internet scam

derek12345

Inactive User
Reaction score
My Son sold a phone on Spock (or whatever its called) and had several messages from Spock he thought, He was told as he was first time buyer he had to get money sent to a third party then he sends phone then he gets money when phone arrives which he foolishly done guy received phone but no money arrived then he realised he was scammed he reported to police and Spock but nothing was ever done about it then yesterday out of the blue he received an email from the guy saying my boy friend scammed you and gave his name his address and said i have all the evidence you need if you want to go ahead with it then went on to tell him of others he has scammed (phones,laptops,watch) what is best way to go about this now

Thanx for Looking

you have to be very careful of shpock as there are normally so many scammers on there, especially at this time of the year when people sell hi tech goods. Normally you can tell a scam as the messages are badly worded. Your best bet ask the guy to tell his boyfriend to either send you your phone back or pay for it. You have the details ie addresss and you will go to police and take it further. normally when you buy something on shpock they have a protection policy, ie you pay for the phone, once the phone is delivered and all is good, then shpock release the money to the selller. In this case you sent the phone expecting the money to be sent, but obviously you havnt recieved any money. like i said best bet ask for return of phone or money or you will go to the police. hope that helps. sorry to hear that.

johnny bravo hit the nail on the head. You can smell a rat but the brief and badly spelt nature of the message even then you still get turned over. The reason there's so many is there's no were t go if you get ripped off. The biggest crime is low cost items sold in bulk. I mean, you order say a HDMI cable for a £1 and it never arrives what do you do ?. You do this 5000 you've made a tidy sum and do you report you've lost a quid ??.

I use to use eBay quite a lot now I only buy stuff I can't source out anywere else spare parts 2nd hand parts. I recently bought an iphone for my daughter from eBay described as in immaculate condition in a wallet screen protectors from new battery life 90% . When it arrived I noticed there was a gap between the screen and case. Now I've changed a fare few screens and batteries in my time with kids and I instantly knew the screen had been off. I flipped it off myself to check and it had a cheapo screen and a 3rd party battery.

The lady argued the toss even though she claimed it had never been changed and she had owned it from new which was not the case, I was refunded but not after a lengthy argument and wait.

Can you not have the phone blocked by reporting it stolen 🤔

Last edited:
Back