up.

I know for a fact (as most do) that Rat was unfortunate to have been caught in the middle of all this more than most people and has real reason to tell his side of the story for the very reason these threads exist............ to help any new victims/customers from spending their money on something without knowing the back story and being sucked into the lies that are attempted to be covered up all over the internet. The fact he is Admin should have NOTHING to do with him expressing his first hand account of experiences, and personally I think its an insult to accuse him of not carrying out his 'duties' properly because he has an opinion on something when his long standing contribution to the forum affirms his character.

If you want to make an announcement/press release from a party then announce it, lock it and sticky it. Don't act all surprised when people start talking about it.

In response to the usual stalling tactics from TM, here's an email I received from Richard 9 months ago, still x amount of years after making the mistake of buying a TM800 at full price.

In defense of recent happening.

i do respect your opinion to say what you think,
but forums should have rules not to damage any business unless they have 100% evidence against the company .Please understands tm has now 20 models, one of them do not make 19 other rubbish
also tm service has been at its best never undermined from day one till today nothing has changed.

as bellow we are flexible to each individual case ,any customer complain we deal with it on the minute and make sure user is happy .
story of tm-800 becoming like a religion has been repeated 1000s of times no point of doing again and again.Dealing direct is the best way.
we have said please please contact direct we will make sure you will get best service .
ok i am human and will react to some stupid non owner comment came from manic1 and i said tm-800 is dead but on 100s of posts i said we will improve reaming functions when tm-twin is finished
as you know what is left and dead line is given for the final beta image of tm-twin >>so it will not be long to start tm-800
--------
If you agree i have this idea,
Please create new post in dw forums asking bellow questions only we accept tm-800 owners non owners stay away your comments will be deleted,
also serial number required to make sure they do Owen it .from serial number we can find out they are ok or not.
if they do not want to write their serial number they can email you or tm

1-when did you buy and how much you paid
2-Did you buy direct from tm and when howmuch you paid,
3-As time has lapsed what do you like tm to do for you
4-As finishing of tm-twin getting closer tm-800 improvements will start very soon.

please reply if you agree
Best Regards,
Richard

I told him to fook off as I was not prepared to get dragged into his dirty work as many others have, and unfortunately been shafted.

Make the announcement if you like and lock it, but do the responsible thing and also point to existing posts with the warnings, if you've left any!

And finally, in your own words over the years, if you don't like the way things are then there's plenty of other forums you can frequent :)

The one thing about this forum was your freedom off speech it seems that is not the case anymore

Not having a dig or anything but just because people use the internet and post online be it DW, twitter or any other forum doesnt mean you have freedom of speach. You can and will be arrested for posting racial comments online if caught or reported, same goes for defamation of charachter the person can sue in court if they really wanted. No one can hide behind a username, so those who carry on about freedom speach might as well give up as there is no such thing anymore.

OK just realised I missed of whole page of posts but my post still applies, there is no longer any real such thing as freedom of speach be it on the internet or in the real world.

Also for those who want to continue sending emails to TM why dont you just follow the appropriate action which is to contact consumer direct? TM is trading as a legal UK business therefore trading standards applies so stop wasting your time with pointless emails and phone calls, if you want direct action. Follow the correct procedures, which is to log complaint with Consumer Direct, write a letter of complaint keep a copy, wait 28 days if no response forward further details to Consumer Direct.

This will get a lot more action then send countless number of emails. As soon as trading standards get involved you think TM are just going to ignore them?! I think not. I think everyone who has followed the correct procedure will get a better result than just moaning for the past 2 years. Anyway im off to bed peace!

Last edited:

If you highlight things that a receiver CAN do, youll get slated for 'not pointing out' what it cannot. If you continually point out things that a receiver cannot do, youll forget about the things that it CAN do.

