Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

I just tried the "Open vix 3.802 solo2 clone safe image" and its the same, except that there is no startup logo anymore. I tried pressing down the flash during flashing and startup but just the same. The processor gets burning hot.

Next thing will be testing the soldering.

My supplier sent me 2 samsung chips, they have the same number, except for the first letters, was Samsung 319 K9F2G08UDC, but now Samsung 331 K9F2G08UDC

I realy think the picture is better then the other images,heres the link:

Impossible. Picture quality is controlled by the drivers, there is nothing you can put in the image other than drivers that could improve or degrade the picture quality.

I tested the pins on my new flash and they all seem to be connected. Maybe they damaged the flash with heat or I got a faulty one from my supplier. I'm going to have the second chip put in and see if that fixes the problem.

If anyone is interested, I recorded what the serial port on my solo spits out when trying to start. Seems obvious that there is something wrong with the flash chip, or the soldering.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1966/

Last edited by a moderator:
I tested the pins on my new flash and they all seem to be connected. Maybe they damaged the flash with heat or I got a faulty one from my supplier. I'm going to have the second chip put in and see if that fixes the problem.

If anyone is interested, I recorded what the serial port on my solo spits out when trying to start. Seems obvious that there is something wrong with the flash chip, or the soldering.

I can see the first 2 lines relating to UNC error but this is what I think is causing the problem

CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address e0fce030, epc == 8057372c, ra == e09735fc

which I think results in the later panic, it all depends on if what it is trying to access is on the flash chip or in RAM but I don't know enough to be able to tell.

EDIT: Crap, sorry for the double post, no idea what happened.

Hi can anyone with a changed chip and the solo2 still does not start please try and flash this file as I have been advised to flash this first and then any safe image

View attachment openvix-Helios.017-vusolo2_usb.rar

Hi can anyone with a changed chip and the solo2 still does not start please try and flash this file as I have been advised to flash this first and then any safe image

View attachment 81490

I tried this on mine, but it did not work either. I seem to have either a defective flash or a damaged mainboard :Mad2:

I tried this on mine, but it did not work either. I seem to have either a defective flash or a damaged mainboard :Mad2:

so sorry to hear about that when i got my mine back from console repairs it was working ok it appeared not be because he had forgotten to reconnect the ribbon cable for the display at first boot I inserted a usb with the above file on root then i installed helios 010 from AJT and every thing is fine I can even down load addons with the remote

If you get nothing on the display then there's point even trying to flash the box in my opinion.

If you get nothing on the display then there's point even trying to flash the box in my opinion.

unless like my repairer you have forgotten to reconnect the display ribbon cable it made him panic until this morning when he noticed he had taped the cable out of the way

I again replace flash box starting what i do this moment ?
Write safe image, drivers ?

Yes make sure you use a clone safe image with drivers no newer than 24/12/2013 for a v2 box or 06/11/2013 for a v1 box.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back