Relatives ESA has been stopped

He has took advise and added all the medical evidence to the mandatory re-consideration form.
The truth is, she answered questions that were never asked and some incorrect. She actually missed off her report the main disability. The same illness he has had for years and the same illness that was reported in 3 previous DWP reports from years gone by.
This was discussed at length in his interview but for some unknown reason she failed to even mention this but in previous medicals for the DWP it is listed as his main disability.
The interviewer then so called did a medical. In her report she lied. She claims she did certain examinations and reports certain examinations as "normal" most she never actually did, the sister in law is his witness.
The problem is there is, 4 other previous DWP medicals spotted things, the same things that can never get better and remain the same so her medical can simply be discredited along with a letter of support they have acquired from their GP.
Its not so much about proving she lied it's about proving his condition is actually worse and can do even less with strong medical evidence that discredits her medical and makes her interview a farce and flawed from top to toe. Tbh this isn't hard to do and this woman should be struck off from doing previous interviews.
I can't go into depth but if you cant simple medical examinations correctly and write those findings then you shouldn't be fit to do the job.

I went round bro in laws yesterday and he said he rang them and told them he was sending in evidence so could they suspend the re consideration till he gathered all the medical evidence he had at hand.
It took him a few days to get in to see his local GP and explain to the doctor his predicament. His GP kindly offered to draft up a superb letter of support outlining his health problems. The problem was getting one of the receptionist to draft the letter up. Finally he mailed all the evidence late last week and recorded delivery shows signed for on the 1st August.
He wakes up Saturday morning to find a letter from the DWP to say that after his conversation regarding his re consideration it had been turned down even though it clearly states "not" to go ahead pending further medical evidence through the post.
So basically they went ahead regardless and totally ignored his request even though this morning he has rung them and they have confirmed it indeed was was noted down to wait.
To me it looks like they have seen his 40 page envelope and pushed the re consideration through pretending it was done before it was received even though the dates it was dealt with was the same date his letter was signed for by the DWP.
I honestly didn't realise that they could be so underhand and deceitful it just beggars belief.
Hes now waiting on a callback as they couldn't figure it out, unbelievable.

I honestly didn't realise that they could be so underhand and deceitful it just beggars belief.

My younger brother has downs syndrome. Some years ago the Social Security discovered they had been underpaying him for over 18 months so they paid it in a lump sum.
They then said he had too much money in his account so cut his payments????

@chookey afaik back payment of benefit cannot be used as savings when accessing someones capital for at least 12 months from when they receive it or if they were in error for the whole of the claim if over 5k. Cheatin bastards

Backdated lump sum payments from DWP

If your benefits have been underpaid you could be entitled to a back payment from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).

This might involve a substantial lump sum payment, which could push you over the savings limits for means tested benefits, including:

• income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Universal Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Pension Credit

In some cases, this payment is not counted as savings for one year and will not affect your income related or means tested benefits during this time.
However, where benefits have been underpaid because of:

• an official error
  • an error on point of law

any payments over £5,000 can be disregarded for the length of the claim or until the award ends.

Its shocking the underhand tactics they are using I honestly thought he would get a fair crack of the whip, I'm round his house as I type.
They claimed they normally allow roughly 10-12 days from him asking them to suspend it to the physical evidence landing on their table.
He pointed out it was 9 days and the decision was made the same day they signed for the Royal Mail tracking evidence. He said there was a silence then the woman said "Ummmm I'm not sure on that one", which is handy.
So they have now took it back to the decision maker but this time with 40 pages of medical evidence and a 14 letter pointing out faults in the interviewers 27 page pile of crap and lies.
Seriously, she should be removed from the process, the decision maker gave him not 1 point now considering his last medical gave him indefinite ESA he must have touched the hand of God and made a full recovery.
I'm seathing, its disgusting how they've tried their best to make him out to be a liar. Thing is, hes convinced it still wont get overturned.
I friend told me (a welfare officer) officials say only 17% get it turned over at the re consideration stage but he said its incorrect. The figures are more like 10% win.

Back