another ebay scammer

gazzer

Inactive User
Reaction score
got scammed on ebay, i sold a nokia N90 for 429.00 buyer pays by paypal! money clears in my bank account so i sent the phone out, 2 months later paypal send an email to say i have a chargeback on my account of 429.00. i duspute the fact as the phone has been sent and i have proof, paypal honour the buyer and i'm left with no phone and a debt of 429.00 oh and not to forget 7.00 paypal charged me for the privelige. should i name and shame him???or any other advice would be nice.

gazzer said:
got scammed on ebay, i sold a nokia N90 for 429.00 buyer pays by paypal! money clears in my bank account so i sent the phone out, 2 months later paypal send an email to say i have a chargeback on my account of 429.00. i duspute the fact as the phone has been sent and i have proof, paypal honour the buyer and i'm left with no phone and a debt of 429.00 oh and not to forget 7.00 paypal charged me for the privelige. should i name and shame him???or any other advice would be nice.

same thing happened to my bro - paypal sucks even though bro had 400+ positive feedback and buyer had only 1 or 2. Paypal said they would investigate and let him know the outcome before deducting money but they just took the money without telling him.:Chainsaw:

suggest if you are a seller to not use paypal - then they'll learn.

thats the reasion i have stopped accepting paypal for payments there is no guarentee that you will ever keep the money so its cash cheque or postal orders then when cleared out go the goods

the other thing is you must always always make sure that you send the goods via a signed for on delivery service

gazzer said:

did paypal take the money that was already in your paypal account or did they take it from your bank??

they did the same to me but i never had any money in my paypal account and they put my account into the minus range!!.... i aint paying them because like you i sent out the item!!

all i want to know is can they take money direct from your bank?? paypal ******s: tosser :

gazzer said:

I WOULD FIND OUT WHERE HE LIVES DO YOU STILL HAVE THE ADDY THAT YOU SENT THE PHONE TO? GO ROUND N GET UR MONEY OR PHONE BACK OH AND KNOCK HISS TEETH IN LOL

Hiya

Did you send the phone to an overseas address or to a UK address ?

If it's an overseas address than neither paypal nor ebay could do anything.

If it's a UK address than there is till hope.

Cheers.

no it is a uk address i still have it and i would love to duff this t*t up but he lives the other end of england

thanks

NinjaXP said:
did paypal take the money that was already in your paypal account or did they take it from your bank??

they did the same to me but i never had any money in my paypal account and they put my account into the minus range!!.... i aint paying them because like you i sent out the item!!

all i want to know is can they take money direct from your bank?? paypal ******s: tosser :
does anyone have a answer to ninjaXP query???...i am starting to have second and third thoughts of selling goods on e-bay.

They can only take money from your bank account if you have a direct debit set up. If you go into your bank and cancel the DD then paypal will not be able to take any cash from your account

pk041468 said:
They can only take money from your bank account if you have a direct debit set up. If you go into your bank and cancel the DD then paypal will not be able to take any cash from your account

If you have a debit card registered with them ring the bank and tell them you have lost it the bank will give you a new one and paypal cant use the old one as it will be invalid

people like that p!$$ me off :Angryfire , i've just listed my xda mini and stated uk only, but some little sh!te decided to buy it now and then email me saying he was buying for his nephew or someone else and could i post it to nigeria, yeah right i'll do it 1st thing lol, cos he was too busy working to do it himself, emailed him told him where to stick it and what i thought of him, then asked ebay for my fees back, totalled £12 in all, they said i have to go file a non paying bidder which takes weeks. told them i hold them responible for this cos he joined on the day he bought it and his addy stated he lived in london poland ?????? obviously trying to scam people :Chainsaw: . to be honest though i've not had any other problems with ebay before but seems more & more people are joining just to rip people off which needs looking at by ebay and paypal. have you tried phoning paypal and saying you've got proof of posting, if sent special delivery the items insured for £500, if he's saying he didn't receive it then he should've claimed on the insurance not got his money back from paypal.

hi mate i think you should name and shame him . i know this willn`t help u get your money back but it will stop himdoing it again . continue fighting with pay pal best of luck

Take a note of his seller ID ya never know one day he may try selling summat and you can do the same to him---i got ripped for £36 and tho it aint much i,m bideing my time and the m/forkas gonna get scammed by me in the future,if i dont actually get cash outta him i sure as hell will fork his sales up:) i did this once when i got sold a radio that was faulty--i got another seller ID and bid loads on a printer,he must have had it sat in his hallway for months before he realised i wasnt gonna pay:banana: ...that reminds me i,ve got the urge to bid on another of his items:Devil:

go to the ebay community site and ask around there you may find a few answers-----beware tho theres a right load of knobheads on there.

shotter said:
does anyone have a answer to ninjaXP query???...i am starting to have second and third thoughts of selling goods on e-bay.

I am in the same boat as you mate , ebay i suppose is ok but the thing is people want to pay by paypal and paypal, their policies like themselves are ******s.....f'in paypal !£"$"$££$^£$^£$^ :Chainsaw:

list an item and don't use paypal as an option and watch the limited attention from prospective buyers you get!!

sorry......

The old COD was ok you paid when you got it no free trial, keep it anyway. You have to name scammers although they probably have helpers and do it all the time I'm sure some make a living out of it. I have bought loads of things and paid by pp and so far lucky although usually from a retail outlet. The last thing was moteck 2100 Ebay germany. You can't give your cc details to anyone. There should be an ebay page for dodgy deals [i wish] naming the payment, buyer or seller depending who is knobbling who.. brick through the window should get him out then a baseball bat as a present.

thanks for your support u lot will keep trying .paypal are not getting a pound of me my paypal account is in the - and i have canelled any dd to them lol they wont to pay this fool not me.

Back