Anyone used a pressure washer

hawkish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
looking to hire a pressure washer to clean the concrete around my house ano patio etc - anyone got any recomendations for hiring one please - there seems to be a lot of choice

for what they cost , i would go out an buy 1, ya can get them for as little as 50 quid, i got min a few year back for the same job, i use it to clean the van/car/wife etc etc

I agree with above hawkish, they probably cost less to buy than to hire and they do the job cos I have one for my blue circle garden.

Yep m8 for the price you'll be better of buying one, anything around 100-120bar will be good enough to clean the patio.
Karcher are among the best and expensive but they do come with a good range of spares.

Jst be careful when doing the car, the one we have is so bloody powerful it bubbled the paint the first time we used it.

Thanks everyone for that - some VERY usefull advice there too. I Got a Karcher from B&Q today as its 10% off today so it cost £99 as I went for the more powerfull one and have spent all afternoon pressure washing all sorts of stuff in my garden lol

Arent they fantastic - I dont know how ill live without one now

Thanks everyone for that - some VERY usefull advice there too. I Got a Karcher from B&Q today as its 10% off today so it cost £99 as I went for the more powerfull one and have spent all afternoon pressure washing all sorts of stuff in my garden lol

I got one from santa and after using it put it inside the garden shed with out making sure all the water was flushed out and it froze..went to use it next day and blew the seals., stupid fecker lol.

cheers

What model you get mate ?

defiantly a boys toy, its strangely therapeutic power washing anything........our front is all brick and house is north facing so a fair bit of the drive never gets sun so the mos comes back most years, but a couple of hours with power washer sorts it..the mrs says she cant see the difference between power washing and hoovering i told her i do outside.. :)

Wouldn't be without my Karcher, I'm on my second one after my first one died a death. (2nd hand). Brings the garden, drive etc up a treat. Watch it around any painted/old sheds or suchlike, it'll strip the paint off or rip the old wood off...!!! :oops:

Lent it to Dad a few months back, and I can't get the bleddy thing back now!

If you do use them on the car, tip... make sure the windows are FULLY UP before ya blast it i've made that mistake a few times , windows was only open a gnats knacker and whole of inside was covered in a wet mist lol.
also flaking paint/rust spot some powerfull ones will take off the paint if its flaking.

Back