Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

Teaf, I'm back up and running! Thanks so much!

Just installed V3, what image would be recommended - (Has anyone been bombed since installing v3?)

It's the firmware of the box, there is also a v3.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have in flash bh 2.0.6 Master date 20.09.2013.
no change image :)

Teaf, I'm back up and running! Thanks so much!

Just installed V3, what image would be recommended - (Has anyone been bombed since installing v3?)

I installed ViX 3.0-808 onto the box which has drivers 12/12/2013 which is perfectly safe. With the v3 update newer images don't brick the box but they can't be used as they either stop the box booting if the sat feed is installed or if you remove the feed, let the box boot up and then connect the box just doesn't work properly.

I installed ViX 3.0-808 onto the box which has drivers 12/12/2013 which is perfectly safe. With the v3 update newer images don't brick the box but they can't be used as they either stop the box booting if the sat feed is installed or if you remove the feed, let the box boot up and then connect the box just doesn't work properly.

Hi, so the v3 update will stop the box being bricked with newer images, but wont boot, but can reflash patched image ?

Thanks

Use the file I have uploaded first then any safe image

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Hi, so the v3 update will stop the box being bricked with newer images, but wont boot, but can reflash patched image ?

Thanks

Yes as far as I've read, not tried this myself yet as my kids are going overtime with watching stuff on the box that they've had queued up for the month that the box has been out of action :)

thanks gets confusing , so why have sunray made images, i thought the sunray vu solo 2 , even if bricked can be recovered by its usb connection ,

Lorisun solo 2 have a v3 update , so newer images wont brick it, just wont boot up, so can just flash older driver/patched image and away you go again !

Teaf... Any reason why I plug in my usb with media on... The vu doesn't recognise it? It was the same before the flash went down too. Strange

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Teaf... Any reason why I plug in my usb with media on... The vu doesn't recognise it? It was the same before the flash went down too. Strange

Is the USB in NTFS format?

If so then you need to install the following packages. Copy over the file to the box using DCC to /tmp. Then use the blue button, Vix and the select Install local extension. Then install the packages in the following order:

libfuse2
libntfs
ntfs-3g

You should then be able to read the contents of an NTFS USB attached drive.

Attachments

• ntfs-3g_2011.4.12-r0_mips32el.ipk
    49.7 KB · Views: 1
  • libntfs-3g81_2011.4.12-r0_mips32el.ipk
    166.4 KB · Views: 1
  • libfuse2_2.8.6-r1_mips32el.ipk
    52.1 KB · Views: 3
For whatever reason, it still doesn't work.

For whatever reason, it still doesn't work.

You might need to give the box a restart. Also the message that appears saying no media just means it couldn't find any in I think either the root of the drive of in a folder called Movies. Open up the media player, then press the yellow button for Locations and change to the drive and then browse around and see what you can see?

I didn't try that. I know when I open up plugins and look at the media scanner, the drive doesn't come up. Shows internal flash.. Hdd etc.

I have just replaced new chip in solo2 ,everything started to work fine.i tried to put clone safe firmware on,i have tried different images,the box says its updating,then just goes to black hole splash screen.then stuck on starting.do I need to update anything so the box takes flash,or could it be the chip.got me stumped a bit.everthing looks fine goes through the process of flashing image,quite fast tbh,then stuck on starting,anyone have any tips to get the box booting,have tried old images.

I have just replaced new chip in solo2 ,everything started to work fine.i tried to put clone safe firmware on,i have tried different images,the box says its updating,then just goes to black hole splash screen.then stuck on starting.do I need to update anything so the box takes flash,or could it be the chip.got me stumped a bit.everthing looks fine goes through the process of flashing image,quite fast tbh,then stuck on starting,anyone have any tips to get the box booting,have tried old images.

Try this image:

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-s...01-anyone-got-chinese-vu-395.html#post2427099

It should help because already 2 people helped with this one whom stuck on "starting"

thankyou for your help,i tried the image you suggested,everthing goes well,says update complete on box,then still blackhole splash screen then sticks on starting,do you think chip needs reflowing,its just I thought it would not update if chip was not correct.thanks again.

@johnss could you please open the hood make a CLEAR as possible picture of ure soldered Chip and upload it here...We have soldering gurus like @IAmATeaf and @zomi they could see if its good or not

Last edited by a moderator:
its a friends box so I cant get to it right away mate,i will post up pics as soon as I can get to it

Back