Any news on the dw800?

robbob1980

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard any thing about the delivery of dw800's that was suppose to be arriving this week ish. If TMC is Reading this could you let us know?

Cheers

Just wondering if anyone has heard any thing about the delivery of dw800's that was suppose to be arriving this week ish. If TMC is Reading this could you let us know?

Cheers

Hi, I spoke with him a day or two ago and he is still waiting for a confirmed date but I got the impression it wasn't too far off.

Hope this helps.

Do these have an ethernet port?

No mate

It has RF output , Scart , Scart VCR , HDMi , Y Pb Pr and Composite Video outputs

Also has Stereo Phono and S/PDif Audio outputs

Cheers

Was thinking of getting one of these myself but having read the rumours of the impending N3 rollout, I aint so sure. Think I'll hold fire till its known whats going on.

Was thinking of getting one of these myself but having read the rumours of the impending N3 rollout, I aint so sure. Think I'll hold fire till its known whats going on.

Hmm not exactly what one wants to hear if just about to possibly place a few orders of these boxes !

anyone elses thoughts on the N3 rollout? will it doom our lovely new krytviews into a £150 paperweight ?

Hmm not exactly what one wants to hear if just about to possibly place a few orders of these boxes !

anyone elses thoughts on the N3 rollout? will it doom our lovely new krytviews into a £150 paperweight ?

The simple answer is yes, without an ethernet port then its not got much use in the short term anyway.

as much as i like it i can see me puntin it soon for something different like. only cause off this n3 crap

Hatchet as far as N3 is concerned then yes, the box will be useless we beleive,but as for the Ethernet comment, the box works fine, so why would it not be much use anyway?
Its a HD box, which you can watch HD channels and record via an external hard drive, Ethernet is not required for either of these.

Hatchet as far as N3 is concerned then yes, the box will be useless we beleive,but as for the Ethernet comment, the box works fine, so why would it not be much use anyway?
Its a HD box, which you can watch HD channels and record via an external hard drive, Ethernet is not required for either of these.

what other use could it be for bud if n3 is out..untill a fix come out which im not countin on.then its only going be a door stopper

I know there's a lot of speculation around at the moment... But why would the sole trader import masses of these if he thought he was gonna be stuck with them?

He's in direct contact with the firmware creators and surely between them they would know not to invest in something that as the "doom-mongers" predict is going to be over by xmas.

Same with the HD Starview that's due out... Someone somewhere is convincing importers to layout their cash for stock... Importers and particularly traders who are actively in contact with the firmware developers arn't idiots and always know when to move on before the ship sinks... That's how they survive in this game.

So do they know something we don't?

The time to worry is when traders flog these units for next to nothing to cut there losses.

Just my opinion.

Regards.

I guess all good things do come to an end...

Guess one has too see this as a hobby also, is like when the samething happen to satelite fans when channels/networks die or upgrade and they loose there channels, sometimes they get newer channels in the future.

I guess even if this box stayed on for 2-3 months it would pay its keep of £150.

what other use could it be for bud if n3 is out..untill a fix come out which im not countin on.then its only going be a door stopper

I meant as a response to Hatchet saying without Ethernet its not much use in the short term...i dont understand this comment as it does what i explained earlier. I dont see the necessity of an ethernet port. Or did i read the comment wrong, that was all

Peace

I know there's a lot of speculation around at the moment... But why would the sole trader import masses of these if he thought he was gonna be stuck with them?

He's in direct contact with the firmware creators and surely between them they would know not to invest in something that as the "doom-mongers" predict is going to be over by xmas.

So do they know something we don't?

Regards.

I can see your point bud, but people/sites are still awaiting a shipment at least a week overdue....could this be because of the rumours?
Also another guy on the forum has stated Ireland have thier new cards and it is N3, he ias asking for people to post info to help crack it collectively. None of us will really know until the cards arrive, even though we are all anxxious to find out lol...but the lack of DW800s and firmware could be a less than subtle pointer....

Mash has a confirmed date on his site.. Revised firmware is at the moment being tested.. Seems a pretty confident market from the traders side of things.

I take your point that someone in Eire is collectively looking for help in cracking the n3 issue.. But I'm in the minority in believing that it's actually the traders and money makers in this game that get things done... They might not have the programming expertise of the hobbyist but they have the money to make a hobbyists life more pleasurable.

Imo The major difference between yesteryear and now is that these non vm boxes are closed and therefore allow whoever has a working box to make a killing before it eventually gets to the open source vm boxes... It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the hack guru's were being paid NOT to make the n3 crack available.

Time will tell... Either way it's just TV to the end user and a mission to the hacker lol.

Regards.

if theres no cable cause off n3 then what good is it even if it is hd bud.its not going to be any good for anything else or i could b missin something here

sorry matt if u think my message was cheeky bud. no offence bud.

Last edited:
Wilson no prob, my statement came across all wrong i think.
I was agreeing that the box would be useless when N3 comes out. What i was then trying to find out about is the comment from Hatchet that 'the DW800 not having an ethernet port means the box is not much use in the short term' (im assuming here he meant until N3 comes out). I didnt understand this as the box doesnt need an ethernet connection to work, i.e watch cable in HD. So im intrigued as what the ethernet port on, if it had one, would mean. As i said, this is all currently as in pre N3, after N3 all is irrelevant lol

FSpiders thanks for letting me know, i noticed on a few sites they had non-commital statements on the shipment .ie. due early november, when 3 weeks ago they were due 'End of october'.
The reason i mentioned the person from ireland was to say that the new card is indeed N3(Only quoting the post, not my words lol), not about the cracking issue.

Peace

oh and if this now posted 3 times, blame my the stupid server im working on lol

well, the reason people are asking about ethernet as, if they were to buy one and say n3 did roll out, with an ethernet port and the right software they'd be able to connect to a card sharing server and carry on viewing premium channels for a much smaller price of a top sub from virgin.

The deley is due to late delivery of the tuners. This has caused the production slot to be missed so they are looking at the earliest time to build the units. Will update as soon as I have a confirmed date. Also there is no ethernet port on the unit but a rs232 to ethernet adapter can be added and will work for anyone wishing to use this.

tmc

Back