any welders about

Magnu420

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys ive been given a gas less mig welder summat like this >>> Welcome to Screwfix
i havnt had a proper look at it but i do know its the same wire when the guy got the welder (mild steel)

now im after doing a bit of welding on some stainless steel,i know the wire is not subtable for stainless
steel,ive figuired im needing the stainless type wire

i presume im needing flux core stainless steel mig wire ???? and what price am i looking at (only need a small roll)

is it hard to weld stainless steel ??

ive done a bit of stick welding and gas welding and very little of mig welding

Im sure when you weld stainless steel you need a respirator

It's about 10.00 per roll on nozama. The only thing you may need is a good wire brush to clean the weld up. It does tend to look a little black after welding is done.

It's about 10.00 per roll on nozama. The only thing you may need is a good wire brush to clean the weld up. It does tend to look a little black after welding is done.

cheers miggy i got a dremel that should do to clean weld up
my only real concern is is the thinness of the ss,where its gonna be welded i might end up burning thru

cheers miggy i got a dremel that should do to clean weld up
my only real concern is is the thinness of the ss,where its gonna be welded i might end up burning thru

Don't try and weld it in one go mate stop and start technique is best. That way the stainless steel will not get to hot and burn through,keep your amps down as well.

Back