Are Indian Channels Available FTA??

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Afternoon All,

I'm new to the Satellite scene and have been asked by one of my neighbours if I could set-up a system for him cos he's had enough of Sly and noticed when he was at his cuzin's house up north that he had a motorised dish and a dm500s which he was getting all the channels he needed without paying a sub!! A professional installed the kit for his cuzin and charged him quite a packet, I been doing some reading and was hoping for some direction before I commit myself to helping the neighbour out, may even be a good educational experience for me considering the way the nthell scene is going!

The channels my neighbour is after are:- star plus, star news, zee tv, b4u, sony max and colors primarily, also any channels that'll show the fottie and cricket would be a bonus too. I found the most commonly viewed in the UK are on the Astra 2/Eurobird 1 at 28.2 East and Hotbird at 13 East satellites.
I however found it hard to determine whether we could pick these channels he wants for free or would one need to buy a card to de-crypt these channels??? I read something about cams too which i found rather confusing :s

Would anyone be able to tell me if its possible to pick up the above mentioned channels for FREE using a motorised dish and dreambox or a technomate???

What I proposing on getting my neighbour is a 80cm motorised dish from fleabay for just under £100.00, the one on fleabay has a .02 lnb but i seen another for £115.00 which has a .06 lnb, can anyone elighten me upon the difference please??? Alongside this dish, I am proposing on getting his a dm500s from dx which is working out just under 50quid or if he wants a HD box, I was thinking about the technomate 6800 HD for £130, again from fleabay, with this box he could even pause, record etc.... live TV i'm sure too if he adds a storage device to it?? Does the use of a HD receiver require a special type of LNB to be attached to the dish???

Finally, I am assuming that once I've got my hands on one of the above mentioned receivers, that I would need to flash them with a certain type of image???

Thanks in advance for your time and help, any advise on this would be great.

Hi M8

You can get your Sat gear cheaper than that m8. Do a search for Wizard
sat and have a look at his prices. You can get a complete starters rig for
around 200 quid.

Fezzy.

All those channels are pay channels you won't be able to get them for free though colors has been fta for a few weeks now but will be encrypted soon.

On Eurobird 9E B4U has been fta for sometime now.

the only way your neighbour will get the channels he is after is either pay s*y or get a system with a lan socket and look for a c/s share pay or free(thats what the fellow in london has done) but you cant talk about it on 90 percent of sat/cable forums as its HIGHLY ILLEGAL so be carefull. if you really want to go down that route for your freind then id say get a tm 600 and a 90cm motorised dish which will cost about 200 pounds and then when the system is installed just use google and be prepared for hours and hours of reading.

Hi,

I also want all the indian channels. Can you get back to me with what you did pleasE?
Thanks
suzy

You get star plus,star gold and two other indian pay channels on 9e for free.

Good info here for 11 quid im happy to pay virgin, way more cheaper then sky for getting all the indian channels anyhow.

Ill say this about virgin there customers and contents very well suited for us indians lol

Back