ambit 200 new firmware

so is there some softwear that will sniff for 200 macs i have that ethereall but no clue on how to use it ???

thanx

like do u think its possible to find em somehow i mean u mentioned there hidden.... :eek: i was thinking maybe we can bypass it like or something *me shrygs* i dunno lol :flame:

So am I right in thinking that nobody used 200 macs in the past?

There's me sitting here thinking that the trader I paid stacks of money to in order to get a modem was some sort of really clever git who knew 6 months ago that putting a 120 mac on a 200 would stop it updating when all the while it was probably the fact that he could only sniff 120 macs and so thats what I ended up getting anyway!

Damn, I have a lot to learn. I had better stay in this section for a while.

Basically, if I cannot get a 200 mac then in am in deep doo doo?

if you can find an aol 200 modem i did put it in to the feed and it up dated shows nthell logo put in a nt mac and running with no probs just mayby thers something on the aol modem thet could be put on to the nt ones

b3nnyb0y said:
well not neccasarily bro coz i have a 120mac on a 200 and going strong still........

That is what puzzles me.

Both myself and my nephew bought 200's from a trader. I knew what my mac address was on my one before it went down. I have just borrowed the other one, plugged it in and the bugger works! I have cheked the mac addy on that one and it is the same as mine, the one that went down.

I cant work out why I now have 2 modems with the same mac, one took the forced update and went down on Thursday and the other has just been plugged in and has not took the update?

it baffles me as well bro :eek: like i cant see why mine hasnt been fubared yet either like :p lol uhm where u from? i hate traders just to let u know m8ty ;@) robbing scumbags someone should sh00t the lot of em :D

exoticasian30 said:
So am I right in thinking that nobody used 200 macs in the past?
There's me sitting here thinking that the trader I paid stacks of money to in order to get a modem was some sort of really clever git who knew 6 months ago that putting a 120 mac on a 200 would stop it updating when all the while it was probably the fact that he could only sniff 120 macs and so thats what I ended up getting anyway!
Damn, I have a lot to learn. I had better stay in this section for a while.
Basically, if I cannot get a 200 mac then in am in deep doo doo?

No m8 he was not clever id say, 200 macs cant be found, impossible in fact.

it's making me wonder wether or not ntsmell can read anything else off a connected modem aswell as the mac addy

so for instance if it was a serial number of a modem they knew was meant to be disconnected and they saw it online they could just hit that modem leaving others alone

only a thought but seems strange that in my area a load of modems have gone down but i still know a lot still up and running including 1 of mine

This may be obvious but am I right in saying that a subbed 200 modem would carry a 200 mac addresss? AND if that mac was put into another 200 it would work (obviously assuming areas, non conflicting etc etc)??

this probably sounds like a right stupid point to make, but i noticed that when my modems took the new firmware, the mac address's on them went back to the original macs on the case stickers.

is that right enough, yea ?

thomson said:
this probably sounds like a right stupid point to make, but i noticed that when my modems took the new firmware, the mac address's on them went back to the original macs on the case stickers.
is that right enough, yea ?

LOL, yes m8, think everyone knows that one but thanks anyway:Cheers:

Almost as dumb as my last thread tehe!!

Dbox8 said:
LOL, yes m8, think everyone knows that one but thanks anyway:Cheers:
Almost as dumb as my last thread tehe!!

ILMAO, ohh well :)

L33tpL4y4 said:
they are just testing at the min.
The havoc they: grim : have caused is just testing ?? and what is this about it stopping on Friday what happens then !!

Back