Attention tm800hd owners

squig007

DW Member +
Reaction score
Technomate would like to know what problems users are having. They have asked for the feedback to go to [email protected]
They have asked also to provide serial number and copy off purchase order. They wish to find out exactly how many customers are unhappy with the 800 and what problems they are having. I would ask If anyone does take time to do this that they also post here that they have done so and also post what reply they get in order to keep a tally."

Re: tm800 deal?

i have just had a lengthy conversation with richard owner of TM . Basically he wants to get this problem sorted out once and for all and wants to move on and put things right. So anyone who wants to get something sorted please contact TM either on [email protected] or +44 (0)20 8884 0701 they geuinely want to help everyone who has a problem with their machines .

squig007

Mine is just a sync problem i have emailed them seceral times with NO answer, rubbish support!!

You can always ring Richard direct on 020 8884 0259
This is not the service desk it is Richards number, he is a director of the company.
He is contactable outside of shop hours on this number.

Update
From Richard.
Tm do not want serial number or mac address or invoice

Tm-800 owners can ring or write an email with their problem if we cannot fix it then we will find other solution.
So anyone with issues ring TM/Richard.

Just to add, I cannot see why DM has been banned again.
Worse things are said on here by lots of members without being banned.

More than likely the "other solution" will be a partial trade in against the Twin or anothr TM reciever...In this way they will attempt to silence anyone who's complaining and unltimately never bother to fix the TM800.
Or if it's only a small amount of people complianing you'll probbaly get ignored completely...or given some more TM BS...

I would imagine after all this time original buyers who truly had real reason to have the hump and who paid a premium price, have more than likely sold them on

A lot were bought and sold on by traders who don't give a damn once off loaded

In all honesty I wouldent expect many to email TM at all

People will forget and new people will buy until they get stung again
Eventually they will learn and advise others to buy a better more reliable brand

We hope

Re: Attention tm800hd owners (cleanedup)

Well i emailed hime with this -
Hi

I have been informed that you wish to know what problems people are having with the TM800HD, i do own one of these boxes for about a year now and my problems are

Recording from internal does not work correctly with a hdd bigger than 120gb
Nearly all Enigma 2 plugins do not work unless they have been modified by someone including skins
Speach Sync issuses on HD Channels

Web interface does not work correctly

Lets see what does happen i'am not going to get my hopes up though.

with another mod and and admin both taking the thread off thread again I give up.
We are not unbiased here but anti tm.
I give up how can we expect the members to behave when mods and admins are so biased.
a year ago it was to pro tm and now it is anti tm.
We are supposed to be UNBIASED.
I used to be proud to be a member but now I can see we are just the same as other sites.

Is anything I said untrue ?

Ive said all along I truly hope the TM800 owners get the working image they deserve, but that dont change how unfairly treated and blatantly lied too I/we feel we are/were treated

maybe I am biased thats because I dont like being taken for a fool and lead up the garden path

manic01;2158054 Just to add said:
i agree whats the point in banning dm/bobi/truth if he,s just going to be allowed to re-join again in another name somewhere down the line! i for one enjoy his ramblings as they make me laugh,regards mdt

Theres nothing biased about telling the truth...is what I posted not exactly what TM did with the majority of people who moaned about the TM800 ? Either blamed user error, after this didnt work they wasted time till the Twin was ready for release and offered some people freebie boxes to shut them up, offered everyone else a trade in against the Twin.
If they actually do fix the TM800 and get it running on par with a say a DM800Se with all E2 plugins compatible and all internal hard disk sizes working then fair play...but I doubt this will happen...
As far as dm/bobi/truth being banned, he may be involved with a rival brand..but I doubt a TM800 is likely to be competition for his product line...he did in this case present some intresting info...regarding the pay server serial number/MAC stuff...

I think the point ellie is trying to make is that the Staff should remain unbiased and impartial,

We all know the problems TM owners have had and now its time to let TM sort it out,or not, and we need to move on and try to keep the site running in such a way as not to put people of posting, regardless whether they have a TM stb or a Spiderbox or any particular type of box,

As for DM being banned I would have to agree and would do the same if Dr linux or one of his aliases signs up again,
these guys,although sometimes telling the truth and making the odd valid point,are traders/commercial sellers and manafacturers,and we are not here to help line their pockets.

to be perfectly honest I dont give 2 hoots about TM as a company

I do care that someone could buy a receiver they will later regret but its too late as they have spent there money (ive been there, I know how it feels)

and have lined another couple of hundred quid in TMs pocket

if me being staff means I cant post openly and honestly then things have changed

the spiderboxes worked by their mac address connecting to a CS server from day 1, i told LOADS of people how to get their 'gift' back by spoofing the MAC address, and, itll probably still be possible now, just needing a new MAC address range

but, what good is connecting a receiver to a server if its not working in the first place? wether its being connected by a direct CS 'line' or via the same form of MAC filtering server that a lot of 'closed' type receivers use?

Nothing wrong with posting openly and honestly m8,

But if you look at it from a outsiders eyes,it now looks like we are completely anti TM,whereas not that long ago we looked like we were in cahoots with them,

Personally I dont give a flying **** about them or there boxes,
but we still need not to scare off users who have had the misfortune to purchase one,because they wil be the next generation of members,hopefully,
the last thing you need to see,as a newbie,is thread after thread of bad feelings about these boxes,when you have just unwittingly bought one,

Thats just my opinion and my view on what ellie was trying to say,
I could be wrong and I apologise if it offends anybody.

The one thing about this forum was your freedom off speech it seems that is not the case anymore

Maybe certain mods believe they are admin and vice versa.
Maybe too many have got too close to the subject.
Which ever way you look the sat section here is dying imo.

most people come to DW because they ALREADY HAVE the equipment, and they use google, and as most tutorials can either be found ON DW, or via pdf format where ive put the DW url at the bottom, they find themselfs here, looking to be helped.

a few weeks back, a question was asked, and it involved changing / updating the bootloader, which then turned into a multipage slating of everything TM, i helped the guy via PM, with a simple 3 messages back and fore, explaining how to do it, while everyone else was so busy shouting about everything thats happened

someone had EXACTLY the same problem with a Vu+ duo, and he was told update the bootloader, reflash, and try again, it was all over an less than 6 posts

ive always had the attitude that i want to help, if i cannot help with the OP, i generally stay out of things, i could rattle off a long list of 'stings' that people have fallen for over the years, all originating from the same one persons site, and his latest statement of

'Mate i do not have any more interest even in Spiderbox any more'

just shows how dedicated to his customers 'aftercare' he really is, in a few months time, something 'new and improved' will be out, and anyone who complains on that site about whats happened to them in the past, will be banned and erased from the historybooks, and following this post, ill receive another threat of some sort to add to my collection

if youre going to post something to HELP somebody with an issue theyre having, or to try and resolve something, then its all good, but posting stuff just to make things worse, ends up in yet another closed thread

ive seen 2 forums now refering to a thread turning into a witch hunt over nothing and being dragged down as 'that thread is doing a DW' :(

Back