Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

Remember peeps that the latest drivers you can use are 24/12/2013, so if you're having problems with things not working then they are worth giving a go.

Normal installation is to unpack them and copy them over to the drivers folder (/lib/modules/3.3.8-2.0/extra) on the box overwritting the existing files, might be also worth making a backup of your existing drivers in case you want or need to go back to them.

Attachments

• vuplus-dvb-modules-vusolo2-3.3.8-4.4.3-20131224.tar.gz
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
So your whole reasoning for not buying a VU clone is you want to buy a genuine, overpriced, closed source (E3 allegedly ) dreambox?

Why did you not just buy a genuine VU in the first place?

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using Tapatalk

I have aGenuine Vu duo2,i hade a genuine Vu solo2,but sent it few times for repair,i did get those wheels and no matter witch image i puted,it didnt change anything,and 3 times Vu send it back to me saying nothing wrong with the unit,must be ure network they said,then i bought a solo2 clone and it worked perfect!!!No wheels nothing,just perfect!!I sold the genuine and keept the clone and bought another Clone mini,it stays near my Estar Sim DMM 800HD se;-)...So nothing bad about the clones,but nothing goods about VU+ theire service sucks and they put rea;y,rea;y cheap equip in the boxes...Remeber the red light problem with the VU Duo?

But I realy realy like DMM they have somethings special,if they would made 800HD se with the specs of the Solo2,i would buy in a heartbeat!

600 euro for a dreambox.. No way. Reckon e3 will be hacked and made compatible with enigma 2 boxes? No idea with that stuff.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I have aGenuine Vu duo2,i hade a genuine Vu solo2,but sent it few times for repair,i did get those wheels and no matter witch image i puted,it didnt change anything,and 3 times Vu send it back to me saying nothing wrong with the unit,must be ure network they said,then i bought a solo2 clone and it worked perfect!!!No wheels nothing,just perfect!!I sold the genuine and keept the clone and bought another Clone mini,it stays near my Estar Sim DMM 800HD se;-)...So nothing bad about the clones,but nothing goods about VU+ theire service sucks and they put rea;y,rea;y cheap equip in the boxes...Remeber the red light problem with the VU Duo?

But I realy realy like DMM they have somethings special,if they would made 800HD se with the specs of the Solo2,i would buy in a heartbeat!

Fair enough so :)

I still wouldn't pay for a genuine DM unless they dropped their prices considerably though ;)

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using Tapatalk

Unfortunaly dont count on that DMM will drop their prices...They are real stubburn and didnt learned theire lesson...But on the other hand,they know that people are going to buy theire boxes,so i dont think they will be hurt to mutch..

Well i aint knowing a lot but i know 100% that somebody is going to buy one!And thats the Chinese to make a lot of clones;-)

With the c.s situation being what it is...all box sales are going to drop off from the UK.
I was going to buy a couple of new boxes but no point now....A bad time to launch new boxes for uk anyway.

UK bad but still strong in dome parts of EU. I heard in Germany and Holland no issues with 3rd party boxes so demand may well be strong there

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I hope it's not from the eBay seller starting with z? He's seems to be selling other boxes and the fact that he's not got any pics of the inards make me suspicious.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

aye that's the one, well I'll find out in a day or two.

UK bad but still strong in dome parts of EU. I heard in Germany and Holland no issues with 3rd party boxes so demand may well be strong there

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

In Holland we cant get Sly UK Premiere and Sci/Fi Horror anymore......German Sly works till now...but i am affraid...not for long..;-(

What the sd channels aren't working either?

I am not correct in saying that in the UK the SD channels should be ok for a while yet??

Yeah I'm not at home. Just it wasn't clear if it was hd or sd. But yeah... HD is down on those.

Yeah I'm not at home. Just it wasn't clear if it was hd or sd. But yeah... HD is down on those.

option is to ram a usb cable tuner in your vu solo2 clone to get hd.

yeah I do although got a separate box for it, dm800c, would love to get it working on vu solo2 but heard usb tuners are hit and miss

Not heard of any problems..only heard of problems with USB tuners.fitting a DVB-C tuner wont cause you any problems with solo2 but is a different set up as you know..

Not heard of any problems..only heard of problems with USB tuners.fitting a DVB-C tuner wont cause you any problems with solo2 but is a different set up as you know..

I am sure we will get a lot more people trying usb tuners eventually once s*y is off and people jumping ship on vermin servers.

Back