Arghh this is doing my head in

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Not as straight forward as I hoped. Cant seem to get into app shop bloody modaco forum is so confusing.

How can I install file browser? Everytime I go to app shop says cant use wifi and my orange sim hasnt had its free credit on it yet.

If you have unlocked it can you not use another sim card?

have you not got a file browser already on your phone mate, what phone you using! can you access the market!

It wont connect to app shop even with different sim

I think I know why!! I was trying to connect to orange app shop instead of android market

Heres Root file Explorer if it helps
how would he install that without a file manager to install the file manager, i was gunna post astro, but he wouldnt be able to install if he couldnt browse with a file manager to find the file manager, lmao! :proud:

Ok in market thing... Can I do it all throught the fone now or do I have still download and transfer to sd/>

just download astro file manager mate!

im in recovery manager... I dont have msn anymore because it screws with my network shares...

Opened up recovery manager, and super user access granted... went to recovery tab... pressed install recovery... finds files but then says:

Currently installed recovery:
unrecognised

should I ignore it and go on to the firmware part now?

how would he install that without a file manager to install the file manager, i was gunna post astro, but he wouldnt be able to install if he couldnt browse with a file manager to find the file manager, lmao! :proud:

It comes with a basic file manager out of the box pmsl :proud:

Can also be done through pc using Android Commander ;)

im in recovery manager... I dont have msn anymore because it screws with my network shares...

Opened up recovery manager, and super user access granted... went to recovery tab... pressed install recovery... finds files but then says:

Currently installed recovery:
unrecognised

should I ignore it and go on to the firmware part now?

I had the same issue.

Make sure WiFi or 3g is enabled.

Then open Recovery Manager.

Press the menu button and then press the Update Database icon and let it update.

Then try and install the recovery image.

Install firmware now... Jeez this is confusing lol

BTW Bally. Just a thought but I hope you registered your Orange SIM before you unlocked it? The SIM can get rejected if you try and register on an unlocked phone.

Erm lol... oh shit.. I got my 4 sms msgs but no credit... does it auto register?

I think I have now updated it!!

Back