Anyone been banned

straw clutching i am......dreaming and wishing...lollo

Just had a thought (Clutching at another straw...lol) but has anyone on here been banned using ONLY an On-The-Fly patching chip and never used a modded firmware?

Something like the NME, Globe or Infectus? (You must have NEVER used a patched drive FW as we don't know how long M$ could have been 'flagging' boxes for the ban.

good point....intresting..

What about the people using downloaded games before they have been released ?

(we'll be able to fill a bucket up with these straws soon....)

Interesting.

How do these chips work mate?

...and can someone empty those straws out and fill the bucket with some beer.

Never actually used one and never read into them much as never really needed one before now.

From what I remember they just piggy back on the drive's origional FW and just patch the bits of code as and when needed.

Could be a possible way around M$ detecting the modded drive.... Depends on how they are doing the checks.

(Drinks everyone's drinks....lol Sorry peeps I was thirsty...lol) ;)

So it injects the security shit as and when it's requested?

And the backup appears to be 100% original on XBL, very nice.

I wonder if MS have a way of seeing the chip?

(goes back to bar for another round)

So it injects the security shit as and when it's requested?

And the backup appears to be 100% original on XBL, very nice.

I wonder if MS have a way of seeing the chip?

(goes back to bar for another round)

That's the jist I got as I remember it.

(I'd watch where you put those drinks :banana: ;))

EDIT: They probably can see it someway. All they would have to do is send a 'non-standard' request to the drive to see if it patches it to run.

Similar to how they detected the Chipped XBOX 1's. They used to send a small piece of unsigned code to the box and if it run it then BANG, down came Billy boy's ban hammer.....

Last edited:
HI

Just one more question

Is it true that people that have never had there xbox360 modded are also getting banned or is that just people telling porky pies ......

THANKS

people are saying that they have been banned and that they have never touched their 360's...... at this momen't they could all be talking rubbish.

I went on the orignal 360's forum and there's a thread saying have you been abnned and people are posting in there.

One moder posted that he had been banned and it didn't go down to well, so that would suggest that the people that have been banned are genuine....

well using samsung ms25 showing as ms 28

5.3 firmware

still on live son still playing it 6 hours later

saints row

wireless connection through router

pgr did ask to update
i declined

pgr did ask to update
i declined

Just Threw pgr in there as its one of only 2 games i really play online and no update from my end ?

You not played it for a while ? reason I'm asking as I was asked to update c&c earlier , yet asked a mate and his didn't need one :S

played on pgr the day before yesterday

only thing recent i have done is add the 120 hdd

maybe its that

people who have been banned and not modded their 360 it might be beacuse they have signed up for more than 1 live account claming the 1 month free trail? as this might go against m$ terms?

people who have been banned and not modded their 360 it might be beacuse they have signed up for more than 1 live account claming the 1 month free trail? as this might go against m$ terms?

havent been banned yet, i do have a moded 360, but i have just signed up for a 2nd free trial, ****.

havent been banned yet, i do have a moded 360, but i have just signed up for a 2nd free trial, ****.

dont worrie mate this is just a thought and prob not true as me and my missus have live account each on same console and not banned, well i havent been online for months.

still think m$ have shaffted them selves right up the sh*tter lol not the right time to do this espesialy after the launch of the ps3 this has got me thinkin of going over to the dark(ps3) side lol

seems to be a logical reason that is being reported on a few other sites, have read and see what u think , me for one i modded fw after i played online

Ok bare with me, This will be long and im tired, Been up most of the night collating info.

It seems that when you first power on your machine and play a game or logg onto Live that a "Finger Print" of your Machine is taken.

So when your drive is flashed the print has changed a little and your banned.

However I know a few peeps who are NOT banned who have played a copy of crackdown and the Halo 3 Beta, However they had thier boxes flashed before playing a game or logging into LIVE, Hence the finger print hasnt changed at all, NOT BANNED.

To add further fuel to my theory:

I know someone with an Elite, the dvd drive broke so as he couldnt send it to M$ he went to a shop and got it replaced with a NON flashed ben Q drive, Finger print changed now BANNED, He has never played a backup.

So guys hope that all makes sence, Please post what happend to you guys

Did you :
Flash before playing/logging onto Live or After

Are you :
Banned or not

ME? Well I played for a couple of months, then flashed, now BANNED.

Help me out guys am I right ??????

i played before flash, then flashed it and played live again, and still not banned.

good point you have there

i flashed my 360 the instant it came out of the box never even powered up before

have changed firmware a few times but only been online odd time before and it was a few months back

the only other thing i have done is the 120 gig hdd mod

the finger print must change as i modded a mates box who at the time was on live
hed made a back up of gow
tried to get online with it and couldnt connect to a game even though he was signed into live
had to format his hdd before it would actually connect to the game again
obviously flashing the drive changed something

seems to be a logical reason that is being reported on a few other sites, have read and see what u think , me for one i modded fw after i played online

Ok bare with me, This will be long and im tired, Been up most of the night collating info.

It seems that when you first power on your machine and play a game or logg onto Live that a "Finger Print" of your Machine is taken.

So when your drive is flashed the print has changed a little and your banned.

However I know a few peeps who are NOT banned who have played a copy of crackdown and the Halo 3 Beta, However they had thier boxes flashed before playing a game or logging into LIVE, Hence the finger print hasnt changed at all, NOT BANNED.

To add further fuel to my theory:

I know someone with an Elite, the dvd drive broke so as he couldnt send it to M$ he went to a shop and got it replaced with a NON flashed ben Q drive, Finger print changed now BANNED, He has never played a backup.

So guys hope that all makes sence, Please post what happend to you guys

Did you :
Flash before playing/logging onto Live or After

Are you :
Banned or not

ME? Well I played for a couple of months, then flashed, now BANNED.

Help me out guys am I right ??????

Well I can tell you this:
I bought my console on the Saturday, never opened it or even powered it up, never played any games as I had none.
Took it to my mates on the Sunday to be modded.
Got it home and played on Live with my backups for the first time.
I have happily been playing on Live ever since, untill the night I read all about the bannings. So I came off Live.

I read your post and liked your theory. I finally got the balls to put my 360 on Live to see if I had been banned or not:

The verdict:

BANNED.

Hope this helps.

Back