ambit 200 new firmware

gopher2005 said:
i will try but im using my aol modem now as my nthell got updated last night just worried that if i put an nthell mac on it n it gets updated i cnt change it back to the original aol mac? have you tryed changin the mac on it since the update and the nthell logo being there?

i have changed from 1.5mb mac to 3mb mac but not tryd to put it back to aol as i dont have aol i had the modem given to me and just thorght id play with it as it all looked the same as the nthell modem and it is a 120 but with aol on it

moor than likely it is not worth messing with subbed gear no mater how much you want to if you ever get cut of then play about with it but not if you are subscribed to it

well aol cut he off but im just on 1month free trail at the mo on aol anytime and it realy slow! dnt no if that would b ok?

looks like not many ppl where affected by the update? or they cnt get online? prehaps nthell have found a way to stop cloning?

i cant coment on that as i dont know much about aol think it depends on are you going to keep it ? but id get comfermation of some other members first who know about aol as you could lose conection all together i can only tell you what i have done and be 100% that it worked for me

So can any one sum up all the info given on this topic and come to a conclusion on the does and don’ts on what is working and what we all need to do regards stopping the update - are we all saying that we need to clone 100,120 and 200 a different MAC taken from the same type of modem. So that the update will come down and update the modem - but we will not be able to change the MAC but still allows us to connect to the internet??

Some one with a bit of knowledge takes 5 mins and collates the information.

AS this topic is going to be like reading a Harry Potter novel........

srooth said:
So can any one sum up all the info given on this topic and come to a conclusion on the does and don’ts on what is working and what we all need to do regards stopping the update - are we all saying that we need to clone 100,120 and 200 a different MAC taken from the same type of modem. So that the update will come down and update the modem - but we will not be able to change the MAC but still allows us to connect to the internet??
Some one with a bit of knowledge takes 5 mins and collates the information.
AS this topic is going to be like reading a Harry Potter novel........
Yeah, he's got a point ... Anyone help!!

Rome wasn’t built in a day so patience will prevail I think every one is working on this so lets hold the phone and give it a day or two

How’s about considering donating

got the same **** modem gone mad keeps cutin off all the time. did the anti upadte command on to 200 and tryied 3 different mac's all keep going off. Didn't do the anti update on my other 1 now modems looks like its dead all lighs keep flashing like mad but the other one with anti upade keeps cutting off , is it all over for the clones.??

i wonder if what is going on, is due to the 10MB upgrade that NTL started on the 8th Of November. and what is happenning is down to firmware upgrades to take this service?????

could be but im told ambits can handle this?

ive said this a few times, so this is the last time im sayin this

no its not the end of clones
if u had a ntl 200 modem on a 120 or 100 mac, then yes, your modem is ****ed if you have it on the feed (all areas will be affected within the next week)
you will have to reflash the modem using a willlem programmer to a pre-updated dump, then u will be able to alter the mac (u will have to use a 200 mac on a ntl 200 modem for it to work now)

this is because ntl are forcing incompatible software downloads, the 200 cant run on 120 firmware, hence all the lights going on and off but ntl are makin the 200s download this firmware.

all you need to do is get a pre-updated ntl 100 or 120 and a 100 or 120 mac address, put the mac on the modem, and the modem will upgrade, however it will upgrade to a compaitable firmware so the modem will work fine

the moral of the story is

ntl 200 modems - u must use ntl 200 mac address
ntl 100 120 modems - u must use an ntl 100 120 mac address

p.s it seems only 3mb macs are getting forced to download the new software upgrade at the moment if incompaitable, i.e 100 mac on 200 modem

iam still trying to find out, has anyone succesfully used the pin11 mod and its stopped the new firmware ???

i did the pin 11 a day or two a go and it still up dated ona a 120 just dug out 2 old 200s on 1mb and thay are still up and running but im going to now keep them off the feed for a week or so untill all this can be comfermd about modems droping like flys so sit on them preupdated modems for a bit

cd non-vol\snmp
max_dloads_tries 0
write
cd\
reset

i take it that this dont work then

example ..using a 200 mac on 200 pre-update firmware,can they still force the new firmware onto a 200 with this mod entered

I think they may be getting you off the unchanged image 2 or if you havent changed your usb mac possibly.

Set me straight lads,

My 200 with a 120 mac is f**ked due to this forced update stuff, so can I still follow the tutorials here and assume that the info is still valid?

Bear with me as I am a modem virgin...

My plan is to:

Get the atmel erased and have a pre update 200 dump put on.
Get the relevant software to sniff out some macs ready for swapping.
Find a 200 gold mac and load that in. (Close proximity but different gateway).
Let the firmware update and hopefully still get some life out of that mac.

Am I even close to a plan lol?

As I understand it, the problem is going to be getting 200 macs, since DHCPforce won't pick them up

Back