Add New New Maps For Navi-Go sy 885 (ebuyer)

sorted for ya m8 ;)

just follow the tut by fatboy in page 1 :)

I am having an odd problem with it, maybe someone can help.

I moved the My Documents folder and the others to the SDMMC folder (SD card). All worked fine until one time when I reformatted the card in my PC, I added all the folders before putting it back into the Sat Nav. When I switched it on I had a SDMMC and a SDMMC1 folder. The SDMMC1 was the SD card and it created the SDMMC folder on internal memory. If I take the card out with it switched on, delete the SDMMC folder and reinsert the SD card the SDMMC folder returns correctly as the SD card. Every time I power off the Sat NAv with the switch and switch back on I am back to having a SDMMC and SDMMC1 folder.

Any ideas?

use the files I sent u and follow post 1 in this thread

u dont need to mess with my documents folder m8

I will when I get in mate. The version of TomTom 6 I am using insists on the maps being in the My Documents folder.

It will be good if I can leave the folders as they should be.

All working fine now thanks including full postcode search. My original tomtom worked but not with postcodes.

I also sorted out my wierd SDMMC1 problem. When I reformatted the SD card I made it FAT32. It has to be FAT16 to work correctly.

I have now moved My Documents, Programs, Desktop and the Application folders to the SD card. This allows me to save shortcuts to the desktop. My sat nav boots to the windows desktop now and I run which ever program I want from there.

Now to find some more sat nav programs and decide which I like best. I like totom but not the way it does speed cams, who cares if there is a 30 mph GATSO on a road nearby when your on the motorway?

A BIG THANX!!!! To Rat for sorting me out with links for files. All loaded up and now running TomTom with 7digit postcode and speed cameras aswell Yehaaaaaahhhhhh!!! T H A N X !!!

:) good to hear ur up and running

ur welcome m8,only passing on what Ive read and learned from others :)

Any chance of the links mate.

I have tomtom on but not with full postcode search.

Again A BIG THANKS to Rat for the links and info
Got mine up and running no probs. Even put on the French and Italian maps on
for more detailed road info for the family's road trip to Rome in the summer.
Thanks again Rat

Hi Rat,

Any chance you could send me the links for the tomtom files. I'm pulling me hair out with the version I've got.

Cheers

PM sent m8 ;)

follow tut by fatboy in post #1

Thanks Rat.

Got everything sorted. These things are a real bargain for 60 quid.

Hi Pilgrims
I have followed all that 'Fatboy' says in the tutorial.
However, I did get into Wince and got the TomTom start screen, then 'no maps' error.
I didn't see any of the files on right of screen as outlined by 'Fatboy'.
I found another TomTom6 download from Australia and the TomTom start screen loaded but everything was in Chinese, I couldn't change it to English. I've tried all sorts, I must have formatted my card about 8 times.
I am about to aim this Navigo through the window, so can someone save my sanity please?
Thanks all!

You have a PM m8 u seems to have it all working apart from maps

so Ive sent you a link to the maps Im useing

Thanks Rat
I followed the link, I seem to have a problem with my connection. Going really slow. Did a speedtest and I'm only getting 207 kbps. I'll try later.
Cheers

it should speed up m8

u have the file name now so you might be able to find it somewhere else with more seeders ;)

alarmeng ive PMd you all the right links m8 ;)

got it up and running with the tomtom soft thanks Rat and Fatboy for the links :Cheers:

yessssssssssssssss. got the sat nav this morning and now have tomtom on with speed cams .. big thanks the fatboy and rat for his links.......
i will keep my eyes open for some voices next....
thanks again
garyb

Back