Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Born in England and regard yourself as British

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Born in Britain but don't regard yourself as British

Votes: 22 21.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im Welsh and proud of it, to be 'British' means fook all, i have no choice what my (expired) passport says, but my driving license is in welsh

Anyone can be british, but to be English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh runs through your veins

Cymru am Byth
exactly mate 1 country 4 nations and to me my nation is my country

Born in scotland and i am scottish wheres that option on the poll :p

The problem is mate with the context or conversation it is used in.
As per my first post the idiot used it as regards to the Army. His uneducated views on how the National parliaments are governed and his belief that England pay for all other British nationals regardless.

You like some others regard yourself as English, not British. If you ran into trouble abroad, where would the first place be that you would run to?

The English embassy?? No mate, you would be a British citizen when it suited you.

Chookey

i think you are trying to make an arguement here, i didnt mention the army once, i had my view and i still say i am english. you CANT change that

Born in scotland and i am scottish wheres that option on the poll :p

Last option could cover that m8 As Scotland is in Britain but you dont regard yourself as British.

Last edited:
I was born in Northern Ireland and I would say that I was British:flagwave:

Digi's point is quite valid, your countries blood runs through your veins 1st and foremost.

Although the Scotish are really northern Englishmen and the Welsh are western Englishmen and we are just lepers.

thats a joke lads, well except for the part about us being lepers....:proud:

i think you are trying to make an arguement here, i didnt mention the army once, i had my view and i still say i am english. you CANT change that
Understand what your saying mate but did you actually read my original post.
My point is about being British, people fighting for their country and the views regarding National parliaments. There are other things that come to mind but ultimately it is more aimed at those who defiantly reject being British.

Not looking for an argument but found myself in one last night because of someone who's views you appear to share.
Chookey

Digi's point is quite valid, your countries blood runs through your veins 1st and foremost.

Although the Scotish are really northern Englishmen and the Welsh are western Englishmen and we are just lepers.

thats a joke lads, well except for the part about us being lepers....:proud:

what does that make the irish then mate lol

if a Scottish soldier get hurt or killed in this rotten war why does it say a british soldier why not give the guy or lassie the dignity she/he deserves and say Scottish,,welsh,Irish rather than british,as when a English soldier gets hurt or worse they go out of there way to make there point of being English

Understand what your saying mate but did you actually read my original post.
My point is about being British, people fighting for their country and the views regarding National parliaments. There are other things that come to mind but ultimately it is more aimed at those who defiantly reject being British.

Not looking for an argument but found myself in one last night because of someone who's views you appear to share.
Chookey

i have my own view on things. there are a mixture on here that say we are are english welsh scottish and irish. why does that make our view wrong? why is your view right?

i have my own view on things. there are a mixture on here that say we are are english welsh scottish and irish. why does that make our view wrong? why is your view right?

Now who's looking for an argument?
Never said my view was right, merely put it across and put a poll up.

Chookey

i was born in Scotland, but dont regard my self as British. I dont like the union jack or the monarchy. Mainly because of the arrogance that comes from some areas of politics, media and certain society's in England. But i might be the one thats wrong. but i will never say i am British just because i see Britishness as being English.

Last edited:
I was born in Northern Ireland and feel a strong connection to Scotland and Ireland. I am British and glad to be.

My view be it wrong or right ?

I'm English born in England (British) but we are one country.....Great Britain,United Kingdom

whatever you want to call it we are one,fighting as one Nation

What about all the people who are born outside of England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, due to their parents serving abroad in the forces.

I was born in Germany and class myself as English, But over all British. Why does everything have to be broken down and segregated, that's why people has so many issues, as you have to fit into this box or that box.

Doesn't matter where you are born, it's what you feel that matters. We are all wrong and right several times every day, but when it comes down to it the majority of the times it's meaningless.

Didn't really know how to title this thread but will say now this has nothing to do with non-white racism for want of a better phrase.

Have had 2 serious discussions regarding this subject of late, the more recent being last night.
A guy comes into my local regularly who is is probably in his 40s' and is almost confined to a mobility scooter. I have always passed the time of day with him but actually got into a conversation with him last night.

It transpired that he has a multitude of problems, ms and arthritis to mention just a couple.
He went on to tell me that he had served in the "English army" as an RMP. I pointed out that it is the British army to which he replied that it is the English army.

I asked him if he was English or British, you can guess his reply. I then asked him if he had an English or British passport, which after a while he admitted was a British passport.

I asked him why Scottish, Welsh and N.I born soldiers were returning from Afghanistan in coffins if it were the English army fighting the war. His reply was that it serves them right cos England have been paying them for years.

I am now trying to remember that this fat, twisted f****r is disabled so behave myself. He then goes on to moan that the Scottish Parliament has allowed uni students a grant to cover their fees and that the "English" have to bear the cost.

This is when I took my leave and wished him a long life. May he suffer a long time. As I mentioned earlier, I have come across this attitude before.

Are there any English on here who don't think they are British?

Chookey
i have every sympathy with you pal as English is English and the rest can **** them self that's how 95% of the English believe i know some of the members on here is not like that but i have been down south 9 months of a year for the past 10 year and that's how they believe Scottish,welsh,Irish are not part of there country according to them i know a lot of people on here is not like that but its a fact of life to the other 95%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back