Any MotoGP fans here?

ukbob

VIP Old Codger
VIP Member
Reaction score
Was discusing witrh Bro wether Rossi should retire.
He's good and still pulling in the money .but surely his glory days are over....

i say ride to win....not just for the money.

Yep. Last season was good as Marc Marquez didn't finish the season. Once he returns though I can't see anyone touching him, he is too good.

As for Rossi, I agree with you. I really like the fella, but he has had his day, and should move over and give another younger rider a chance.

I'm of the same mind, Rossi in his day was something to behold, but time and tide wait for no man. I thought he would retire after the last scare where they had to put up extra safety measures. At least we had summat to cheer for today with 1 brit doing well (am trying not to spoil it for anybody that hasn't watched it yet)

Yeah big fan, watched the lot today.

I feel for Rossi he does need to retire he is just ruining his legacy has he is at the moment. Im not sure the money is it with him hes addicted to everything else he is like a junkie struggling to quit.

Tell you what there is some serious talent in the series. MotoGP wow 12 world champions on the grid. If Marc makes the grid this year he will have a fight on his hands. One more big injury and Marc should also retire, young yes but he carnt keep doing this to his body.

I think Rossi is just enjoying everything about going racing, the money is irrelevant to him and he is still very capable of winning a race if he has the bike setup somewhere near correct and his experience must add an odd tenth of a second to each lap, no matter what bike he is on. If he gets to the point where he doesn't want to do the gym work necessary to keep fit then that is the time he will pack it in and concentrate on managing his Team VR46 but you will see him around the paddock for many years yet, even if not actually riding himself.

I haven't had time to watch this weekends 3 races yet so please don't post any of the results 🛵

Some interesting points made here,
As @sneaker said Marc Marquez is untouchable for now.
The incident where the bike missed Rossi's head by milliseconds would have been a wake up cal for me.
But im agreed with @Sandra51 he'll always be in the money but it gets painful to watch him sometimes,as he's slower with age.

I'm watching it again tonight 8pm ITV4.

Last edited:
Loved watching the Rossi/Biaggi /Gibernau /Stoner/ Jorge battles of old and then the Marques battles but haven't watched it for a while so kind of lost track who races for who.
Can't stand Marques though,just something about him I can't put my finger on,maybe it's his smug face as something to do with it :p

I used to love watching stoner and biaggi i used to think no one better would ever come along...
still watch biaggi on youtube to this day..

Stoner would have been the only rider that could of taken it to Marc and beaten him sadly never got to see it.

Biaggi first race on a 500 at Japan Blitzed Doohan to win the race fantastic talent.

Loved watching the Rossi/Biaggi /Gibernau /Stoner/ Jorge battles of old and then the Marques battles but haven't watched it for a while so kind of lost track who races for who.
Can't stand Marques though,just something about him I can't put my finger on,maybe it's his smug face as something to do with it :p
I hear ya he's a face id have trouble not punching.

You can't take it away from Marc though guys, people used to say that the great Michael Schumacher was arrogant but when you have talent like those two have or had, then you are entitled to be smug and arrogant.

Unlike Hamilton who has only won his championships by having the best car by far, which George Russell proved last year that anyone could be a champion in that car as but for the pit crew screwing up his pit stops and the team making the wrong decisions, he would have easily won his first ever race in a car that he hadn't raced before and in which he had to wear shoes a size too small as he couldn't fit in the car with his regular driving shoes on.

I am waiting to see what the younger Marquez can do, given another season or two in the top class, as Marc said that he was faster than him :)

Me too, I despise that s**t, don't know why, just do

I reckon McPhee and Binder from MotoGP3 are really exciting to watch.
Wonder if they can bypass MotoGP2 and go straight up to the big boys in MotoGP
I think they're ready....

I think Darryn could possibly do it, because of his aggression and size, but I think John would struggle by being so small so I think he would benefit from going to Moto2 first.

It seems like John has some kind of magnet on his back the number of times people run into him from behind in the last couple years doesn't it.

Back