Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

We had a lot of situations were units didnt booted cause of missoldering...

thankyou will check it out tomorrow thankyou for your time .

Exactly the same problem as I have. I have tried to touch up the soldering with no change, also tested the conductivity between the legs and the pads which was ok. Waiting now for the second chip to be put in. Would be interesting to see the log from your box while its trying to start, if you have a null-modem serial cable to read it. My log reported a lot of bad blocks on the flash chip.
I sent my supplier in China the log and asked to have it checked by their engineers, if they had the answers to the problem, if its a bad chip or bad soldering. I also suspect damage due to static, when handling or from shipping. My chips were sent just naked taped to a thick paper. No antistatic bag or anything. And mine came in a box with other things with DHL that could have been x-rayed in the safety check.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just purchased a faulty clone box, the info in this tread is brill and hopefully will enable me to a successful repair. Ill keep you updated. I have a solo clone and have no issues thus far.

I'm thinking of getting myself one of these and from what I can see there are two possibilities to choose from:-

1. Solo 2 Clone (with v3/v3.1 already included)
2. Sunray Solo 2 Clone (with USB v2 Encryption system)

Has anyone got any recommendations and/or maybe the pros/cons of each one.

I would like to install the latest VIX image that's reasonably possible but I shall, of course, use clone safe images (where possible) and chattr the drivers as an extra safety measure to make it harder to suffer from a clone bomb in future (although no guarantees but there never is any guarantees).

From what I've read on this forum the sunray looks the better one to choose.

Thanks all in advance.

I have just purchased a faulty clone box, the info in this tread is brill and hopefully will enable me to a successful repair. Ill keep you updated. I have a solo clone and have no issues thus far.

I hope it's not from the eBay seller starting with z? He's seems to be selling other boxes and the fact that he's not got any pics of the inards make me suspicious.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I would wait a while before making any more clone safe vix images as a new image will be along soon.

helios didnt last long !

Vix team are always innovating and wanting to provide the best possible up to date image with implemented changes..Its why i like vix so much..
Their image is always on the ball..
No i am not batting for the other side i just like vix images.

Vix team are always innovating and wanting to provide the best possible up to date image with implemented changes..Its why i like vix so much..

me too always liked vix, first time i tried it, was very pleased how the epg was already built in and never looked back ! would love to get youtube app working on solo 2 clone would be great !

I'm thinking of getting myself one of these and from what I can see there are two possibilities to choose from:-

1. Solo 2 Clone (with v3/v3.1 already included)
2. Sunray Solo 2 Clone (with USB v2 Encryption system)

Has anyone got any recommendations and/or maybe the pros/cons of each one.

I would like to install the latest VIX image that's reasonably possible but I shall, of course, use clone safe images (where possible) and chattr the drivers as an extra safety measure to make it harder to suffer from a clone bomb in future (although no guarantees but there never is any guarantees).

From what I've read on this forum the sunray looks the better one to choose.

Thanks all in advance.

Definitely the sunray solo2, there ie a recognised team behind their products (sim2 team) with a track history and their own support forum.
This Reciever also has a mini USB service port which can be used to update the security module and supposedly restore the bootloader in the event of a bricked Reciever.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

me too always liked vix, first time i tried it, was very pleased how the epg was already built in and never looked back ! would love to get youtube app working on solo 2 clone would be great !

Tested all images and I have to agree ViX is the best image by far for me...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Vix 808 is good enough for me. The fact airplayer flawlessly works is a big bonus. Didn't work at all with helios.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back