Arghh this is doing my head in

Erm lol... oh shit.. I got my 4 sms msgs but no credit... does it auto register?

I think I have now updated it!!

I registered mine by sending text and then unlocked it straight off... Took a few days to register but went through in the end.

Hey, did you make a backup of your pre installed stock firmware before installing the custom ROM ?!?!?!?!?!

Nope just followed the video, didnt mention anything backing up the stock firmware but im guessing everyones the same? Did you back it up by any chance lol

Last edited:
Nope just followed the video

Lol, well, no matter really. Just that it's good practice. You can download a copy of the Orange stock ROM off Modaco.

You need to wipe your phone now... You know how to do that?

Lol, well, no matter really. Just that it's good practice. You can download a copy of the Orange stock ROM off Modaco.

You need to wipe your phone now... You know how to do that?

erm no but I think i was it in recovery manager... but it wants me to sign into google first.

erm no but I think i was it in recovery manager... but it wants me to sign into google first.

Don't bother doing that yet, do the wipe first.

>Boot into recovery

> Wipe Data/ Factory Reset

> YES

> Wipe Cache Partition

> YES

> Reboot System now

Then log into google and set up your phone as you like

And welcome to the club mate ;)

Booting into recovery is that done by press down whilst powering on?

Booting into recovery is that done by press down whilst powering on?

Yes. In Swedish Spring there is also an app in the app draw called Extra Settings with a cogs icon. You can reboot into recover just by pressing the option in that app too....

Think im sorted now, all data wiped... So whats next, setup wifi again. Do I have to install superuser thing all over?

Think im sorted now, all data wiped... So whats next, setup wifi again. Do I have to install superuser thing all over?

No. Superuser is pre installed. You might have to reinstall Recovery Manager and that so you can backup your phone and install future ROMs. But apart from that, you basically start installing apps and playing about

How do you mount sd it keeps going into usb debugging mode?

Need to also figure out how to transfer my contacts from my nokia n97 to this

Need to also figure out how to transfer my contacts from my nokia n97 to this

On your Nokia, transfer them to memory card, then put the memory card into the san fran etc, etc, etc... The sync them with your google account so they will always be backed up and safe in 'the cloud'

What other cool things can I do with this? Any suggestions on apps etc?

stupid zombies is a cracking game i would highly recomend it, keep you entertained for hours!

Surprised no official bbc iplayer... Facebook is much better on here than on my n97... Got find a nice weather app. Already installed XBMC remote... Just stuck my o2 sim in now so need to get correct data settings.

Im liking android!

there is a bbc i player mate i have it installed

i would also suggest

advanced task killer
fast uninstaller
bbc footy focus
applanet
titanium backup
angry frogs

Last edited:
Surprised no official bbc iplayer... Facebook is much better on here than on my n97... Got find a nice weather app. Already installed XBMC remote... Just stuck my o2 sim in now so need to get correct data settings.

Im liking android!

You can't see it in the Market because it is not compatible with the San Fran because Flash isn't compatible with the San Fran.

No flash? So doesnt youtube work?

Yes, download the YouTube app, it utilises HTML5 rather than Flash to play. The CPU in the San Fran is called an ARM6, which Adobe has chosen not to support.

Back