ambit 200 new firmware

Voodoo1 said:
Right to let me get his right
Ambit 200 Modems with 100/120 mac’s will stop working?
If yes, does this mean that if we put a 200 mac on a 200 modem., NTL will update the modem but it will still work. I realise then we won’t be able to edit the MAC.
However if we use this MAC again on another pre updated 200 it shouldn’t update again?

Ambit 200 Modems with 100/120 mac’s will stop working? = YES

200 mac on a 200 modem., NTL will update the modem but it will still work. = Correct (hard to find 200 macs tho)

I realise then we won’t be able to edit the MAC = correct (unless u can reprogramme chips)

However if we use this MAC again on another pre updated 200 it shouldn’t update again = WRONG

if you use the mac again on a preupdated one, it will just update it.
not really a problem as long as you are on a different gateway

Thanks for that... nice and clear . Next question (sorry)
Why are the 200 MAC so rare???
These were the predecessors to the 250 so why are there not loads of them out there?

Voodoo1 said:
Thanks for that... nice and clear . Next question (sorry)
Why are the 200 MAC so rare???
These were the predecessors to the 250 so why are there not loads of them out there?

Because DHCPFORCE will not pickup 200's

lol wtf? so now like finally that i cloned a modem its not gunna work no more....... that sux lmao :D i only had it a week.

b3nnyb0y said:
lol wtf? so now like finally that i cloned a modem its not gunna work no more....... that sux lmao :D i only had it a week.

Yea m8 looks like you were to late, a well better late than never lol, but there’s ways around it just wait and see what the pros have up there sleeves

L33tpL4y4 said:
None, If your gona do that, just put a 120 mac on a 120. SORTED
i thought if a 120 modem as taken the update it is buggerd is this still right???
and is it only the 3mb macs on the 200s that are updateing

thanx...

did anyone actually have the pin 11 mod done and the firmware still upgraded ???

thomson said:
did anyone actually have the pin 11 mod done and the firmware still upgraded ???

pin 11 dosent work, when i done it all the modem done was reboot constantly!

cryptik said:
200 mac on a 200 modem., NTL will update the modem but it will still work. = Correct (hard to find 200 macs tho)
I realise then we won’t be able to edit the MAC = correct (unless u can reprogramme chips)
However if we use this MAC again on another pre updated 200 it shouldn’t update again = WRONG

i was refering to this guy, about putting a 120 mac on a 120 if you want it to run at 3mb.

Please could someone tell us the facts and not aload of sh*t. We posted this this afternoon and got back a response above - is all this correct and if so, and you have a 100,120 with a 100,120 MAC High then will it update, but you will not be able to change the MAC. if this is the case then for the price of a McDonalds Big MAC then we will all purchase 3 different types of modem, one for all the different speeds. and as i have load of Pre 100, 120 then great, so me the money.

F$%c this m8 blackcat it is for me

The reason being that i hate ntl therefore i hate there modems and our colonial yank borhters have been using surfboards for years and i trust them and i bet that there is a lot more to them than meets the eye ;@) im gunna use this ntl one then as soon as it updates ill keep it and it might be of use one day but like i am going for blackcat ;)

Also if this is happening around the country then it area specific upgrades, as I have 3 modems running all night and all day all with 3 MB lines and none of these have not updated???? Could we all sit back and collate the areas that have been affected, before there is a modem tsunami.

The SB5100 was never possible i spent a few years talking tot he guys at tcniso about the modmes and it was never possible to do a SB5100 so like now it is im going for it the sb4100 and 4200 r to expensive as people rip the a$$ out of the prices "coz there uncappable" lol so 5100 it is for moi and a nice 10mbit bund03.conf no more macz for me :D

I agree i am not affected neither do i belive i will be i think its just all hype and people are going a bit other the top at the moment we need to talk about the areas affected etc and see if theres any truth in it i dont think there is the only may be a lsight bit of trusth because with ntl getting 10mbit out they dont want people rpaing there bw but i cant see it myself its all to sudden ;)

L33tpL4y4 said:
pin 11 dosent work, when i done it all the modem done was reboot constantly!

did you make the pin 11 mod switchable, I.E - on and off, you need to be able to switch it on and off, i think off to change mac and then on to stop firmware, or vice versa, i cant remember :)

Back