Any news on the dw800?

The deley is due to late delivery of the tuners. This has caused the production slot to be missed so they are looking at the earliest time to build the units. Will update as soon as I have a confirmed date. Also there is no ethernet port on the unit but a rs232 to ethernet adapter can be added and will work for anyone wishing to use this.

tmc

thanx for posting tmc,
so there you go then, dw800 owners, even if n3 is coming, it isnt the end of these boxes :)

thanx for posting tmc,
so there you go then, dw800 owners, even if n3 is coming, it isnt the end of these boxes :)

WTF ?

If N3 comes tomorrow every box in the country would go down, ethernet port or no ethernet port.

would it not open the possibilities for C/S tho ? is that not what he ment.

I could be wrong tho

I not sure mate. So would that mean after all they years vermin have introduced a system more secure that sly ?

I can confirm here & now THAT N3 IS HACKED

me right fecking off :roflmao: Just a bit fun before the real fun and games start.

:Cheers:

I wouldn't of said what I did if there was nothing behind it m8 :)
but time will tell :)

WTF ?

If N3 comes tomorrow every box in the country would go down, ethernet port or no ethernet port.

yes, if using a softcam.

im guessing you havent understood the point i was making which was, if the dw800 can be made to communicate over a network it wont become useless as the ability to cardshare would still be possible, and yes, rat is right, n3 cards can be shared :)

yes, if using a softcam.

im guessing you havent understood the point i was making which was, if the dw800 can be made to communicate over a network it wont become useless as the ability to cardshare would still be possible, and yes, rat is right, n3 cards can be shared :)

Which ones can currently be shared?

If you don't want to say then a PM would be appreciated.

Which ones can currently be shared?

If you don't want to say then a PM would be appreciated.

hey it doesnt bother me about saying it as i dont personally do it nor do i connect to one

C*bo c*nax *+

not entirely sure im allowed to use provider names? but seeing as im not requesting anyone do it or providing info how i think im alright?

Last edited:
hey it doesnt bother me about saying it as i dont personally do it nor do i connect to one

C*bo c*nax *+

not entirely sure im allowed to use provider names? but seeing as im not requesting anyone do it or providing info how i think im alright?

Should be thanks for that, has this new card been tested on c/s?

Again Pm if need be.

Ive only just started looking into this card sharing malarky recently so know less that f*ck all about it, but what Ive read is that although it works quite well at the moment, Sly have introduced 'something or other' to kill it in Italy. Reading a couple of the cs forums, (should that be fora?), people seem to think that sly will be rolling the same technique accross the rest of their 'network'. Now I know that just cos sly does it doesnt mean to say that V will do it too, but it does look as though there is a method to kill card sharing as well. Not trying too be a doom-monger, (personally I reckon we got till after xmas at least), but I do think that this good thing will be killed off sooner rather than later?

Thanks for the update TMC.
ATommo,or anybody else lol can you pm me details of c/s ?

Cheers

Can the usb on the box be used to link to a hub?
usb on box to hub
hub as a HDD for recording and a modem for cs

Also there is no ethernet port on the unit but a rs232 to ethernet adapter can be added and will work for anyone wishing to use this.

tmc

I take it the firmware will be rewritten to allow the box to connect to CS servers?

Back