IMO, and i said it at the time, there was 2 main things that started the TM800 crap that has snowballed and destroyed the 'community spirit' in the TM sections of DW

one of those things, was DR Linux himself, and the constant missed deadlines and broken promises, the other thing, and this is what has managed to drag it on for so long, was all of those who didnt actually own a tm800 getting involved, and this is probably why TM are asking for serial numbers before dealing with those speaking about issues

as an outsider lookining in as so to say.. i joined this great site back in 2005 for cable. now thats dead to us mere mortals i stayed around cos i enjoy reading.and trying to learn. i dont own any sat boxes what so ever. so maybe i shouldnt comment ? .tm spiderbox . i dont give a flying fook i havent bought either 1 .
i see post after post saying dont buy tm products .. which is fare if there not doing what they say on the box. but for dark man to come back time after time after being band for slagging them off. which is normally just when a new release is just round the corner for his interest. seems very odd to me . i understand this site is for ppl who love the hobby. wouldnt it be better to just not comment on a open forum and keep to pm's that way neither company would benefit ..from google.... but i will say "the truth" does seem to pop up just when there is a new box due out.. EVEN IF HE IS ON BEACH SOME WERE lol

you gotta read this PMSFL :Laugh: someone been on the heavy stuff the good Dr at his best :Laugh:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

lmao, what a tool. Where is that posted? If only he put that much effort into things in the first place.

@jimmyp this will be my last post on dw so you can be happy. I don't see why your bitterness in not being begged to stay as a mod should be taken out on me all the time but it doesn't msatter I won't need to read your crap anymore.

@rat you as an admin helped to trash this thread, as an admin you should be ashamed of yourself for your behaviour, with admin like you the site will continue to die as it has for the last year or so.

I used to be proud to be a member here but now it's just become an embarassment with even admin taking threads off thread even after it has been cleaned up once.

Been feeling the site has been going to sh!t for a while now it's been confirmed.

I would like to apologise to the op he was trying to do the right thing but with a mod who never owned a box and an admin that no longer has a box trashing threads for fun he has wasted his time.

For the record I still own the tm800hd that rat convinced me was such a good buy and a test tmtwin, The test twin is because I would have given an honest report on the boxs but I can see now that if I dare to give an honest report gsmtech and rat will trash that thread as well. Their unfettered bias and hatred against all things tm is quite sickening.

Wonder how long this post will stay up and visible :roflmao:

I think the point ellie is trying to make is that the Staff should remain unbiased and impartial,

We all know the problems TM owners have had and now its time to let TM sort it out,or not, and we need to move on and try to keep the site running in such a way as not to put people of posting, regardless whether they have a TM stb or a Spiderbox or any particular type of box,

As for DM being banned I would have to agree and would do the same if Dr linux or one of his aliases signs up again,
these guys,although sometimes telling the truth and making the odd valid point,are traders/commercial sellers and manafacturers,and we are not here to help line their pockets.

lol.......

@jimmyp this will be my last post on dw so you can be happy. I don't see why your bitterness in not being begged to stay as a mod should be taken out on me all the time but it doesn't msatter I won't need to read your crap anymore.

@rat you as an admin helped to trash this thread, as an admin you should be ashamed of yourself for your behaviour, with admin like you the site will continue to die as it has for the last year or so.

I used to be proud to be a member here but now it's just become an embarassment with even admin taking threads off thread even after it has been cleaned up once.

Been feeling the site has been going to sh!t for a while now it's been confirmed.

I would like to apologise to the op he was trying to do the right thing but with a mod who never owned a box and an admin that no longer has a box trashing threads for fun he has wasted his time.

For the record I still own the tm800hd that rat convinced me was such a good buy and a test tmtwin, The test twin is because I would have given an honest report on the boxs but I can see now that if I dare to give an honest report gsmtech and rat will trash that thread as well. Their unfettered bias and hatred against all things tm is quite sickening.

bye bye now, dont let the door hit you ass on your way out, you might like it : big crow :feck:

Finally seen sense and took the plunge , my bitterness about being begged not to stay lol if you remeber i choose to step down something you should have done aswell but as i see you are in TM's pocket then that truly justifies my claim that you cant be unbiased.

As for your personal outbursts againt Admin / Mods and previous mods it just proves to the whole forum you are not fit to be in the postion you hold and hopefully will be replaced pronto.

The site will only get better now as you wont be around to clean up/ban people for there freedom of speech .

I wont reply to anymore off your posts as you are now invisible to me im sure if anyone wants you then you can be seen hanging around at technomates offices good riddance to bad rubbish

I see its been updated :) and personally aimed at me now, how professional from a director

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I was given a Twin and Ive never denied that I was, I even put it up for sale here when there was confusion if it was released or not as the date kept changing
before the finger is pointed at me for having a free twin., how many more were given away ? I know of at least 10 ;)

well you win :) Ill keep out of this section there are plenty of others that can advise other than me if they wish

Last edited:
What an Ill considered action. You would think the approach would have been one of progress and conciliation.

Back