Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

Hi

I replace flash from china my box about 2 weeks ago and yesterday i get freezing video restart box power and get only red light.
My box dead again why ?
I write safe BH image ?
Any idea ?

br

Oeeiiii!Could you please tell us witch "safe image" you hade on ure box,was it from oure downloads..?

Edit:would be verry strange because oure safe imgages are all with "safe" drivers from 13/12/13...

Yes for me too very strange i write safe BH and my box dead again.
What image prever to write next time ?
I again replace flash and want write good safe image.

br

Hi

I replace flash from china my box about 2 weeks ago and yesterday i get freezing video restart box power and get only red light.
My box dead again why ?
I write safe BH image ?
Any idea ?

br

If the image isn't the problem then maybe it's the flash chip itself. Check the legs to see if they look OK but to be honest it will be difficult given that they are so small so it might be worth simply reflowing the solder on the legs?

EDIT: Just seen your post above, have you actually replaced the flash and did it fix the problem?

Could you please point us the image you have used whats got ure box bricked?You can copy/paste the link to the image

if you have a dry joint you will experience the bricked symptoms too.
maybe you had a weak joint on one of the legs..

If you are able check the used legs for continuity..

what i always do is make a picture with my Phone,then i check all the legs,by making the picture bigger,try that mate

need multimeter with probes needle like probes and check for continuity..
You can't substitute that for pictures..
A picture will never show you a dry joint..

Does sound like a dry joint doesn't it?

The heat of the box has probably caused a weak/dry joint or joints to become unreliable, I noticed that there was more of a chance of this happening if you used heat to remove the chip and then used heat and only the existing solder when replacing the chip.

I really need some advice,
I got the chip this week and took the box tho a local manufacturer here in town, that does mainboards with fine soldering. I just picked it up hoping it would work, but there seems to be a problem. At first start, using only power and a yellow rca cable to tv I got the blackhole logo and h/w error on the vfd display. I thought that would be normal, the chip probably has only the bootloader and no image. So I downloaded a safe image from here to flash it with, choose the "VU+ Solo2 Clone Openpli 4.0 Safe Image" and with that it is tuck at "Starting..." and as before shows me the logo at first (now using HDMI). Because of download limitation on this site I couldn't try any other images so I looked for an old blackhole image, and downloaded 1.7.9 (just to try) and it is the same, it is stuck on "Starting..." But it has a different logo on the tv, so the flashing seems to work. I've tried 2 usb sticks, the same ones I used to flash with in the past, and flashed it about 5 times now, always the same. The soldering looks really good. But before I try something drastic I would really appreciate some advise.

I really need some advice,
I got the chip this week and took the box tho a local manufacturer here in town, that does mainboards with fine soldering. I just picked it up hoping it would work, but there seems to be a problem. At first start, using only power and a yellow rca cable to tv I got the blackhole logo and h/w error on the vfd display. I thought that would be normal, the chip probably has only the bootloader and no image. So I downloaded a safe image from here to flash it with, choose the "VU+ Solo2 Clone Openpli 4.0 Safe Image" and with that it is tuck at "Starting..." and as before shows me the logo at first (now using HDMI). Because of download limitation on this site I couldn't try any other images so I looked for an old blackhole image, and downloaded 1.7.9 (just to try) and it is the same, it is stuck on "Starting..." But it has a different logo on the tv, so the flashing seems to work. I've tried 2 usb sticks, the same ones I used to flash with in the past, and flashed it about 5 times now, always the same. The soldering looks really good. But before I try something drastic I would really appreciate some advise.

I suggest you find and try open vix 3.802..

It should have booted off the chip as it was installed..
It has a full image flashed onto it from chinese.

I would ask them to recheck the points maybe ..

@ everyone.
after fitting the chip if it does not boot
or it doesn't work properly
more than likley its an issue with the soldering..

I've just uploaded vix 3.0-808 to the site today but to me it sounds like a problem with the flash chip. Take some in focus pics of each side of the chip and post them here.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I took these today before I installed the mainboard. The focus isn't very good. I will have to wait until after midnight to download the vix image to test, cant find it anywhere but here. After that I will be checking the legs. Hope the multimeter doesn't damage the chip.

IMG_1304.JPGIMG_1305.JPG

From the pics it looks good to me. I think that's the first samsung replacement chip I've seen, thought everybody wee getting toshiba.

If you look at the first picture, it does not look like the solder has flowed all the way onto the motherboard pads, they may be a connection underneath but can you get hold of a multimeter and do a continuity test ( checking of an electric circuit to see if current flows between the chip legs and the motherboard pads) if not take it back to whoever done it and ask them to do one for you, it only takes a few minutes.

I've just uploaded vix 3.0-808 to the site today but to me it sounds like a problem with the flash chip. Take some in focus pics of each side of the chip and post them here.

where is it i dont seem to be able to find it...

Back