Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Born in England and regard yourself as British

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Born in Britain but don't regard yourself as British

Votes: 22 21.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have every sympathy with you pal as English is English and the rest can **** them self that's how 95% of the English believe i know some of the members on here is not like that but i have been down south 9 months of a year for the past 10 year and that's how they believe Scottish,welsh,Irish are not part of there country according to them i know a lot of people on here is not like that but its a fact of life to the other 95%

:thumbdown: What A Load Of SHIT LOL
I really cant belive Ive just read this : shocked2

Its a good question and has thrown up some interesting replies!

I was born in Scotland and regard myself as Scottish, however when I fill out forms with the very question asked, I'll enter British :)

In saying that, statements like 'The British Bulldog' I always regard as very much English? I could be wrong but I don't think you'd see many folk from the other home nations with a Bulldog/Union flag tattoo.

britishbull.jpg

That is a brave statement LenW and suggests that you have met and got the views from every single person in the British Isles.
Personally I don't recall you and would prefer to speak for myself.

Chookey

You wouldn't personally recall me because as the very first thing i said on my post was that i am a new member. I don't profess to have spoken to every single person in the British Isles, but am just stating the obvious, a Scotsman calls himself Scottish, not British. A Welshman calls himself Welsh not British. An Irishman calls himself Irish not British and an Englishman calls himself English not British. It's only Politicians and Government that make people British.

Born in scotland and i am scottish wheres that option on the poll :p

its not good point mate i would like to know as well

Lol, it's the last option, as IANB has pointed out.

Understand what your saying mate but did you actually read my original post.

Reading through the thread, it seems that a lot of people aren't reading that original post too carefully before jumping in.

:thumbdown: What A Load Of SHIT LOL
I really cant belive Ive just read this : shocked2

Ive read it and find it pretty sad..

About the hole soilder thing.. The national news always says "british soilder - regiment" and i think its the duty of the local news to say "scottish soilder" Welsh, Ni, English..ETC.. ( There is no method in the order i placed each country in).

Anyway me - English, British..

God save our german queen..

In saying that, statements like 'The British Bulldog' I always regard as very much English? I could be wrong but I don't think you'd see many folk from the other home nations with a Bulldog/Union flag tattoo.
britishbull.jpg

Why ?

then thats them that are seperating themselfs with being British

its a British Bulldog not a English Bulldog

Why ?

then thats them that are seperating themselfs with being British

its a British Bulldog not a English Bulldog

I know Rat, and it's maybe just the way I see it! But then again in my search for a picture to add I came across one with a union flag and it had a statement Honour & Loyalty and was tagged 'English Bulldog' :(

1..You wouldn't personally recall me because as the very first thing i said on my post was that i am a new member.2.. I don't profess to have spoken to every single person in the British Isles, but am just stating the obvious, a Scotsman calls himself Scottish, not British. A Welshman calls himself Welsh not British. 3..An Irishman calls himself Irish not British and an Englishman calls himself English not British. It's only Politicians and Government that make people British.

1.. Read my previous reply to you another couple of times and you may get it.

2..You said and I quote "But there is one thing that I have found 100% certain and that is NOBODY in the " British Isles " considers themselves British first". I don't see how thats' stating the obvious given some of the replies in this thread and the poll results so far.

3..An Irishman is not British, he's Irish. Unless of course he's from N.I

Chookey

I know Rat, and it's maybe just the way I see it! But then again in my search for a picture to add I came across one with a union flag and it had a statement Honour & Loyalty and was tagged 'English Bulldog' :(

Ive checked wiki and it contradicts also..

A Bulldog, also known as British Bulldog or English Bulldog, is a breed of dog which traces its ancestry to the British Isles. It should not be confused with other varieties such as the American Bulldog or the French Bulldog, which have a similar appearance.

Maybe the dogs themselves put English/scottish first then british?? :err:

"Are there any English on here who don't think they are British?"

it dont matter what they think if they are born in Great Britain they are British.

I am of GB and therefore British and proud of it, what part of GB ? that would be Wales which im also very proud of.

I have a mate whose mother is Pakistani and father who is English but my mate was born in Wales, this makes him welsh, he is addament he is English ( solely for football supporting rights ) fook knows how, he reckons he can choose or some shit. we have many arguments about it, traitor bastad.

I'm originally a londoner, (cockney) I have friends that are mancunian, liverpudian, Glaswegian etc..But as a whole we all live in United kingdom (British Isles). Due to history...Scott's, Welsh, Irish and England have their own deep veined hatred for one another, mainly towards the south of the border (English). So yes I do believe that most people would say they were Scottish, welsh, Irish (whatever) first then British.

As for the Army guy. Most guys in the Army are taught about the 'Once' said English army and how the English conquered. When in actuall fact it was the British Army and the British Empire (Great Britain). But try telling that to my English army mate who finds it hard to accept that the Scottish have their own parliment also being subsidised by the English Parliment and not recieving anything back from Scotland. Some guys obviously find that hard to accept.

Personally...Whoever lives on the these shores are British. Whether they are scottish british, Irish British, Welsh British. But that is my opinion :proud:

1.. Read my previous reply to you another couple of times and you may get it.

2..You said and I quote "But there is one thing that I have found 100% certain and that is NOBODY in the " British Isles " considers themselves British first". I don't see how thats' stating the obvious given some of the replies in this thread and the poll results so far.

3..An Irishman is not British, he's Irish. Unless of course he's from N.I

Chookey

3. If he's British, which is what your thread is all about, of course he's from N.I. which makes him Irish. or are you saying that people from N.I. are not Irish (it's in the name by the way).

"Are there any English on here who don't think they are British?"

it dont matter what they think if they are born in Great Britain they are British.

I am of GB and therefore British and proud of it, what part of GB ? that would be Wales which im also very proud of.

I have a mate whose mother is Pakistani and father who is English but my mate was born in Wales, this makes him welsh, he is addament he is English ( solely for football supporting rights ) fook knows how, he reckons he can choose or some shit. we have many arguments about it, traitor bastad.

I would doubt there would be many. English people are proud British people. Just like a protestants in NI, they are proud British citizens.

But Welsh and the Scots identify them selfs as Welsh and Scots with respective proud nationalities.

British = English is most peoples eyes out with England

I dont know this, so only asking a question, Jaffa or Dogtoffe would prob know.

The welsh and Scottish more associate them selfs with their country of birth for what ever reason. Now the Catholic section of NI see them self more associated with being Irish and the south.

Do the protestant section see them self s as Irish 1st then British or just British?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back