Sensible Topic fleabay seller

Magnu420

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys i need a bit of info please

i bought a water boiler from fleabay and this is what it said in the description

Large Urn, suitable for boiling hot water, clean, stainless steel, full working order. Electric. Cash on Collection or paypal

so i contacted the seller before the auction ended,asking if he would drop it off at a courier collection point (which is less then a 1/4 a mile from him) and how big the boiler hold in litres
his reply was Hi

I believe it holds 30ltrs, and I am happy to post it if you are happy to pay for the postage.

anyway i ended up winning the boiler,arranged the courier and payed,he dropped it off at his local drop off point

i got the boiler today,but when i opened the box the boiler is a 20L urn,not 30L as he said in the reply message

so i sent him a message today saying

hi just letting you know that ive recieved the water boiler
safe and well,but disappointed as its only a 20L type and
not 30L as you describe,it says its 20L on the ID sticker
if you want a picture of the label i can get one for you

thanks

he replied back by saying

Sorry about the mistake. I did say I believed the item was 30ltr, I obvioiusly didnt look at the sticker you described for which I appologise. I still believe that the item was sold at a fair price, especially considering I went out of my way to post it for you also. Do you disagree?

so where do i stand on this,do i complain to paypal??,do i leave him negative feedback(not left any yet)

whats your thoughts

P1sstake M8 - if it's no good, send it back, his cost, or negotiate a lower price. Otherwise raise a dispute - fleabay favours the buyer :)

just tell him you sending it back as not as advertised @ his cost

if he has decent rep you wont have a problem

failing that raise the issue with auction site

the guy does have 100% feedback

also ive kept all the private messages from him before the auction ended and todays
message,and i did get the boiler cheep (bargain in my case) compaired to the
other boilers ive been watching

If your happy with it only been 20L and the price you paid just leave neutral feedback with an explanation of what happened, it sounds like he made a genuine mistake.

If your not happy then talk to him and see what you can sort out or start a complaint thingy mate

If your happy with it only been 20L and the price you paid just leave neutral feedback with an explanation of what happened, it sounds like he made a genuine mistake.

If your not happy then talk to him and see what you can sort out or start a complaint thingy mate

if i knew it was a 20L i would not bother of putting a bid in for it..
on the side of the boiler its got a id label which says swu20L,this indicates to me its
only 20L,surely a few seconds glance at this or he could of said what was on the label,but he says he believed it was 30L

Any chance you could sell it yourself and make a few bob?

Still up to you mate your well within your rights to get your money back and send it back at his expense

£16.09 and £6.79 for the courier so £22.88 all in

but i arranged the courier myself and payed them

Put it on gum tree for £30 collection only or better still keep it an make some home brew in it 20L of plonk.

Sounds like a genuine mistake £22 not work the dispute or your time mate.

just tell him you sending it back as not as advertised @ his cost

if he has decent rep you wont have a problem

failing that raise the issue with auction site

But it's not "Not as advertised". It would seem from what I'm reading, that the volume wasn't stated in the ebay description, it was only given via email and was not definite.

Put it on gum tree for £30 collection only or better still keep it an make some home brew in it 20L of plonk.

Sounds like a genuine mistake £22 not work the dispute or your time mate.

Agreed.

Agreed - decent price, probably not worth the hassle especially if capacity didn't appear in the listing...

Still up to you mate your well within your rights to get your money back and send it back at his expense

This, hes ripped you off , just send it back, if he doesn't live to far away go to his house & give him a clip, might cost petrol but the satisfaction wouldn't be beat , hate these rip off merchants on ebay me like :Angryfire

Last edited:
This, hes ripped you off , just send it back, if he doesn't live to far away go to his house & give him a clip, might cost petrol but the satisfaction wouldn't be beat , hate these rip off merchants on ebay me like :Angryfire

Technically he has not ripped him off,as annoying as that might be,it wasn't stated in the auction that it was a 30Litre Urn,

and thats all ebay or paypal will go by,

Technically he has not ripped him off,as annoying as that might be,it wasn't stated in the auction that it was a 30Litre Urn,

and thats all ebay or paypal will go by,

so he bid on a 30l one & got a 20l one? thats a 10l rip off in my eyes like, "item not as described " i know he said " i think it holds 30 l but where do you draw the line ? its a "2.0 litr injection" , turns out its a 1.6, anyway the bottom line is he has his address so nowts a bother

Last edited:
so he bid on a 30l one & got a 20l one? thats a 10l rip off in my eyes like, "item not as described "

No he bid on,and I quote

Large Urn, suitable for boiling hot water, clean, stainless steel, full working order. Electric. Cash on Collection or paypal

Back