Anyone been banned

I've been following this on various forums, nobody seems to have a clue exactly what is going on yet, I hope you're right MONKey.

I bought a MS28 last weekend, took the spring update when the original firmware was on there and signed up for live with the original firmware. I then flashed it to 5.3 and played on Call of Duty 3 (Scene PAL release) on live all of last weekend and tried Spiderman 3 (Scene PAL release), Shrek The Third (Scene NTSC release) and Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 (Scene PAL release) in single player mode although the network cable was in so I may have been signed in to live, console was off from Monday night till last night and I havn't been banned yet.

My mate has a 78k drive, that was flashed with the first version of the prog to do it (sorry cant remember name of it as i mainly do samsungs). He's played pretty much every game, all scene or torrent releases (including the first release of crackdown that wasn't stealth patched). He hasn't played the demo of halo3 though. He's only been playing Call of Duty 3 (Scene PAL Release) and World Series of Poker Tournment of Champions 2007 (Scene PAL Release) on live over the last week or so, he hasn't played anything in single player mode as far as I know. He has been banned.

ok for the cause will list all my games and see if they are all stealth patched.

Just checked crackdown and it is.

stealthyg7.jpg

That's all good m8 but it won't help the cause any if your not prepared to go online and risk being banned....

It will however help yourself if it pans out to be true so you know which of your games you can't use online ;)

We need someone like myself that couldn't care less about the Live! service so if you do get banned it doesn't matter. They need a Sammy Stealth patched drive and ALL Stealth patched games to ensure that M$ haven't cought them out earlier using a NON-Stealth game.

Also if someone is able to do this they need to make sure that they haven't borrowed a buddies game that is NON-Stealth too.....

:)

this is what i've found out so far about stealth pacthed games in my collection

Any game that i have downloaded from the news groups have mostly NOT been stealth patched, but i did download crackdown and that is.

all the games that i have backed up my self are stealth patched.

pgr3 - yes
srow - no
tiger - yes
hitman - no
godfather - yes
pro evo - yes
burnout - no
lotr - no
the outfit - no
blazing angels - no
condemed - no
crackdown - yes

Sorry i guessed that they were all stealth patched.

But like i say i haven't played crackdown since the new dashboard update and i didn't get halo........the sarga continues.......

this is what i've found out so far about stealth pacthed games in my collection

Any game that i have downloaded from the news groups have mostly NOT been stealth patched, but i did download crackdown and that is.

all the games that i have backed up my self are stealth patched.

pgr3 - yes
srow - no
tiger - yes
hitman - no
godfather - yes
pro evo - yes
burnout - no
lotr - no
the outfit - no
blazing angels - no
condemed - no
crackdown - yes

Sorry i guessed that they were all stealth patched.

But like i say i haven't played crackdown since the new dashboard update and i didn't get halo........the sarga continues.......

Well at least you know for future reference which you can use on Live! should this pan out to be true ;)

yes mate......i'm sure there's loads of different things being said...i wonder if some one could call MS and see if they would be nice enough to tell us.....lolo

yes mate......i'm sure there's loads of different things being said...i wonder if some one could call MS and see if they would be nice enough to tell us.....lolo

I think M$'s new found friend Bunnie is the man we should be speaking with here.....lol

lolol...sounds funny man....but you lost me there.....saying that i am sitting here with a stinking hang over man, 10 cans of stella last night.....

can i test if im banned if i dont have a sub with them ? my 1 month free trial ran out the other day, what shall i do ?

i think you got that the wrong way round

I'm basing that on the fact that many people on xbox-scene are reporting having hacked firmware but only playing original games online, MS couldn't have detected a pirate game if they haven't played them online, so it must be the firmware they are looking for, ofcourse all this comes down to wether or not the people claiming this are actually telling the truth.

We need facts, there's too many silly wee boys telling porky pies at the minute, people are claiming all sorts of stuff.

has anyone played command and conquer? and not been banned from live? i have played crackdown and downloaded the latest patch for it and still not banned? im on 5.3a

Strange, coz I put 5.3d on it ;)

I think if you play with a NON-Stealth patched game they know your drive has been modified and down comes 'Billy Boys Ban Hammer'.

I've got plenty of games that aren't stealth patched, I play them all the time, still no ban here.

I also don't give a shit about getting banned, so if you want me to do any tests let me know, but as far as i can see the Stealth vs non stealth theory is wrong.

ms25 : FW5.3

Last edited:
nice one man....i guess were all coming up with things arn't we.... i can't understand why they would do the xbox scene and not windows xp, and all that........any way....i dunno

I've got plenty of games that aren't stealth patched, I play them all the time, still no ban here.

I also don't give a shit about getting banned, so if you want me to do any tests let me know, but as far as i can see the Stealth vs non stealth theory is wrong.

ms25 : FW5.3

Ahh well, thought I may of been onto something there.....

(That's another spanner you've thrown in for me witchy2k1 ;) lol)

it's looking a bit like the sammys made in march 2006.......another straw clutching sentance...lol

it's looking a bit like the sammys made in march 2006.......another straw clutching sentance...lol

PMSL, I love it mate :) :)

But if we didn't suggest anything then we wouldn't be able to rule them out.

Here's a positive suggestion. Maybe there's a 'homebrew' hack coming up that will give us all full access to the 360, thus allowing people to cheat on Live! so M$ decided to start banning now :)

some people are saying it's the serial number of the machine.....maybe a serial spoofer.....

some people are saying it's the serial number of the machine.....maybe a serial spoofer.....

That's how M$ are 'enforcing' the bans. Even if you could spoof the serial you would currently just get banned again.

And something tells me the serial number will be 'signed' some way or another.

Back